“Friendly Stay”
Review of Parami Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Parami Guesthouse
Reviewed 7 January 2017

The rooms are basic but spacious and the water is quite hot. The family that runs the guesthouse is kind and booked cars to the airport for us without issue. The walk into the Old Town is about 20 minutes but there are some cool shops and a market on the way

Room Tip: Room 3 was quiet in the courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Loved our stay here. Nice atmosphere with central courtyard. Friendly host family. Lovely double room, spotlessly clean, delicious breakfast (50-100 baht) nice policy of grabbing drinks from the fridge and adding them to a tab whilst you are staying there. Kindly looked after our bags whilst we went on a trek- this place is brilliant and such a bargain at £10/night!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Small, family run guesthouse. The lady who works there is the sweetest soul and you can genuinely wants you to enjoy your stay.

The coffees in the morning are well made, as are the breakfasts. Cold bottles of water are correctly priced and can be grabbed from the fridge as you're running out the door and added to your tab.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 14 October 2016

My partner and I stayed here not long ago and were very disappointed with this guesthouse. We booked into the Parami Guesthouse going by multiple previous good reviews on booking.com and trip advisor. Not sure if we just had a one off, but from start to finish, everything was disappointing. The family who run the place are very friendly, but when it comes to asking about information about the local area, or just general questions about Chiang Mai they either didn't know or were not very helpful. Also it seemed that the main lady who runs the place was never there, but leaves here children to run the cafe/guesthouse. They sit on the computer behind the desk and the one in the cafe all day watching videos on the internet. Our room was beyond poor. The bathroom constantly had bugs and cockroaches in. The general cleanliness of the entire room was awful. The windows in the room were wooden shutters that didn't shut with broken mesh covers. Even though this place is cheap and cheerful, i would not recommend anyone stay in this place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

The 2 things that made this guesthouse good were the family that run it and the fact you felt like it was a traditional Thai wood house. It is alittle noiser because it is wooden and the mattress in our double room on the first floor was rock hard. Apart from these things though we found it was a good place to stay, there are bars down the street, (the riverside bar was recommended to us by a local for the live music). The main part of the city is only a 10-15min walk away which for us was not an issue.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2016

I had chosen Parami Guesthouse from the internet purely because of its proximity to EFL Learning Centre, where I was to spend 5 weeks learning Thai. Turned out to be the luckiest random choice I've ever made. The owners are Swiss (now returned home) but it explains a lot: the wonderful Western breakfasts; fresh milk instead of powdered; carefully chosen decor; the espresso machine in the restaurant (breakfast served to 11am); matching ceramic condiment pots on the tables, etc. I especially loved my courtyard suite, of which there were several; mine was to the rear of the complex, so it was very quiet. Noor and her staff did a wonderful job of making me welcome and looking after me. I also hadn't realised that the guesthouse is just a few doors away from the start of a long stretch of wonderful galleries, art cafes and restaurants - all of which I soon found. The river is metres away for long, picturesque walks. A tuk-tuk will have you at the main markets on the other side of the river within minutes, or at Central Festival (a huge, new shopping mall and cinema complex) in the same time. Walking distance to markets across the river; the guesthouse is right near Nakornping Bridge, one of the many crossings. Superb value for money, too. The longer the stay, the cheaper the rate. My 5-week stay cost me AUD 14 pd including breakfast. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room at the rear of the complex - very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Well run, clean clean. Staff try hard to help. I found the no food in room policy good from one angle but meant I couldn't snack unless going to a restaurant or eating while walking. This was inconvenient particularly as I had my own room and space to eat

American breakfast was not great. I couldn't eat it. Coffee was also bad. Not the cheapest breakfast either.

Walls were really thin. You could hear people breathing in other rooms and bathroom.

Stayed: February 2016