See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

The guesthouse is situated about a 10 minute walk from the night bazar and other amenities. The room itself is fine, with big bed and good size room. However the bathroom is beyond gross and possibly one of the worst I have encountered during my time in Asia, I've honestly seen squatting toilets that are in better shape. All in all it was less than 200 bah for a night so you can't really complain with that price!!

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed April 30, 2016 via mobile

We really liked this home stay. Good location, not inside the city but it was free rental of bicycle so it was really easy to get into the city! Not far :) the owner is really helpful and friendly!!

Beds were nice, toilet was good maybe it needs a little improvement of the pressure in the shower but it was okay! Fan works good:)

We would really recommend this place, it's really good value for the money!! We stayed 5 nights :)

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

Budget place, ok for a night. Very friendly and helpfull owner and decent location but not very clean. We wanted to start cleaning as soon as we got in. Dust everywhere and some green on the shower walls. We booked for two weeks but soon realised there wouldn't be any cleaning done in that time. Not a fresh sheet or towel either.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Ive stayed here three years running , and just booked for another two months in January 2016 . The location is walking distance to train station , bars , restaurants ,markets , and shops . The price is great if you dont want air-con or a pool . Never had a problem with the water / shower. Its not the Hilton , but the place is now being bought up to a higher standard . The manager - Pong - is a superb guy , and most helpful in every way . As of my last vacation , they no longer open the restaurant , so check . Free WI-FI and trip / adventure day advice .

Room Tip: Rooms are either twin singles , or a double .Upstairs - better veiw .
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank njeffrey
Reviewed July 31, 2015

As I have seen the reviews saying how the dreadful and nasty the place is, I say I have seen worst places to stay but this is not one of them. For the price, it is relatively cheap provided that it is still a little bit closer to the night bazaar and between the main city and going towards the bus and train station. Also, let me say about the owner, Ben who is extremely helpful and generous of his time to make your stay convenient. I am quite a nitpicker myself especially when it comes to accommodation but it entirely depends on your budget and how long you are going to stay in one place. I only stayed for one night because I already had stayed from a different hotel 2 nights before and have to go back to the village where I am currently living and it has been fairly comfortable enough for me. Although my expectations of the place was not that high because of how much I paid but still it was not that bad at all. The bathroom is very modest, it has some issues especially with the hot shower not working, although I don't mind taking cold showers, for those who prefer to have a hot shower, then this is not for you. There are only two electric outlets which is only good for two prong plugs, I suggest which I always do is to bring your own extension cords. Depending on which season you come to visit to Chiangmai, to which I arrived on rainy season, the ceiling fan was sufficient enough, but I think on hot and humid days, this would probably not going to work for me. All in all, the room is modest, it has a huge closet to fit it your backpacks and luggage(s), a medium sized wall mirror, a medium sized table and chair, you are also given two small bottles of free water, and towels. For 200baht a night, do not expect the place to be utterly pristine. This is good for those who just wants to have a quick stay and just to get through the night. To reach this place, there is a tiny, narrow road leading towards the guesthouse just a few meters away from The Duke's Restaurant, or if you have your own transportation, you can just ask anyone about Rimping Village Hotel it is just right across it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo