All reviews holiday inn small water park the ground floor upper pool kids pool beach road ocean view suite accor member marina mall sliders teddy bear museum coffee machine family with kids small balcony mercure pattaya rooms are modern upon check
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Many Asian guests. The house is only a few years old and everything is well maintained. The prices are already settled in the upper area for a 4 star hotel in Thailand. But at a sale you can get the suite for Euro 120 .-- including breakfast. That fits.

Location:
Slightly to the rear on the 2nd street. About 3-5 minutes walk to the beach. Shopping mall and restaurants / bars in 2-3 minutes distance. Next to the hotel there is also a large construction site, so you have to wait and see what the noise pollution looks like.

Room:
We had a suite on the top floor. Nice and spacious room with a small balcony. the bedroom offered a direct view of the beach. Very nice bathroom. There were 2x 40 inch TV, 2x air conditioning, minibar (free, only non-alcoholic), coffee machines (capsule) and kettle with coffee and tea. Separate room with sofa and table. The room was absolutely quiet.

Service:
Absolutely professionally run house with super friendly and helpful staff. Separate contact for Le Club Accor status guests. Check-in and check-out done in 2 minutes.

Breakfast:
The only weakness in the hotel is the breakfast. There are not enough tables and seats, so you can even wait for vacant seats in the low season. Also, the seating should be renewed, because the upholstery is not clean. The quality of the breakfast was impeccable.

Stayed: October 2017
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Dear FaxeK

I cannot thank you enough for writing such a wonderful detailed review about the property.

It is great pleasure to learn that you have used most of our facilities and services. I am pleased to read this review as you have very well described your stay experience at the hotel such as location, value, accommodation, service and facilities.
Nevertheless I have noted your feedback about restaurant furniture cleanliness and please rest assured concerned manager has been addressed to take corrective action to inspect and schedule the thorough cleaning. On another note I am glad to know that you liked the quality of our breakfast buffet.

I will definitely share your candid comment with team and I am sure this will bring more smile on their face. Thank you once again for your kind endorsement and it will be my pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip to the city.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

on check in it was very clean and nice design, did not inform us of any facilities or offers and we found out by reading screens in the lift, lots of building work going on so very noisy when at pool, they show a pool bar but it never opened, breakfast really poor unless you like Chinese food for breakfast so I lived on toast, nobody seats you and no table service so its a free for all which is very chaotic. Overall I would not stay there again but it is clean and the suite I had was nice, I felt it was very under staffed and the services let it down.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank mikieemgs
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear mikieemgs

Thank you for taking out time from busy schedule and sharing your valuable feedback about recent stay at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort.
It is regret to learn that we couldn't meet with your expectations on many occasions and I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies and allow me to explain you that construction is happening on another property premises and it gets noisy sometimes on poolside since its an open space however our rooms are very much noise insulated. The breakfast buffet spread includes international and local cuisines such as fresh salad bar and bakery station, cereals, juices, mixed sausages, ham and bacon, western and local hot dishes, soup, cheeses, dairy products, fruits, live egg station, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and so on. However I disregards your comment that we serve mostly chinese food items.
Furthermore I noticed the issue that you encountered during check-in and breakfast service therefore I have addressed the concerns managers to take appropriate measure to improve the services.
Nevertheless I am deeply moved by your kind words that you have appreciated the cleanliness of the property and liked your accommodation.
Your review is very important for us and I can ensure you that we will continue to implement our service as we are committed to provide excellent service experience to all our guests.
Thank your once again and I hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase you a warm hospitality experience on next visit.

Operations Manager

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Room is small included balcony with sea view. bit disappointed. location is ok, need tuk tuk everyday to head to central. breakfast is the best thing we had every morning, egg section always has long queue so better jump in when you get there. swimming pool with slide is even fun play with adult, but mostly kids and parents around. front desk service is friendly and fluent english. also thanks for the surprise birthday cake :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear littledifficult

Thank you for taking out time for sharing your review on Tripadvisor and have chosen Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort as your choice of hotel.
I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable one in many aspects from getting pleasant and warm service by our professional and friendly team to the surprised birthday cake. I am glad that you have liked the breakfast service and had tastiest food every morning.
Furthermore please allow me to explain you that our rooms are compact with facilities and designed as per the international midscale brand standards therefore we receive many positive comments on social media as well as directly by the majority of our guests. I am sorry to hear as you felt that way. The water park is the place where everybody likes to go especially family with kids so that's why we have additional swimming pool on 5th floor for adults to have a relaxing time.
Thank you once again and I hope you will plan your another stay with us on next trip to the city.

Operations

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Good location, clean rooms, ocean view from the balcony, near to beach by 3 min walk. Breakfast is okay, helpful staff, express check in n check-out... easy to explore pattaya, thank you for your hospitality

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Nikolay S, General Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Dear Ali B,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort. It was with pleasure to read that you found our location suitable for your needs and in overall enjoyed your vacation with us. I will share your compliments with our team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nikolay Stoyanov
Area General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2018

This is an awesome hotel with great staff.

Check in was quite busy with Chinese tours trying to check in in large numbers.. But Puymoon on the check in counter greeted us with a friendly smile and did a great job. Room wasn't ready but that was ok. We went to the outside bar and had a great late lunch with a few drinks. I never had a bad meal our whole stay. Nice menu with a lot of western food to choose from alongside the Thai cuisine.

The room was excellent. minibar was free but it only contained water , juice, coke and lemonade. No beer. The room was reasonably clean with a few ladies long black hairs on the floor.

Down in the lobby the lady who organises tours was very helpful in planning our trip to Elephant Jungle sanctuary. I forget her name but very easy to deal with.

When needing taxi's and directions Phot went above and beyond in helping us and making sure we were having a good time and didn't need anything.

Puymoon checked us out quickly, again with a friendly smile, and we were on our way

Room Tip: The ocean view is only small but still ok. Small balcony
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank hock76
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Dear hock76

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your lovely endorsement and review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort.
It is indeed pleasure to know that you were overall satisfied with our hospitality, nice compact room with complimentary mini bar and and enjoyed your stay also staff provided you prompt service with pleasant smile particularly from K.Puymoon.
Nevertheless I am pleased to read that you were delighted with food and beverage offerings and had a quality time throughout the period.
on second side I have addressed the cleanliness issue with concerned manager to take necessary measures for future prevention.

We are highly motivated by your kind words and thank you for rewarding us top scores.

I will have pleasure to serve you again on your next trip to the city.

Operations Manager