All reviews mini water park holiday inn rock climbing the ground floor upper pool kids pool beach road great hotel for family coffee machine family with kids sliders mercure pattaya small balcony nice hotel upon check sea view noodles
Reviewed April 16, 2018

We had an ocean view room with some stunning views of the sun setting over the water. Room had efficient air conditioning and a sitting area. The room was very quiet despite the nearby construction sites. The pool areas are great for cooling off and we enjoyed the rock climbing wall. The restaurant serves buffet breakfast offering lots of choice and there is 'a la carte' offering good value meals for dinner. Room and pool meal service is also available. Easy to access Pattaya activities, local transport and eateries. The Marina Central shopping Centre is a five minute walk to the east of the hotel and provides lots of shopping opportunities.

Room tip: We had a top floor corner room. Plenty of space. Being close to the lift wasn't a problem.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Valued Guest

I really appreciate your candid comments regarding recent stay at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort and thank you for rewarding up top score on Tripadvisor review.

I am glad to know that you have used most of our facilities and tasted variety of food from breakfast to a la carte menu. Your overall experience exceeded your expectations and feature like water park and rock climbing made your stay even more excited.

Your positive feedback is great inspiration for us and we will continue to deliver same experience to all our guests.

Thank you once again and I am sure your next visit will be as delightful as this one.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 4days with my son and mom. The hotel was wonderful because of vey kind and helpful staffs and good location.
We could go anywhere on foot.
Mr.Phot was very kind and friendly. I will visit the hotel again because of him.

Thank you, Mr.Phot
From Ben's mom.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank FellowTraveler765133
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear Valued Guest

I appreciate your candid review regarding recent stay experience with Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort.
It is pleasure to learn that we delivered excellent hospitality experience in all aspects of hotel facilities and you have really enjoyed the quality time with your family.
I am pleased to know that our staff Khun Phot have offered to pleasant service and this is great feeling to see such a positive comments about him. He will be recognized for this extraordinary work.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we will be looking forward to delight you with same experience again on your next visit to the property.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

With a special deal through Agoda, this is a very good hotel for the money.

Check in was quick, efficient and everything explains to us. Stayed for only 2 nights, breakfast was included. Wife preferred the Thai options but said it could have been better. Me and daughter had western and whilst the selection was a little limited there was plenty of food and tasted nice.

Rooms are ideal for short breaks, not sure I would want to stay 2 weeks in the room we had. Service and cleanliness was as per expected.

In room dining was also reasonable with enough of a selection. The big bonus is the water park on the ground floor. Great bar service if a little slow sometimes when very busy. There are 2 pools. The water park is on the ground and ideal for children and adults that act like children with water slide, rocks to jump off etc. second pool is on level 5 and ideal for chilling out away from all the noise.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear LukChang

Thank you for taking out time for writing such a nice review regarding your recent visit at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort.

It was a great pleasure to serve you and I am pleased to learn that you and your family have spent a quality time as well as used the most of our services during your stay.
I am glad to know that you were satisfied in all aspects of your stay and it was value for money.I will share your feedback with team and I am sure this will be a great encouragement for them.

Thank you and I will look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to the property.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Many Asian guests. The house is only a few years old and everything is well maintained. The prices are already settled in the upper area for a 4 star hotel in Thailand. But at a sale you can get the suite for Euro 120 .-- including breakfast. That fits.

Location:
Slightly to the rear on the 2nd street. About 3-5 minutes walk to the beach. Shopping mall and restaurants / bars in 2-3 minutes distance. Next to the hotel there is also a large construction site, so you have to wait and see what the noise pollution looks like.

Room:
We had a suite on the top floor. Nice and spacious room with a small balcony. the bedroom offered a direct view of the beach. Very nice bathroom. There were 2x 40 inch TV, 2x air conditioning, minibar (free, only non-alcoholic), coffee machines (capsule) and kettle with coffee and tea. Separate room with sofa and table. The room was absolutely quiet.

Service:
Absolutely professionally run house with super friendly and helpful staff. Separate contact for Le Club Accor status guests. Check-in and check-out done in 2 minutes.

Breakfast:
The only weakness in the hotel is the breakfast. There are not enough tables and seats, so you can even wait for vacant seats in the low season. Also, the seating should be renewed, because the upholstery is not clean. The quality of the breakfast was impeccable.

Date of stay: October 2017
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Dear FaxeK

I cannot thank you enough for writing such a wonderful detailed review about the property.

It is great pleasure to learn that you have used most of our facilities and services. I am pleased to read this review as you have very well described your stay experience at the hotel such as location, value, accommodation, service and facilities.
Nevertheless I have noted your feedback about restaurant furniture cleanliness and please rest assured concerned manager has been addressed to take corrective action to inspect and schedule the thorough cleaning. On another note I am glad to know that you liked the quality of our breakfast buffet.

I will definitely share your candid comment with team and I am sure this will bring more smile on their face. Thank you once again for your kind endorsement and it will be my pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip to the city.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

on check in it was very clean and nice design, did not inform us of any facilities or offers and we found out by reading screens in the lift, lots of building work going on so very noisy when at pool, they show a pool bar but it never opened, breakfast really poor unless you like Chinese food for breakfast so I lived on toast, nobody seats you and no table service so its a free for all which is very chaotic. Overall I would not stay there again but it is clean and the suite I had was nice, I felt it was very under staffed and the services let it down.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank mikieemgs
Vikrant C, Manager at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear mikieemgs

Thank you for taking out time from busy schedule and sharing your valuable feedback about recent stay at Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort.
It is regret to learn that we couldn't meet with your expectations on many occasions and I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies and allow me to explain you that construction is happening on another property premises and it gets noisy sometimes on poolside since its an open space however our rooms are very much noise insulated. The breakfast buffet spread includes international and local cuisines such as fresh salad bar and bakery station, cereals, juices, mixed sausages, ham and bacon, western and local hot dishes, soup, cheeses, dairy products, fruits, live egg station, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and so on. However I disregards your comment that we serve mostly chinese food items.
Furthermore I noticed the issue that you encountered during check-in and breakfast service therefore I have addressed the concerns managers to take appropriate measure to improve the services.
Nevertheless I am deeply moved by your kind words that you have appreciated the cleanliness of the property and liked your accommodation.
Your review is very important for us and I can ensure you that we will continue to implement our service as we are committed to provide excellent service experience to all our guests.
Thank your once again and I hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase you a warm hospitality experience on next visit.