“Nice hotel nice tailor near hotel inside areca lodge”
Review of LK Residence

LK Residence
Ranked #126 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Mexico City, Mexico
“Nice hotel nice tailor near hotel inside areca lodge”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Very pleased with the cleanliness of the LK . nice staff good people.
every one good and good tailor new look collection inside areca lodge. recommended

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Harry150800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Positives --
Studio Room is excellent, nice interior, very spacious, relaxing and well equipped with all amenities. Bathtub was nice, and had jaccuzzi as well.
Breakfast is also good.

Negatives --
Location is bit rowdy.
Need to book your trip in advance with travel agents to plan it well.
Easy access for coral island trip.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bubul_Moni
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I had booked another hotel and walked over the the LK Renn and inquired as to price and availability. They offered me a deluxe room at a discounted rate. I was able to preview the room. Booked it immediately. Comfortable king size bed, great shower with rain shower head, jacuzzi tub. Fantastic!!
Breakfast was ok, but since complimentary a good deal, although hours weren't condusive to my sleeping schedule. I ended up extending my stay an extra day, no problem at all. Manager arranged my taxi and flight to Phuket at the end of my stay for a great price. Only negative is the pool, not enough sunlight and a bit cold.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi tub rooms fantastic
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank NinthIsland
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 May 2011

LK Rennaisance overdoes it in a sense but I guess its not such a bad thing.
I was indeed pleasantly surprised as we walked in the rooms. For the price paid, I would say it is excellent value.
Unlike one of the recent comments, instead of getting a downgrade. I actually got an upgrade. That was a good already upon arrival. The rooms as clean roomy and just plain comfortable. The beds are mighty soft. I could have slept there another couple of days If time allowed it.
The pool is awkwardly located but that only if your room is right in front of it. The massage/spa in the hotel was used by my G/F and she said it was great with excellent value.

Breakfast was interesting. Lets just say it was my only grip. First the lady wasn't there to welcome us. We had to wait 10 min before putting an order in. She was unfriendly, NOT hospitable, NO smile, I mean I wouldn't let her work at my worst enemy's funeral. she does not belong to the hospitality industry. Nor the Land of Smiles for that matter....

Besides the unpleasant service during the 1st breakfast. I enjoyed breakfast and was just what I needed after a long night. BTW i skipped breakfast the next day.

Check out was smoove, the stay was smoove. the Bell and night staff were ok.

Just a side note. Its a good looking hotel but you can tell it was built in haste. Some of the finishing is lackluster work. Lots of many little defects that would otherwise make this place Excellent.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Redux7
sydney
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I made a booking online via booking.com. I was issued a confirmation voucher clearly stating that my booking for a 1 bedroom suite was CONFIRMED.

I arrive at the hotel with my voucher and after a few minutes was told that they did not have the 1 bedroom suite available...however they said they can downgrade me to a deluxe room (at the corresponding deluxe room rate). They went on about having to change rooms the next day...and to which I responded with "no way". In the end I just could not be bothered arguing so I just accepted the deluxe room.

The photos of the rooms on their website look good but through the naked eye they are actually quite older and beginning to show in need of maintenance.

The shower head seal was busted and leaked water everywhere. TOld them about it but was told that "engineering" had gone home for the day and that they would attend to it tomorrow. They finally fixed it in the morning after I chased it up.

The toilet seat was one of those awkward ones with the built in hose/cleansing system which took up most of the toilet seat. Very awkward in all respects.

Shower hot water was out one night. It was 3am in the morning and I'd just gotten back from a night out. Didn't bother contacting reception - Just had a cold shower.

When I came to check out I asked if they could take care of my luggage while I went to get money to fix up the account from an ATM. THey didn't agree to that (because they said it was approaching checkout time of 1pm) so I just paid by Credit Card. After paying I had some time to kill before my flight so I said I'd be back in an hour to collect my luggage. The girl at the front desk then goes on and flippantly says "leave bag here, I looking". I was about to blast her by that stage but I just politely asked if she could move them into a storage area away from prying eyes."yes yes" she said....but nothing happened. So i went up and asked her again and finally she went and got the bellboy to stash them in storage area.

What were the good bits ?
The location was good.
Being able to use the LK Metropole fitness centre
Wireless internet in the rooms was fairly stable and fast

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank tonez01
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed at the LK Renaissance for a week in early April 2011.

The hotel is immediately impressive upon arrival as there is a grand entrance and staff there to take bags and check in immediately.

I booked one of the deluxe rooms so that I could have a proper shower, and that was a good decision. The room was quite nice and spacious as well.

It was quiet enough and I was able to sleep at night, though if you're a very light sleeper you may be kept up by the music from the bars, depending on where your room is situated in the hotel.

So there was lots of good, and a few not so good points. My room was too warm, and the AC really wouldn't cool it sufficiently. Not a deal breaker, but a few degrees cooler would have been nice. As well, the faucet/tap hardware in the bathroom sink was very loose and sloppy and should have been fixed long ago it seems. Finally, the in room WIFI was very weak, which was a pain as I was on my iPad a lot. Fortunately it was free, and in a pinch if I needed a quicker connection I could go down to the lobby and sit in one of the comfy chairs there where the signal was strong.

The included breakfast at the attached restaurant was also very good. One has the option of ordering one selection from the set menu in addition to making full use of the buffet, so this is a really good value and great way to start the day.

Overall a good experience and I'd certainly consider staying there again if I return to Pattaya.

Room Tip: The Panaan spa attached to the hotel is excellent
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank CaptCanuck
SoCal
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The rooms are large and nicely appointed, quiet, VERY helpful and attentive staff in a good location close to shopping and entertainment. The adjacent restaurant had a pretty good breakfast which was included in my room rate. WiFi was pretty good, and also included in my room rate. I have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo