I really wanted to rate this villa higher in score but unfortunately there are few things which let it down. That's not to say this is a bad villa, there are just some signs of neglect which are now starting to show.
- At first glance the villa does look impressive and does have a Wow factor.
- Really big villa, bedrooms are very big and space is not an issue
- Great location. The beach, bars, cafes/restaurants, 7 Eleven, money exchange and taxi rank are all walking distance away
- Great gym equipment
- Really big kitchen
- Beach road is 10 minutes away by taxi and if you really want you can even walk there.
- The cleaners do a fantastic job of cleaning the property
- Friendly helpful staff who can be contacted any time of the day
- Very generous electricity amount. 100 units a day!
- There are a number of fixtures which are loose, bent or broken, such as light switches, plugs door hinges, some lights continually flash on and off
-Some of the doors do not close properly including the main door into the villa
- Some of the shower fixtures and toilets are not properly fixed in place and leak
- Some of the blinds do not close fully and have shades missing from it
- One of the downstairs bedroom needs the mattress replaced as it is broken and caved in. This wasn't a big issue for us as there were only 3 of us staying in the villa but if someone was in that room it would have been very unpleasant.
- Cleaners only come once a week and the villa had not cleaning liquids or cleaning cloths. This meant we had to go and buy a lot of cleaning products ourself.
- During our stay the water completely turned off 3 times. We could not have a shower, use the toilets or sinks. We had to keep calling the rental company to get this resolved. We were told that the government had switched the water off but none of us believed this as it would only happen when the swimming pool cleaner would come and fill the swimming pool with water. We suspect because of this the water tank would become empty and we run out of water.
- The last week of our stay the swimming pool cleaner did not come (we're guessing because of the above point), this resulted in the swimming pool becoming very dirty with leaves and dead insects floating everywhere. None of us then went into the pool because it was just too dirty
- The pool table had a lot of stains on it and most of the cues were broken.
- We did often get lizards and spiders in the villa. We have no idea where they were coming from as we always kept the doors closed.
I am no doubt sure that if these points get resolved then this would be an amazing place to stay. Our trip to Thailand was great but these little things did spoil it a tad bit.