New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #173 of 428 Hotels in Pattaya
eastatl
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

We are a young couple who was a little worried about not being in the center of happening but we must admit we couldnt have chosen better. We definetely loved the hotel and our room had breath-taking view of the ocean.
I myself work in a hotel and compare every hotel I ever stay at. I might even say I see details others dont lol. Anyway, the rooms were very spacious but the bathrooms need a major update. Housekeeping was a bit annoying as they tried to clean our room by 11am and on one occasion when we were sleeping after a long night, we put the do not disturb sign on our door. I was really upset when the housekeeping actually knocked on our door around 11am. Then at 12pm I received a phone call asking if we wish to have our room cleaned. I asked if it would be ok an hour later and was told that it is too late and that our room will be cleaned the next day. I honestly believe that housekeeping in such a big hotel should be on side until at least 6pm.
Other than that the rooms were pretty clean, however, there was a lot of dust under the night tables.
The prices of minibar were pretty much affordable and we definetely enjoyed the complimentary bottles of water on every day basis.
Breakfasts were just amazing. The only disappointing thing was that the milk was dilluted with water.
The location is perfect as everything is so close. Staff was very friendly.
We are definetely planning on coming back

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank KatrinaWalton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2009

I was staying at Welcome Jomtien Beach hotel for 21 days last June-July ( 2008 ). Its bit far frome everything but taxis run all the time just short walk from hotel. Its pretty cheap hotel but it works if You are not looking for luxyry accomodation. I expected less. Breakfast is very much same every morning but gives all You need to start the day. Near hotel you find restaurants, internet shops, laundries and TMB ( Bank ). Also hotel has got laundry system which I did not use. Reception worked very well. It takes about 20 minutes by taxi ( pick up one ) to get to city of Pattaya. Our room had minibar, big enough for some of my own items too.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank nadlap
Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2009

I have stayed at the hotel four times from 2002-2006. The staff is nice, polite and overall helpful, but - in the usual thaistyle - they don't rush into things, so be patient if you have a problem.

One problem is the lack of English-speaking staff. There will most often be at least one person at the front desk who speakes English fairly well, but you'll have to attend that specific person to get your room key, unless you speak thai - or until the staff remembers your room number. Otherwise you can write a note with your room number.

At one stay I was given a room facing the back side of the hotel with a non inspiring view at old US Army baracks. I asked for a change of room and got a room with a sea view without any problem at all.

The hotel is in a fairly good condition. It's clean and has a nice lobby. The rooms are spacious, have a balcony, mini bar, air con, cable tv, phone and a nice but small bathroom with a bath. The hotel is, however, in some need of refurbishing. A bit of paint here and there could make wonders. Nothing grave though. There is no in room safe.

The breakfast is (contrary to other reviews) in my opinion quite good. There are some thai dishes combined with a mixture of American and Continental breakfast consisting of sliced bread/toast with butter/jam/jelly, cheese, fried and boiled eggs, sausages, ham, cereal, fresh fruit, fruit juice, coffee, tea and milk. There is no bacon though.

The pool is nice and clean, but only at my first visit to the hotel, I saw the pool area bar opened. The bar inside the pool is never open.

At one stay I had a decent amount of money stolen from my wallet inside my suitcase. Besides me only the staff had access to my room. The hotel manager took the matter rather seriously, and questioned the maids, but to no avail. He suggested I call the tourist police to have a formal investigation, but I let it go. Until then I had had smaller amounts of Baht, sunglasses, camera etc. lying around the room without a problem.

The hotel is situated in Jomtien which is nice if you are a family looking for a reasonably quiet vacation close to the best beach (compared to Pattaya), and who don't want the hassle of Pattaya nightlife. However, the 300 yard long street leading from the hotel to the beach has changed dramatically in the four year span from my first to my last visit. In 2002 there were a few shops, a couple of tailors, some Thai massage shops, a few small hotels, a restaurant or two and a couple of simple bars. They are more of less still there, but since then more small hotels, some nice restaurants and a dozen of Pattaya-like beerbars have opened. So the soi Welcome is not the quiet street it used to be. It still is a very nice walk to the beach though, and there is a great atmosphere. And most important: there is no real hassle from the restaurant staff or the beer bar girls. Only the standard "Welcome"-greeting when you pass by. If you want to visit a bar though, go visit Khun John at the Popeye Bar. He is an elderly, humourous Liverpudlian gent who always has the time for a nice chat and a beer. And he shows Premier League matches on a big screen TV.

All in all a nice hotel in a nice area, and if you want to go to Pattaya, it's a 10 minute 20Baht ride in a songthaew taxi.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nottingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2007

We stayed at this hotel only for one night before being transfered to a villa we had rented. We had booked a suite and we re pleasently surprised at the size of the rooms. We had a kingsize bedroom and a double with a big lounge/ dinning /kitchen area.
The suite was very clean and beds were comfortable. Bathrooms was a little old and tatty but not too bad. Bathroom had lots of clean towels and shampoo soap etc.. fridge was well stocked and drinks were not to highly priced. Had a meal delivered by room service at about 1am. Food was quick to arrive and still hot but a little lacking in flavor. Breakfast was ok but not very warm but fruit was yummy. The dinning room was very busy but the girls were quick to clean up and we had a nice hour sat people watching and drinking coffee. Only thing that gave us any stress was the fact we had our 2 year old very inquisitive daughter with us and as we were on the 8th floor we were scared as she could open the windows if stood on a chair so be careful if with little ones. All in all for the price which is very cheap had a nice stay with no problems.. Staff were ok too and smiled a lot.. We would stay again.. Oh and location was not a problem as its quiet close to everything but about 10 mins on a bhat bus to Pattaya

• Liked — Price, space, clean.
  • Disliked — being on the 8th floor with a baby, Cold breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank NickyfromNotts
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2006

Hotel itself very nice. Rooms spacious with nice balcony views.

Gym is very poor resembling a scrap dealers with equipment, broken, aged, rusty, and thererfore dangerous, there is no air conditioning or fans, making this facility totaly unusable.

The advertised, 'Disco Boat' exists in name only, it has sunk!

There is no hotel bar other than the coffee shop.

Room service extreemly poor, twice our room door was left open, when reporting to reception it was viewed with amusement, the room maid told us she did close the door but it opened by itself. Next day it was left open again.
The balcony sliding door was left open almost every day letting mosquitos and flies in.
Carpet never cleaned, surfaces not dusted, glasses never cleaned or changed, linen was left for one week.
Every day there was something missing, either towels, soap, shampoo, toilet tissue ect. Again when we approached the maid her reason was that she was on her own and the managers room had to be cleaned by her as well and he complained at her if it wasnt done right!

Buffet breakfast well stocked but all the food was allways cold with no heating under the chaffing dishes, cold under cooked fried eggs not nice. If wanting to experience Thai stlye breakfast this also was cold which does not suit the western taste or most Thai taste when paying for this service.

Swimming pool very nice and pool deck clean in quite a nice setting, but pool service non existent.

Staff generally surly, due mainly to there being to many trainees or students without much training. The land of smiles this hotel is not.

Most bell boys prefer sitting staring at young female guests rather than tending guests baggage, be prepaired to carry your own bags.

Whilst some staff are nice the majority overshadow them.

This has the potential to be an excellent hotel if only the staff were better managed to the hospitality trade, a smile is cheap,

The Hotel is geared up for the short stay block booking tour companies, one to three day stay travellers who are not around long enough to see most problems, therefore it seems not to bother the staff to service the longer stay guest, the hotel income is assured whether the guest is happy or not.

• Liked — spacious room - nice pool & pool enviroment - location
  • Disliked — staff - housekeeping - breakfast - gym - no bar facility (lounge)
  • Tips/Secrets — ok for the younger traveller not bothered about detail,
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank travellinrock

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2006

Nice hotel. My husband and I spent there 2 weeks. Our room was spacious and light. Very beautiful lobby. Breakfast and dinner were above average. If you stay in Pattaya a hotel doesn't metter, it is only for overnight! Our vacation was simply great!

• Stayed November 2004