All reviews quiet location asian food rooms are clean beach road cleaned every day air conditioner room service reception area great pool walking street swimming pool soi sauna iron tidy
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

If you know the song "hello darkness my old friend" sing the title to it.
I have used this hotel a number of times over the past 10 years. Living in temporary in Penang made my travels to Thailand very easy.

My last review 14months past i said that this hotel could be allowing for visa and management approval an ideal place for people from the northern hemisphere to while away the cold winter months. I still stand by that comment.

For Pattaya it is situated in a quiet location Soi 5 about 300 metres from Beach Road and the beach. Which incidently the Pattaya Council are currently ( August 2018) spending Baht 400m on replacing the sand and improving drainage.

Smoking is also banned on the beach, something i strongly agree with.

The hotel is also about 300metres from 2nd Road.

Within a short walking distance there are plenty of bars and restaurants.

There are many "street" food stalls and my view if the locals buy there I will too.

There is more than plenty to do in and around Pattaya.

Back to the hotel.

What I like about this part of the World is that people remember you from your last trip.
So as soon as our taxi stopped the "bell boy" was open and friendly.
However. The hotel is over the years now showing its age.

The internet cafè in reception lounge has gone. But with free WiFi is it needed?

I use to like sitting in the lounge reading the daily newspaper..Bangkok News but that too had been removed.

Our room was clean some of the fittings were definately showing their age with broken handles. Loose fittings in bathroom.

What made me smile was the padding behind the bed headboard.. too many nocturnal activities???

The towels although changed everyday were on the thin side.
Our bed duvet cover had a tear in it.. read above nocturnal activities

Strangely there is a kettle in the room but nothing else.

The pool suffers from the tile edging missing in places leaving sharp tile edges exposed...

Breakfast you either love it or louth it.
It is very basic with a mixture of local and western cusine. A bonus they serve from 6am to 11am.. they cook and display just enough but if something runs out, as example fried eggs they will cook and bring them to your table.

My review might sound negative but for me the bottom line is.. Would I stay here again?

Yes. The price, location and friendly helpful staff are to my liking.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Ok so this was my first visit to pattaya. Booked this hotel as it looked nice in the photo and seem to have good reviews.
First night arrived late and just wanted to get to the room. Checked in all ok.got to the room tried to go straight to sleep but the air con sounded like there was a digger in the room. Next day told reception about it and they got me moved to another room. Walked into the room and nearly threw up. It smelled so bad. I refused to go inside and they put me in room next floor down. Some staff here are really helpful other staff have no idea what your talking about be it in Thai or English. So third day room is ok nice and big the hotel is dated but I expected a bit more. I would give it one star but some staff were helpful. 4th day sat by the pool and a tile flew off the roof smashing to the floor. Kids were playing near by was lucky no one was hurt. 7 floors up and a tile hitting u would probably do some damage.
By the way in one of my pics is the sea view if u up grade made me laugh at least :)
Few pics added won't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is situated in Soi 5, half way between the beach and the Big C shopping center. So far Soi 5 has been one of the quieter ones, but during my stay a new beer bar has been built with an enormous amount of construction noise. Of course, directly opposite the hotel. My room was 406 on the fourth floor. There is everything you need, the room is cleaned daily and each room gets one litre of complimentary drinking water per day. The balcony overlooks the pool, the fridge and AC, as well as WiFi work well. For me the noise on floors and in neighboring rooms during the night was hard to stand. The hotel management was obviously not interested in getting in contact with a guest who stayed for more than 4 weeks. No manager ever tried to talk to me. But when I had to ask for a late check out, because the airline had changed the flight time, they charged me for it. So the reader will have to decide for himself what is more important for him. I honestly doubt that I will return to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Herbert B
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

The staff need to smile and be more polite.Large room nice pool small gym.Breakfast ok and room service good.For the price paid Pattaya Blue Sky is much better. Location very good 250 mtrs from beach bars and restaurants close by.
Overall not much better than a budget hotel

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryn G
Reviewed January 28, 2018

Nice reception area,my wife and I got a welcome drink on arrival,check in
quick and easy.Got lift to 5th floor we had booked a seaview room but you
get a partial seaview as there is a hotel in front but you can see the sea.
The room was large and dated but was cleaned every day and also got clean
towels and bedding.A large fridge with plenty of space for drinks etc.The
aircon worked well and was not noisy.Bathroom could do with some TLC but
was clean enough and shower worked well always plenty of hot water.Wall
mounted TV with quite a few english channels on. Kettle and no tea/coffee
provided.Big double bed with clean bedding and plenty of furniture to
store all your clothing etc and plenty of lights in room .Tiled floor.
The restaurant is spacious and plenty of fans running to keep you cool.
For breakfast there was Asian food and cereal,eggs,toast,cake,tea,coffee
etc something for most people.The food in this restaurant on a night is
well worth trying. The swimming pool is dated and not cleaned around the
sunbeds, cig butts etc left from the day before.Towels are provided at
the pool area.It as a good fitness room on same floor level as swimming
pool and toilets and showers in same area.This hotel is down a quite Sol
and handy for beach road at one end and second road at the other end.
Travel desk in reception area and a couple of taxi desks outside in Sol
nearby. Internet worked well within hotel.In all we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Seaview room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple