“nice hotel +friendly people”

Prince 1 Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #362 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 12 February 2012

we styed for 6 nights here, very central and a clean hotel. the staff were friendly and helpful. breakfast was inc and free tea +coffee +internet when you want.
the only thing id say is bring ear plugs as the walls are thin and you can hear people coming up the stairs etc, so we were woken up every day by other rude guests. otherwise hotel was fine

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2012

This hotel is in a very popular location, therefore as with any well trodden tourist areas, there are plenty of alternatives, and a lot better at that. We booked a room only to find that it was not available, we were then moved to the hotel next door which was poor to say the least and not the same standard as the prince hotel. The next morning still no room, but wanted us to pay full price for substandard lodgings....speaking to fellow travellers they have experienced the same at this chain of hotels.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We organised the first 3 nights of our trip to be spent in the Prince Hotel. Its in a great location, right in the heart of the old quarter. We were given a very spacios, very clean room with large window (we had booked a supereior for just 5$ extra). The only down side was it was on the 5th floor and there was no lift. The breakfast was fine, fruit, eggs/omelette, toast, jam, coffee/tea (the coffee was great!).
Staff on reception all very helpful.
We were so impressed, we stayed here for the last 4 nights of our trip also.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't expect 5* luxury in the centre of the old quarter Hanoi, who doesn't mind walking up alot of steps, and who isn't put out by lack of shower curtain!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DylTheDog
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We loved our stay here!

Rooms were basic but fine if u just want somewhere to get back to after a day of sightseeing. We didn't have a window so it was a bit stuffy but wasn't a problem as we weren't in the room much.

Breakfast fine (great Pho, horrible coffee!!)

Thought this was really good value for money and a great location

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Wickl
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We have stayed at Prince 1 before and was excited to go back there. We were in a family room fro three and a single room. The smaller room was like a box and the topilet was broken and the only window was to the hallway with no curtain. The larger room was well decorated but the airconditioner was broken and as was the toilet, neither of these were fixed although I asked a few times. Toilet was a leaky pipe, I could have fixed this myself!!!!! They would not even give me a fan. On booking they were slowe to respond to emails but assured me for staying three nights they told me that airport pickup was free - on checking out they gave me a $5 discount for the room $30 rather than $35 and charged me airport pick up. There was not much we could do about this as my emails were at work at home and we needed to leave our bags there for the night.
Also left my laptp in the safe it wasnt it was left on the desk.
Will never stay here again very dissapointing.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 6 April 2011

pros: Beautiful spacious, clean room
helpful staff, woke up early to make us breakfast since we were leaving super early for airport
booked very fair priced taxi to airport for us
quiet room
free wifi
free computers with internet in lobby
good location, great for wandering

cons: no elevator (but that is not such a big deal unless you have trouble walking up stairs)
make sure to double check bill, they made mistake on ours but were more than happy to take off over charge when I pointed it out

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jlly0300
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I booked for Deluxe Room w/ Balcony and I was given a standard room with window looking down a storage area of the next building. The website says standard room has bath tub but mine didn't have. I got a shower sparingly sprinkling water in a joint room with the toilet and the floor gets flooded even before I finished taking shower.

The bed was big. It was actually 2 beds joined together so I would often wake up in the midle of the night stuck in between the beds.

The website pictures of the bedrooms look like they are immaculately polished. In reality, I got a dusty room with old furnitures.

But still, I was billed the price of the Deluxe Room.

I also requested for some tours but with $5 mark up price for each. I found out later that the tour agency was just across the street.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo