All reviews chalong pier diving trip boutique style nice boutique hotel dive boats leave tropical oasis aroma oil bars and restaurants thai massage foot massage large bed decent size stayed for nights hot water night stay pool towels quiet area
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Stayed for 2 nights at the Pier 42....
The hotel is very Boutique style and cosy furnished. It reminded me of my grandmas house!
Had to change the room after first night, the rooster next door was having a concert all night long!
The pool is big enough for a cool down after shopping at Central or coming back from a Dive trip. But be aware of the mass invasion of Mosquitoes around the pool in the early evening.
Breakfast was good and enough. The Egg Benedictine was great and they serve filter coffee. Which i really liked!
The staff at reception are very friendly and knowledgeable.

The only negative thing are the mattress in the room, its like sleeping on a stone. But that is a normal thing in Thailand.

I will stay again next time i am around Chalong Pier.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Recently I was in Phuket for work and ended up staying at pier 42 for a week. The system of paying before stay is a bit troublesome as we had to keep paying as we keep on extending the stay but the staff was very nice though. The room while spacious but the wall is very thin and you could hear everything your neighbor in the next room was doing especially when someone is being very loud. Bathroom could be really improve, the shower is not comfortable, water pressure was weak and rarely I got hot water. For the price paid that could use some improvement.

Part of the reason we chose the place because of the restaurant attached. Breakfast was good, I had lunch there several time, one time I found hair in my food, but they didn’t charge me for that so kudos to them. I thought they would open for dinner as well but I found out soon enough that restaurant close very early so we had to look for food elsewhere.

The best part of the hotel was massage and spa. I was in heaven!

Overall I had a good stay. Will recommend people if they are looking for just an overnight stay near chalong pier.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2018

Great Hotel and service.
Room was large and shower great.
Pool was really nice.
Location was ideal.
The lady on the front desk was so helpful.
1. I have an allergy to air conditioning, she provided a fan.
2. I had an issue with my card at the cash machine at the 7eleven opposite. I explained my situation to ask for advice. She immediately arranged a friend to pick me up on a scooter and take me to the nearest bank.
Could not have asked for better service - highly appreciated.
Overall, the value for money is great and would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pier42, Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed February 16, 2018

We stayed here for 9 nights 1-9 Feb 2018. We'd been travelling extensively throughout Vietnam & Thailand before we arrived. And frankly, we felt somewhat disappointed when we got to Phuket. Compared to other places we'd visited, Phuket is loud, brash and very commercial. So not particularly to our taste. But when we found this hotel, it was like a breath of fresh air. Our room was large, charmingly decorated and smelt of perfume oils. The staff were friendly and helpful. And the pool area is an absolute tropical oasis. We loved Pier 42 and would gladly recommend it to anyone looking for a peaceful hideaway from the brashness of Southern Phuket.

Just 2 small suggestions to the hotel management. The internet was often slow, and at times non-existent. But I'm sure it's nothing an occasional reboot wouldn't solve. And the information booklet in the room was very useful! Plenty of local info, tips and advice. But you might want to have the reception staff hand it to guests as they check-in. It was only bought to our attention 5 days into our stay, when making purchases in your diving shop.

Pier 42 was a very pleasant way to finish our travels. We left feeling well rested. Thank you all at Pier 42.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pier42, General Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Hi Tiago
Many thanks for your positive words about our resort.

late last year we put in a new Wi fi System and extra boosters for the signal around the resort to improve the wifi, Thanks for the comments on this, we have already arranged the technician to visit and check out the system after reading your review and we have added more booster's to the resort to ensure the signal reaches all areas.

Hope we see you again soon
management Team

Reviewed February 12, 2018

Been to Thailand many times, for diving, but never actually stayed in Chalong, which is where the dive boats leave in the morning.

This time, the main reason was diving and not a family holiday, so booked Pier 42 for this reason.

Arrived early, but no problem with checking in as the room was cleaned and ready.
Nice attentive reception staff (throughout our whole stay) and quick procedure to get checked in and get the key for the room. (No card, proper old-school key here.)

Rooms are nice, pretty spacious, with a somewhat large bed that is as hard as can be expected in Thailand. The room also had a sofa bed, a decent size cupboard/shelf for clothes etc.

Bathroom is OK, with wooden bath tub combined with shower.
Never ran out of water, so all good.
The shower had no curtain, so the floor got soaked every time we showered and the tiles were super slippery when they got wet.
The bathroom lighting is VERY dim!

Breakfast is nice, with the usual stuff (Toast, juice, coffee, tea etc.) and you can order a number of cooked breakfast items from the kitchen.
If you pay a little extra, you can also get espresso, cappuccino or a smoothie for your breakfast. The smoothies were delicious!

Small but nice pool, with a jacuzzi section, in the middle of the courtyard.
Pool towels in reception.
Limited time that the sun reaches down to the sides of the pool, where the sun beds are, so be aware.
The restaurant has "pool service" as well.

Small lounge, by the pool, with complimentary coffee, tea etc. It also has a small business center with computer, printer etc.

Hotel also has a small spa, with a number of treatments, all very affordably priced.
We did try a couple of Thai massage sessions and they were great! Can't recommend it enough!

It's a really nice and comfy little hotel, that is super convenient when you come here for diving. It's also between Kata and Phuket town, so good for excursions that side of the island. Tucked away almost down by the pier (you literally have 2 minutes to the dive boat meeting point) and a lot of small bars and restaurants in the area. (See my other reviews.) Just keep in mind that the street where the hotel is located is VERY busy, with loads of cars, vans and tourist buses. Not that you can hear once you're past reception at the hotel, but something to think about if it annoys you...

If you are in a bottom floor room, your room will shake if you have neighbours upstairs that walk "thumpy". This happened to us a couple of times.
I did say "quiet" in my review, and it is! No traffic noise and we couldn't really hear the bars on the next streets over. If you have neighbours that don't care when they let their kids start using the pool etc, it will be loud, but that would have been the case with any hotel! Also, we did see the hotel staff giving loud guests a warning, so it is not neglected from the hotel.

As I mentioned, you are two minutes from the diver meeting point, there are several corner shops on the street as well as a pharmacy and a number of dive shops.

Hotel restaurant is nice (we only had breakfast and lunch there) but closes relatively early.
It also opens late (7.30) which is barely enough time to have breakfast if you need to meet your dive guide at 7:50, even if it is a short walk. We found this strange, as the hotel caters to divers more than anything else.

Hotel staff super nice and attentive!

Will definitely come back!

Date of stay: February 2018

Hi
Many Thanks for the good review, i'll be passing on your comments to the staff
Hope to see you again soon