“May just be the best appetizer that I have ever had in my life!”
Review of Le Grand Lanna

Le Grand Lanna
Ranked #53 of 2,626 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Speciality Thai restaurant with seating for 180. Cuisine is from both Northern and Central Thailand. Le Grand Lanna is set in a cluster of traditional Lanna style buildings. A Thai Classical Dance Show entertains guests nightly. The restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner.
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

A travel friend suggested, actually he insisted, that I have dinner at Le Grand Lanna when in Chiang Mai and now I know why.
First off this, resort is set in the outskirts of town, most probably at the minimum 15- 20 minutes by car or tuk tuk from your hotel in good traffic, so plan accordingly. I took a tuk tuk there and an Uber back.
Le Grand Lanna is actually an indoor and outdoor restaurant within the grounds of The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai Resort, which BTW is quite simply breathtaking. At a set time during dinner there is an hour long Thai dance and music presentation which is actually quite nice.
While the wait staff is certainly polite and quite honestly nice, service was just ok and at times a little chaotic. I had multiple people coming for my orders and I wasn’t quite sure who my primary server was. There was a bit of confusion with no one seeming to know that I had ordered a main course and what that was. I don’t mind “casual” service, but I do expect efficient service
The grounds which this restaurant seemed to be embedded in with original Lanna artifacts situated about and unique art and antiques thoughtfully displayed about - once again....stunning!
The atmosphere relaxed, yet sophisticated and the food......oh the food!!!! I do believe that the appetizer of “Cereal crust Chiang Mai’s lychee filled with minced prawns and peanut sauce” may just be the most delicious appetizer (quite possibly dish) that I have ever indulged in in my life (it even trumps Alinea’s ....believe it or not!). My entree was an exquisite curry: Traditional Chiang Mai curry with braised pork, pickled garlic, peanuts and ginger; it was really, really good. I had delicious lemongrass pandas leaf herbal “tea”. to drink. I thoroughly enjoyed my entire meal!There was so much more on the menu that I wanted to try, but I didn’t want to overeat. I will definitely be going back and perhaps even stay on property next time.
As an aside, guests are provided with a bottle of mosquito spray once seated - nice (and important) touch....
I recommend that you try Le Grand Lanna next time you are in Chiang Mai!!!!

Reviewed January 13, 2018

While staying in Chiang Mai , Northern past of Thailand my friend and me want to try an original Thai Food , We've selected Dhara Dhevi Hotel which located of Le Grand Lanna Thai Cuisine.We get a "Thai northern set" combination of sausage, green chili dip,crispy pork skin all has represent original Northern Thai. Don't forget to order Gaeng Hang- lae (Northern curry with pork and vegetable) before you leave must order sweet sticky rice with mango to farewell .You will feel this is Thailand.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

...if you are looking for an elegant place to dine and have authentic northern food without being afraid of the bill. You will pay exactly what you would be expecting to pay in a restaurant of similar quality in Europe. The atmosphere is 100% genuine and the staff is first class. We tried several dishes and where happy with quality, quantity and presentation. You will need a taxi to get there and it will take you about 15 minutes and 400 bath, but it is worth the visit if you want to escape crowded Chiang Mai and get the real Thai feeling.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Hide away from busy street outside where you can relax and enjoy special dishes from heaven. If you don’t mind local and original taste, you must try! All the dishes are well-cooked and prepared. With the peaceful and well decorated of Thai Lanna style, there is nowhere to just perfect alike here - Le Grand.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

We came here just for dinner and a show. It was amazing. I had the best duck dinner and the dancers and music in the evening were magnificent. I’m definitely staying in the hotel if I ever make it back to the city.