All reviews villa rooms old town air con guest house sunday night market walls are very thin great position small buffet mosquito net superior room first morning thai style hotel is great a wonderful stay doi suthep small hotel stayed nights
Reviewed July 6, 2018

Having just read the previous negative reviews, I can only say my wife and I only have good memories of our stay at this hotel. We chose this place to stay whilst in Chiang Mai celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary because we liked the traditional Thai look of the place and it's great position in the Old City. Although we had some hassles getting there due to missed flight, we were certainly welcomed and made to feel 'at home'. Our room was spacious with air con and a balcony overlooking the pool. The bed was large, clean and comfortable and no bugs to be seen :-). If clean towels were wanted, all you had to do was leave the soiled/wet ones on the floor and they were replaced. Although the walls are very thin and noise can sometimes be heard, there are signs around asking people to be respectfully quiet. We didn't find it a problem.
Whatever minor complaints you might have, the staff and their exceptionally friendly service more than outweigh them. We were even presented with flowers and a card on our 50th. They were always trying to help make our stay enjoyable, both in reception and in the restaurant. The breakfast menu was good, although perhaps a tad monotonous when staying for a while The pool was also welcome after a hot day on the go and never busy.
I only say this hotel is slightly expensive comparing it to what is available elsewhere in Chiang Mai, it simply gets down to what you are looking for and we were not disappointed. A special thank you to Pla who was a sheer delight and also to Su for her helpfulness.

Room Tip: We were in C4 overlooking pool cannot speak for other rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018

My friend and I stayed in Villa 1 for 5 days in June 2018. Honestly? This will be my go-to hotel in Chiang Mai in the future. I was a bit apprehensive about booking Buri Gallery House based on some of the reviews on here, but I am so happy we gave it a shot: our room and the whole experience was absolutely wonderful. I do think a lot of your overall experience will depend on the room you book. Most of the double rooms seem to be at the bottom of the houses, therefore they are smaller and potentially a bit dark. The Villa rooms, especially Villa 1, are enormously spacious, well-equipped with beautiful furniture, have great aircon and are bright and friendly. We loved our room – the bathroom has both a tub and a big shower, everything was tastefully decorated with modern and Thai elements and again, there was so much space! And everything was clean and tidy – not everything is spotless, but nothing comes to mind that I would overtly criticise.

Su and the reception staff, but really everyone at Buri Gallery House, went above and beyond in terms of service. Completely unexpectedly I was contacted before my arrival to arrange a complimentary airport pickup, which was much appreciated. Everyone was always exceptionally friendly, always ready to recommend interesting things to see and do, always happy to help. We did one half-day trip with their own hotel car and driver, which was lovely. Everyone spoke good to great English.

Other stuff: the outside look and feel is super cute – the mix of modern and traditional thai works really well and it looks beautiful and well-kept from the moment you walk in. The pool area is small but well maintained and the café attached to the hotel served nice coffee and snacks. There is currently a hotel (?) being build next door which resulted in a bit of construction noise. The breakfast was good – there was a small buffet with toast, fruit (could be a bit more varied), jams and some hot food items and cake. Additionally, guests can pick from a list of breakfast items, including English Breakfast (or rather the Thai version of it), omlette, Eggs benedict (quite good!), granola + fruit bowl, or Thai hot breakfast.
The location is amazing, walking distance to everywhere in the Old town, at the end/start of the Sunday market and it’s right next to one of the big, well-known temples, so super easy to navigate the cab/tuktuk drivers there. There are two 7/11 right next to it, numerous restaurants close by, street food vendors in front of the door and super nice massage places and spas within a 5 minute walk.

Overall, I loved Buri Gallery House and will hopefully return soon. And I will definitely ask for Villa Room 1!

Room Tip: Go for a Villa Room, definitely worth it (Villa 1 if you can get it)
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a centralized location. Many dinning and leisure activities are in walking distance.i would Definitely recommend this hotel for anyone interested in visiting Mhiang Mia

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing place to stay! Everyone is so kind and hardworking! Very clean too! Beautiful and highly recommend! The rooms are very nice, clean and well laid out. The biscuits are to die for in the main lobby! Also it is so nice that they hand out waters at the front too before you leave. They remember you and the room you stay in and are very helpful!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Stayed here for 6 nights and enjoyed every second of my stay. The hotel's practice of 'Doing what it takes to make your stay more comfortable' was truly felt. Firstly, we ordered a package to be delivered to the hotel and they kept it for us safely for 3 WEEKS, even informing us when the package had arrived (Thank you Su).

The staff were very friendly, helpful, kind and always greeted you with a smile. Upon check-in, Dew gave us a detailed explanation of the surrounding areas, places of interest to visit as well as food recommendations. They even remembered our names and the room we were staying in. The hotel provided us with a complimentary airport pickup and we were also able to book all the activities we wanted through them easily, including a private car to visit Doi Suthep. The breakfast included with the stay had a good selection of meal options in addition to a buffet spread of bread, fruits and juices. In the reception area they have free cookies and water for guests to snack on.

We loved their pineapple cookies so much that we asked if we could buy them, but to our surprise, they surprised us with a tiny jar full of cookies with our names written on the jar (really really sweet of them).

They staff here really make you feel like you are part of the family here and I definitely recommend Buri Gallery House if you want to stay in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: Try the homemade pineapple cookies in the reception. They are delicious.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple