“Great getaway place”

Ranked #16 of 379 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Tervuren, Belgium
“Great getaway place”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Shewe Wana is located 7 minutes walking of the main gate of Chiang Mai, just 5 minutes from the train station. What a nice play to spend a few days. The welcome was a very warm one, they picked me up at the airport without extra charge.
Breakfast was very good with a lot of options and delicious mango and other local fruits.
I can imagine myself spending a honeymoon here !
The day I left I realized in the airport that I forgot my private cell phone in the safe of my room. I called them and they send one of their staff with a motorbike to give me my cell phone. This was a very nice gesture, otherwise I would have had to return to the hotel with the risk of missing my flight. Thank you so much for being such good hosts. You exceeded my expectations and I rate you number of 1 of all my stays in the last couple of years. Will be back !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have just returned from a 6 night stay in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite, and cannot speak highly enough of this wonderful little hotel. It exceeded my expectations in every way. The suite was very spacious, meticulously clean and well furnished. Plenty of storage space in the bedrooms and good sized bathrooms. The showers had very good water pressure, and the toiletries provided are all hand made and just divine (shampoo, conditioner, body wash left my hair and skin feeling amazing). Both pools were excellent, certainly refreshing and a relaxing place to chill out and unwind after touring around Chiang Mai. The tropical gardens are lush and well maintained, it is literally an oasis to escape to - we slept peacefully with no disturbance from the outside world. Bliss! The breakfasts are amazing, nothing is too much trouble for the staff, and those banana pancakes are incredible. All the staff were so friendly and obliging, it was a real home away from home. I would not even contemplate staying anywhere else in Chiang Mai, and cannot wait to go back!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Fantastic breakfast - buffet fruit/breads and order for cooked breakfast. Good coffee! Staff very friendly and helpful especially Nit. Beware of the mosquitos though - someone left our balcony door open and even though the mosquito screen was closed when we got home there were about 25 mosquitos in the kids bedroom. Quite easy to kill them though they seemed a bit dopey. Mosquitos not a problem as long as you spray up well and keep the doors closed. We ate at the restaraunt on the last day and the food was delicious - the starter plate was the best. Wished we had eten there more.

Room Tip: We were a bit disappointed in being put on the third floor but actually it was better as no one walk...
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We spent 6 nights at the Shewe Wana in Chiang Mai and were treated to a peaceful paradise within the city. We had royal suite 5 that was right next to the pool (10 steps away!). The suite was spacious, clean and beautifully furnished. We looked forward to an amazing breakfast every morning (don't miss the banana pancakes) with fresh fruits. The main pool was excellent and it was rare for us to ever see anyone else there. Plenty of sun exposure too on the deck. Staff frequently replaced the flowers and decorations around the resort which added a nice touch. Dined in the restaurant and had a wonderful, tasty Thai meal. All of the front desk staff spoke English well and were happy to book a tour for us or book a table at a restaurant. The resort tuk tuk was also handy to take you wherever you would like to go. Laundry service was great - cheap and fast. I will recommend this boutique resort to everyone I know and will stay here when in Chiang Mai again.

1 Thank JaneG94
London, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Chaing Mai, staying at the Shewe Wana Boutique Resort. I can't say enough about it!! I traveled with 3 other women, we stayed in the "Royal Suite", it suited our needs perfectly. The beautiful gardens and pools, are wonderful. The staff go out of their way to be welcoming and helpful! They were very helpful with suggestions of things to do and places to eat. Nit, especially goes out of his way to be helpful. Joy one of the owners, was on site most of the time and often sat down with us to chat. The food was wonderful as well. It is a hidden gem in a very busy city. I would highly recommend staying here, I hope to be able to go back someday!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We started our honeymoon here and what a place to be. Shewe Wana is so quaint and perfect. The staff were so freindly and helpful. Breakfast was splendid every morning.
2 pools and both a great size. Exquisite orchids everywhere and a herb garden with ponds no end. You would never even know the city of Chiang Mai was right out front. We could walk to the night markets in less then 10 mins (we went every night)....however we did tend to get lazy towards the end and started catching tuk tuks, only costing 40thb. Awesome, beautiful. I am in love with Chiang Mai now and I believe the accomadation at Shewe Wana is definaltley partly to blame for this :-)
A big thank you to the staff and we look forward to coming back some day.
regards
Dale and Shirley

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShirleyBooka
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed a week in the Shewe Wana recently and were not disappointed. We had been upgraded to a De Luxe double room on the first floor. The room was functional but not on the large side compared to other hotels in Thailand. The standard rooms are even smaller, but do not let this put you off as everything else was top class. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 rating is the size of the rooms and the fact that floors are concrete and the bathroom looked as if the tiling had not been finished.
Service and food was excellent and the owner Joy is so friendly and always available for a chat.
As has been said, it's only a 15 minute walk to the night market and a 25 minute walk to the old town or 60Baht in a tuk tuk. We tended to walk to the town and Tuk Tuk back.
The two pools are excellent and were always quiet when we were there. One pool gets virtually no sun and the other loses the sun at 3.30pm, so if you want to sunbathe go early. Airport pick up and delivery was prompt and friendly. We had a complimentary dinner on the first night and free drink (did not appear).
We had a look in a top grade suite and were so impressed with quality, if you can afford it stay in one of these.
The Massage suite is very expensive compared to what you get in the city.
All in all we were delighted and would book again.
The

Room Tip: 1st floor towards the back of the hotel or one of the suites
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple