“Horrible service”

Ranked #78 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Muscat, Oman
“Horrible service”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have booked my hotel through online and I have taking deluxe room when I have checked in the reception staff told me that the room that you have booked is standard room but at the hotel voucher is mentioned deluxe room with breakfast , so after talking with the SR . staff they told me sorry sir you need to pay 1000 thi baht for the deluxe room extra and I have already paid around 2000 baht online , the rooms are horrible the staff are very horrible also , please don’t try to visit this hotel .

Regards
Hussain

2 Thank Hussain A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 4 February 2012

i just visited Pattya maybe 5th time in my life and have stayed at many resorts but this one is actully good with many facilities Like Wi fi and good and variety in B fast. i was with my 5 friends and we booked 3 rooms and the staff was very nice to us. neat and clean place to stay. with two swimming pools one on G Floor and one on top. we stayed in tower but one can also try the the other one. It was quiet cheap as compared to other resorts. Donot loose your room key they will charge feom you to issue new one. One thing more is that it is near the beach and market . Facing 7 11 store for your convienence. 2 min walk to beach...................................................................................................................................

Room Tip: top floor in the tower side.. or suite will be gud
1 Thank jaiveer
Subic, Philippines
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here many times over the last 10 years. Stayed in several types of rooms so i share my review based on this. They have recently built a new extension to the hotel, some of the rooms are still not completed, i.e. ceilings need painting. However, the new rooms are pretty much ok providing you don't get a room that is on a low floor facing directly onto Soi 8 as it can get very noisy. The standard rooms in the "old" part of the hotel are not very good at all. The best rooms are in the building to the left of the reception where you access them from a separate elevator past the toilets. I always get a high floor (9th floor upwards, ideally 11th floor) "deluxe room with Sea View" these rooms are spacious, good size balcony, great sea views and very comfortable to stay in. I can only recommend staying in this type of room. I have therefore based my scoring part of the review ONLY on this deluxe sea view room and not the rest of the hotel

Room Tip: DELUXE, Sea View on floor 9 or above ONLY
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank S35owl
Eilat, Israel
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stay in the new wing and it was very nice modern room , Hotel is within walking distance from the center beach , shopping center , nightbar and 10 minute from walking street pattaya (texi 3-4 minute) Take room only the brakefast not so good

Room Tip: Take the new tower
3 Thank dov48
Cha-am, Thailand
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I originally was planning on staying 5 days in Pattaya. My plan was to stay 3 days at the Sunshine Hotel and then check into a new place for the remaining 2 days. When I arrived, I decided that I would just stay the full 5 days there as I liked the central location. So I told the front desk I would like to extend my stay to 5 days. I was told the extra 2 days would be 2000 Baht each night, as opposed to the 1680 Baht per night I booked. So I told them I would look around. I decided the easiest thing to do would be to just pay the 2000 per night. They then told me they were fully booked and I would have to check out after my third night. So I walked out from, used my iPhone and booked 2 more nights at my original 1680 per night. I waited for my confirmation email and walked back in and told them I just booked for the 2 additional nights.
So that whole thing was a mess. The room and bed were comfortable and I enjoyed them. However, the ceiling must have been going through some sort of renovation as it was just plain unpainted cement. Do not book here if you want peace and quite. I was on the 5th floor and it was plenty loud from the surrounding bars...but that should be expected if you book any where on Soi's 6,7 or 8.
Also not a very friendly staff overall. They were fairly busy most of the time, but it was nearly impossible to get a smile from anyone except the cleaning staff.

2 Thank terrymor66
melbourne
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This hotel has 2 sections and older one and a newly built/refurbished section. I stayed in 2 rooms in the older section and both were disappointing. The larger room on the first night has badly stained carpets which had not not been cleaned as there was some litter on the floor. The room was full of mosquitoes and I had to buy some insect spray to rid them them from the room.
In the second room I was put in the bathroom was not good with mold or mildew in the shower.
There was also no internet available in either room. No rooms in the older section have internet which is quite poor for 2012.
I could see some of the new rooms from my window and these looked fine, much better than what i was given.
If you are considering booking this hotel , the get a guarantee that your room is in the new section. If they cannot do this then look elsewhere as the rooms are not good enough compared to other similar priced hotels nearby.

1 Thank rielly62
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 27 January 2012

What can I say more about Sunshine ??? I told earlier that, I'm falling in love with Sunshine. I just came back on last 21st Jan. I feel it's my home and staffs knows me well. Staffs are always ready on their toe to serve you better. Well, Sunshine just started their new wing business which has most modern fittings and amenities inside of the room. Every room has it's own balcony as well like residence wing have but for sea view room you've to stay at residence wing. There is one new roof top swimming pool located in new wing. Right now Sunshine have 3 swimming pools - wow !!! Chair and towel is available. Nevertheless, Beach towel is plenty to take away. Breakfast is as usual a very good one with everything fresh. Sunshine located in the buzzling area of sleepless road Soi # 08, Beach Road --- love this place and nightlife is simply unforgettable. Hey guys ! it's a complete guest friendly hotel and no joiner fee is there.....Thanks Sunshine for careness to make you remember while in Pattaya !!! Best wishes, for all the staffs of Sunshine; Cheers !!!

Room Tip: For Sea View Room - Residence Wing For Modern room amenities and look - New Wing Must do book via...
1 Thank Shohagepyllion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pattaya
Sunbeam Hotel Pattaya
0.9 km away
Nova Gold Hotel
Nova Gold Hotel
#63 of 447 in Pattaya

Been to Sunshine Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!