Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
US$51
US$105
US$113
US$35
  • Breakfast included
Golden Sun Suites Hotel(Hanoi)
US$46
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$152
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshalong baymr leeold quarterrecommend this hotelfree upgradestandard roomsister hotelthe hotel stafffriendly hotelstayed here for nightsvietnamstreettaxitripstourheartmap
Reviewed October 28, 2016

Do Not Book Superior room.

I booked this hotel through Hotel.com for 2 nights. The reasons I chose this hotel because they have good reviews and photos that they posted on Hotel.com look decent. When I was arrived, the hotel sign called " Serenity Hotel ". I thought I was arrived to a wrong hotel, until the receptionist pointed out the tiny sign which posted in the corner of the front door with logo "Rising Dragon Estate "
I was in shocked when I saw my room. It was small, out dated and smelly mode. The shower was dripping and created loud and annoying noise. The AC fans has weird old smelly soon I turned it on. There is no sound proof. 2 nights in the rows, I was woken up by my Russian neighbor's conversations on his phone. I called the receptionist to do something about his voice that traveled to my room and woke me up. I could not sleep for the rest of my night and almost got sick from the smelly room.

I was too tired and slept through my check out time. The receptionist (manager) kept asking me to check out before 1pm. I did not feel good nor had energy to pack my stuffs and decided to stay another day. I was in my room all day to recover my sleep from the loud noise of my neighbor. I reported this to the manager and she had done nothing. Therefore, I went through another sleepless night.
The food there were disappointed and pricy.
Free breakfast was bland and neh... not worth to eat except fruit.

I was deceived by the TripAdvisor and Hotel.com 's reviews and photos of the room at this hotel.

I would never return nor recommend anymore that I know to stay this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

The best hotel we stayed in during our two week trip through Vietnam. Rooms very clean, hot water, soft mattresses and pillows! Lee in customer care was very friendly and helpful. He also offered us a free upgrade to a room with a balcony which was lovely. All the staff members went out of their way to ensure our stay was satisfactory. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

We visited Hanoi last September and we never had problems of any sort! From airport to hotel transfers and tour packages. Joy from Serenity Hotel 2 (don't be confuse with the Hotel name as their company have tons of hotels and sometimes it gets mixed up) is simply amazing! She made sure that we get all the things that we need and always responds to our requests immediately. If you are on a tight budget but wanted a nice, clean place to stay in Hanoi, this is highly recommended. The people of this hotel will take care of you. The package tour we booked from them is also very cheap compared to online tour packages. One more thing, everything is perfect, except for the breakfast menu, I suggest that you try to indulge somewhere as it is just a complimentary breakfast so don't expect too much. Other than that minute detail this hotel is great! Thank you we had a wonderful time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa S
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

Mr lee and his staff were super helpful, I had luggage issues and they spoke to people in Vietnamese and went above and beyond organising taxis and all sorts. Breakfast was good. Rooms were really clean. All round good experience. James maclucas

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Staying in Serenity 2 was a great experience. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Lee who helped us a lot in our last day. Joy also was very helpful when booking our tour to Halong Bay. We will definitely stay here again in the future. Great value for money!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends