See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 10, 2015

Hotel rooms not as in photographs

Pool area claustrophobic and you will be bitten alive by Mosquitos, even when you have on repellant.

Now for the really bad stuff.......

We checked in after a long exhausting journey and were very tired and we just wanted to leave our cases and go out for a bite to eat.

Check in took quite some time as copies of all 4 passports had to be made and forms completed - and it was baking hot and there was no offer of even a glass of water.

When we arrived a young man and older gentlemen were sitting next to reception watching TV. The young man checked us in. He informed us that the room key deposit would be 1,000 bhats per room = 2,000 bts. We handed over the cash, unfortunately we had to open the wallet to get the cash out so he could clearly see the umber of notes we had. The other man never came near and was concentrating on his tv programme. The younger one offered to help us with our luggage - 4 ladies, and before we went upstairs we asked if the rooms had safes, and we were told no, that the safety deposit boxes were downstairs and that if we wanted one it would be 7,000 bhat deposit - £150!!! - when I asked why it was so expensive I was told that it was to replace the key if lost. While I thought that the deposit was far too much I knew that we needed a safe so he completed the form, which I signed, and I counted out the 7,000 bhats and gave it to him. He told me that when we returned the key the deposit would be returned - we all witnessed this and we're laughing when he said don't lose the key - too true as we have never, anywhere on our travels been asked for such a high deposit - a small deposit or charge for the rental yes but never anything near to that.

We were careful and on the last day returned the keys. We we're given the 2,000 bhats for the room keys and when I asked for he 7,000 bhats I was told by the the rudest female ever on reception "No madam you did not give us any money, the money is only if you loose the key" - well perhaps they should inform the young man who checked us in of this policy as he most certainly took our money. I checked the wallet just to confirm as I knew exactly how much we had and it was correct as we all had witnessed, the money had been handed over as a deposit for the key. And apart from that she was not even there when we checked is so how could she know what we paid

We asked her to call the police, as all 4 of us had witnessed the cash being handed over to him, after more shouting and insults from her she said that she would call the young man. she then turned to the other gentleman, who was again sitting at the tv, and spoke to him. She then informed us that he had witnessed the key being handed over to us without any cash being exchanged, which was not true. In any event he was not even there, he was sitting watching tv so he would not have know as he did not stand up once or attempt to come over or assist us with our luggage.

We again insisted on her calling the police, which she did not even attempt to do as she knew that we had a minibus waiting to take us to another resort, which was 5 hours away, and she knew we were pushed for time.

We reluctantly left and informed her that we would be back next week with the police, which we intend to do as this is unacceptable behaviour, tourists should not be so blatantly ripped off by this hotel, it should not be allowed and needs to be investigated.

On other feed back sites similar to tripadvisor I noticed that people were commenting on the extremely high charges for both room and safe keys so for them to say that it is not their policy to take the 7,000 bhats is simply not true as they have taken it from others - and one had exactly the same trouble as us when they attempted to get it back.

The lady on reception should not be working with the public as she is the most rude, arrogant person that I have ever encountered at any hotel. The management of his small Thai chain should take note of her attitude and how tourists are being blatantly ripped off by their staff.

Room tip: AVOID - There are hundreds of hotels that are similar priced and better nearby where you will not be ripped off or spoken to by the receptionist as if you are a criminal - DISGRACEFUL
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Myra F
Reviewed January 14, 2015

Nantra Boutique Hotel is a simple guesthouse/hostel with clean rooms - a small swimming pool .
The staff is not so nice - and speaks little english . The location is ofcourse super - 200 meter from Pattaya beach and 15 minutes from the famous entetainment business.
Many chinese tourist stay in this are.
For young people a must and very good priced !

Room tip: for those who are partyanimals a very good place!
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Jos R
Reviewed January 5, 2015

hotel stuffs seem to be nice, but
we left some cash on the counter.
when we left our room, one cleaning girl went our room, we realized that we left our money, so we came back to our room, three clening ladys were there, they all said that we must forgotton we spent our money. they are all thiefs.
oh, they took our bag which we had some presents and important things

Date of stay: January 2015
5  Thank kwikang
Reviewed September 19, 2014

ifeel very happy about hotel nantra d boutique,good american breakfast and small swimming pool, near by beach very nice.but break staff very shouting she is very angry,some times not working,wifi,no lift,overall very good.

Room tip: good,rooms west side
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right at the beginning of the beach front. Great place if it's your first time in Pattaya and you like quiet. They have a pool but wasn't really interested in it as it looked like it had some algae growing. Breakfast was included and was delicious. The rooms themselves were very nice. We were on the second floor and used the stairs to get up; I'm not sure if there is an elevator so perhaps asking for a floor closer to the ground. Staff seemed nice but we really didn't interact with them much other than for breakfast. My only complaint about this place is that the WiFi sucks, could never get a signal despite their 3 hotspots and still was super slow. Overall, it's cheap, pleasant, and quiet. I would definitely recommend this place.

Date of stay: September 2014