All reviews standard room old city great location lovely guesthouse air con construction work deluxe rooms swimming pool quiet lane would stay here again enjoyed our stay extra bed walled city stayed nights street noise nice pool tuk tuk
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Been traveling Thailand for several weeks and have stayed in a mix of guest houses and very nice hotels.

This place was really good. The price was good, (should he 1500 at sign at reception) we paid 1100 bhat a night for a standard room, didn't feel the need to upgrade to the other rooms.

The location is the key here... it's brilliant. So close yo everything.

Reception are fantastic. Young girl working there with perfect English was so helpful about trios and busses to Pai.

They book literally everything there.. busses .. trips etc and had recommendations for massages and so on.

Pool was small but a nice feature . They where doing some light construction work but that's to be expected in the quiet season.

Thanks for having us.

Conor

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Conor4087
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at the Sri Pat Guesthouse, everything was good for the most part, they do offer trips/excursions at a reasonable rate which we took advantage of.

Our problems started the day we had to check out. Check out is 11am. We had asked the reception, if we can check out a bit later (1:30pm) since we had a flight later that afternoon, to which they said it was ok. At the same time, I booked an airport taxi with reception for 200 baht.

At around noon, we receive a call in our room, that we need to check out immediately. I went to reception and they inform me that they spoke to "the boss", and they will charge me 575 baht for my late check-out! Is this a joke?! For an extra 2 hours?! We packed our bags and left immediately, hauling around 4 bags of luggage around Chiang Mai as they would not even offer to store our luggage until we had to leave for the airport.

After all that, they still thought I would take advantage of their airport taxi service? Who runs this place? I cancelled the taxi to their surprise, and found a taxi for 75 baht instead of 200 baht.

Moral of the story: the staff is incapable of making any decisions, everything goes through "the boss". This was our fourth accomodation since we started our trip 2 weeks ago and it was the only one where we had this problem. Don't count on getting late check-out unless you want to pay the equivalent of half a night's stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David K
Reviewed April 21, 2018

Immaculate guesthouse run by a truly gracious family. They couldn’t be more polite, helpful or kind.
Highly recommended. Well located inside the old city but near the moat. Quiet.
Breakfast is not included but is very good. Try the fruit salad.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bmwm6
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

We originally booked this guesthouse for 2 nights and extended it another 2 nights. It’s very clean with lovely large rooms and a huge ( larger than king) bed. The staff is very friendly and helpful but the desk closes in the evening and there is only a night guard, who speaks very little English. Bottled water is not provided but there is a water cooler to refill bottles. The restaurant was not open during our stay but they make a nice coffee, both hot and iced which is complimentary. There is also a small pool.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank greatskinnc
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Stayed here for a few nights and we had a good stay…nothing extraordinary although I have to say staff is really nice and helpful…or at least they try to be helpful, which in my book is enough.

We had a room at the back of the hotel and the room was very quiet at least from the street noise but not from the guests next door whose noise we were getting through the door (not the wall).

Location sure is in the Old Town but it is not really close to anything (in the old town) since it is in the north-east corner of town. There are markets and places to eat nearby indeed, but is far from the main market.

For little more than 150bht you can get a simple breakfast (eggs, ham toast and tea/coffee) which is very decent.
A/C works like a charm but the bed is very hard and I had a hard time trying to sleep. You have access to a Safe box in your room but will need to leave a 300bht deposit to get the key(codes do not work).

Wifi was not particularly strong in the room.

If I came back to Chiang Mai, I would prefer to stay elsewhere but mainly because I would like to try a different location…besides the mattress the place is quite fine.

Every morning at around 7:00 am a monk or two come to the place and they are fed by the hotel staff (or owners, I don't really know)...it was really cool to experience that Buddhist ceremony/tradition.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple