All reviewsgreat locationold townwat phra singhomelette stationsunday night marketbeds are rock hardsmall poolquick diptour deskceiling fanlovely hotelwould stay againsuperior roomprivate balconywalking distancebreakfast was includeddouble bed
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

This hotel seemed to be in demand when we were trying to book online and I can understand why. Upon arriving we were pleased to see that it was a smaller hotel, modern looking, lush with a lot of plants, sufficient pool and close to many shops, restaurants and spas. When checking in we were served a nice cold glass of tea and noticed they had a few cold drinks, coffee and snacks available at all times in the lobby. The neighbourhood is very quaint and safe at all hours with a Seven11 close by. Our room had a Thai feel with great air conditioning. There was a safe, a few English channels and a mini bar. Wifi worked very well and they have a tour guide in house to help you book your excursions. Unfortunately they were undergoing some renovations during our stay which made for loud banging but we weren't in the room long enough to be bothered. The laundry however is a bit of an issue. They will try to get you to use their service but it is pricey. Only once we came back with wet clothes (most shops only had a washer no dryer) we were informed they have a washer and dryer in their building next door for a very small cost. Breakfast was included and it was good however lacking some selection. All in all I would return to this hotel. It was well located and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Fantastic location, in the middle of everything and bustling part of Chiang Mai. Stayed here as I didn’t want a 1 hour trip down the mountains for a 6am flight to Hong Kong that I had the next morning. Look its ok value for money (didn’t cost me much) lovely staff (they even offered me a breakfast box to take to the airport) clean small rooms and relatively peaceful. Hard bed, no natural light, nothing-fancy bathroom, and overall quite a busy hotel. Loads of local little restaurants, which I loved, massage places (I had one at a place that specifically hires ex-prison inmates, which was packed with customers and they did a superb treatment!!!) and the ‘walking markets’ on Sunday nights. These are really great.

Next time I will stay at their sister property, which is located next door and I think it’s called “99 The Heritage” – looked much more stylish, kind of ‘Raffles’ or ‘Sofitel Metropol’ federation looking and not so low-budget. I guess you get what you pay for, and if you’re looking for no-frills in a good city location, then this will be absolutely fine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

When a 7-minute tuk tuk ride gets you to the city centre of Chiang Mai and your hotel is opposite of one of the most famous temples of the city, you know you picked the right hotel. Pair that with friendly staff, clean rooms, great wifi and a super double-bed, you've got yourself a great and super affordable hotel choice for your stay in Chiang Mai. Upon inquiry I was given several tips on sights, restaurants and getting around, which made my stay extremely relaxing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

As first timers to Chiang mai we weren't sure where would be a good location to explore the city. This hotel is a good base to explore the old town and all of the temples in the area. The street behind has some nice places to eat and it is easy to catch a songthaew to anywhere in the town. The staff at the front desk were very helpful as we needed to arrange a very early taxi pick up, but we could not do this with the tour rep as we were on a day long trip. They left a note on their desk to make sure our booking was followed through. We were very grateful for this service! Breakfast was pleasant and met our needs before excursions. The bed was one of the hardest of our trip but we got used to it and were usually exhausted from exploring.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank jellybean181
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We were completely thrilled by this place.

Here are the positives:
- Great service. Friendly personnel. Nothing is too difficult
- Great location - right in the Center
- Great lobby atmosphere and nibbles

Neutrals:
- Nice, but smaller pool
- Make sure you bring the address to the taxi driver as the hotel is new and not all know about it already.

Negatives:
None really. Would go again. Anytime.

The Service is outstanding. Great welcome.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family