All reviews tuk tuk night market an oasis old city central courtyard the ground floor small hotel beautiful hotel ping river busy city our honeymoon beautiful pool quiet location free shuttle deluxe room visiting chiang mai main road
Reviewed January 22, 2018

The first thoughts driving from the airport towards our hotel were “what have we done!” 10 days in Chiang Mai seemed like way too much. The city seemed polluted, dusty and very noisy. We shouldn’t have worried though. Puripunn is an oasis in the desert, heaven on Earth, you choose what you call it. Somehow after turning off the main road, suddenly there is peace and quiet and it continues all the way to the hotel and that’s how it stays.
Puripunn is fantastic, the location is 10min walk from the old town, and from the ‘nightlife’ area. The rooms are airy and if like us, you don’t like the blasting air con - there is a fan that does the trick. The staff is super – friendly, attentive, smiley, efficient etc etc. The breakfast is plentiful, I guess it’s targeted to please the less adventurous, so quite continental, wouldn’t have minded some more Thai dishes, but we didn’t go hungry. The lunches and dinners however were delicious.
It is very cheap to have a massage in the town, the prices at the hotel seem astrological in comparison, BUT if ever the saying you get what you pay for is true, then that is the case. Sure we had some nice massages in town too, but quite often we got a feeling the masseur didn’t quite know what they were doing. Plus if you want to relax then the environment is crucial. The massages in the hotel were heavenly. We recommend trying the Puripunn Aroma massage. Perfect!
The pool is small, but as it is a small hotel, you can’t be expecting Olympic size one… There were always spaces by the pool. The staff helps you with anything you wish for – tours, taxies, recommendations. They remember your preferences after a day or two!
As with everything there is always room for improvement and if I could make a suggestion then a bit less often to change towels and sheets (we are environmentally conscious after all) and perhaps instead of the couch in the room a set of drawers – would be easier to put away clothes as hanging them up is such a task 
If you are looking for an escape from crowds or somewhere romantic (it is breath-taking at night time!) Puripunn is the place!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and overall I was very impressed. For one thing I realised I had made a mistake with my travel itinerary and needed to ask to stay on for the 3rd night and they accommodated this request without batting an eyelid and I was extremely grateful for this!

The room was superb with a lovely view over the immaculately maintained pool and garden area in the centre of the hotel. I particularly enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the early evening sunshine with a book, very serene!

I would have given the hotel 5 stars if the food had been a little better. If you are paying top whack for a hotel and premium food prices on top of this I would personaly expect better. The breakfast was good but the a la carte menu was disappointing - especially the Thai dishes which were not of the standard I expected and experienced literally everywhere else in Thailand. You expect to pay more for food in a hotel than in many restaurants but the quality needs to be on a par!

Despite this I had a very pleasant stay and would return to stay here again if was returning to Chiang Mai.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Faultless hotel in terms of nice rooms, good food and a well kept pool area. The best part of the stay was probably the excellent staff who always had a smile on their faces and were keen to help. The negatives were the gym wasn’t really gym - more a room with a bench in, the location being out of the main part of town (30 min walk) a shuttle was run one way to partly accommodate this, lastly it seemed a bit expensive for what it was on offer - after a couple of nights we moved to another hotel for near half the price which was arguably on par with a more central location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamesmichael86
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

We had a reliable airport transfer to this beautiful hotel, and were welcomed with a cold drink and refreshing towels. We were then shown to our room, which was delightful and right by the garden, (105). A beautiful big bathroom and a lovely terrace too.

We enjoyed a two night stay here, and had breakfast, lunch and dinner here both days - all the food was delicious, although wine was a little pricey.

The pool area is well maintained and really beautiful. Lovely flowers too. Previous reviews have mentioned the hotel being down a dark alley. I wouldn’t describe it as such. It is down a typically Thai side street. A bit of a drive to negotiate the entrance, and I wouldn’t want to walk down it in the dark, but not exactly a dark alley........

There were just two aspects of this hotel that has stopped me from giving it five stars:

1. We paid the bill the evening before departure as we had a very early start the next morning. Luckily I asked for a detailed receipt, as, just as our transport was arriving, a lady came out of Reception declaring that we had not paid for all drinks. I informed her we had indeed paid for everything and I could show her proof. She went back indoors, and came out a few minutes later, apologising. Be sure to get a detailed receipt is my message - and wouldn’t you have thought they could have waived the price of two drinks if need be?!

2. Previous reviews had said the pool is very cold. Yes it is! It really is too cold for comfort. The sun doesn’t shine on the water as there is permanent shade by the beautiful foliage, and there’s a fast flowing fountain that keeps the water permanently moving which lowers the temperature. I would have liked to swim both days, but I did enjoy lying in the shade by the pool. It wasn’t a deal breaker, but it was a little disappointing.

All in all, this hotel is a beautiful oasis in a busy city, and I can’t think of a better alternative, so yes, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARGOTW885
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel in narrow street a few minutes outside the old city. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The staff very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the small restaurant and enjoyed delicious authentic Thai food. The rooms are rather basic and due to the design of the building, the place can be rather noisy. It’s good value for money but no comparison to true 5 star hotels.

Date of stay: December 2017