“Good private training”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good private training”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Nice private.training. a lot of pad works and there was focus to make myself better. For my girlfriend was it there 4th time ever she did muay thai amd liked it.

Visited August 2015
3 Thank Dez V

Ko Samui, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want to learn Muay Thai go here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

Before I went to Jun I was an absolute beginner in Muay thai. After 3,5 weeks of practise I have improved a lot! Highly recommend if you are serious about learning the sport. Facilities are great, Jun is charismatic and the staff is super. I also went to watch fights together with people from Jun. Overall had an awesome time with the people from the gym training and outside training. Group sessions are the same daily so I would recommend taking some 1 on 1 sessions as well. Worth the money! :)

Visited June 2015
1 Thank 183lassil
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Depends what you're after”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

I spent three weeks training here. I came here to reinvigorate my love for fitness and to lose some weight. I'd never done Muay Thai before.

The gym is well priced compared to other gyms in the area. The trainers there are lovely and moderately welcoming, and while they were patient with me learning, they didn't take any interest into my personal goals. It's a pretty competitive gym with a lot of professional fighters, who take up 90% of the trainers attention.

The training is pretty much the same, morning and night. Which after 3 weeks gets very boring, and the same muscle groups get worked over and over.

I had a friend go to another gym in Lamai, ( Pinyo) and for him the training was always different, they were very friendly, had weekly BBQs' For everyone at the gym, arranged for all of us to watch fights in nearby chaweng, and tailored programs for people's goals (particularly weight loss)

If you've done Muay Thai before and just want to get in and train; this is for you. If you have personal goals (increased fitness, weightless etc) look elsewhere

Visited July 2014
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Friendly, professional and first rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2014

I discovered Jun Muay Thai by chance and loved it. Morning and evening classes were full but you all got plenty of tone with trainers who are fit, fun and very good on technical areas. The private lessons were amazing I worked out harder than ever and smiled the whole time. Wan and Rote are the senior trainers when Jun the owner not there and they were great. It helpd not only ex champions but also qualified teachers and concerned for safe technique and well being. All ages and sizes welcome. Definitely try the private classes.
I'm planning a visit again this year as was so good for my health, weight loss and self esteem.

Visited December 2014
2 Thank BekWilson
Hedehusene, Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly place with fantastic trainers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2014

I have visit Jun Muay Thai a couple of times now and have been a part of the "Family" since my first time. It is a very friendly place with really good trainers for both beginners and experienced fighters.

I just visited the camp again and this time my 50 year old mom wanted to try a private lessons. Jun himself took such good care of her and she just loved it! Even though Jun is a former champion and has been traning a lot of great fighters, he can still teach a first timer. As all the other trainers he is competent, polite, very friendy and is just as hard a trainer as he needs to be :)

On this visit I got sick with a stomach flu and when I came to the camp, they insisted that I went to the doctor. My trainer therefore took me to a doctor who treats both thais and turist and was very resonable priced. After that they drove me back to my hotel because they didn't wanted me to drive when I was ill.

The camp isn't just a place to train Muay Thai but a place where you feel welcome and where they really takes care of you. I would highly recommend this place to everyone - beginners to fighters! Also the prices are low and especially the private lessons are cheaper then many other Places - but just as good!

Visited September 2014