All reviews hoan kiem lake halong bay old quarter free tea and coffee perfect location airport pick train tickets no elevator amazing staff breakfast was included trips alley receptionist hoi backpackers ms
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Little Hanoi Hostel was one of the best places I stayed during my trip. From the moment my friend and I walked in, we we're warmly greeted by the staff and offered water and fruit. The guy at the front desk immediately sat down with us to book our next couple days in Hanoi and did not hesitate to make phone calls and was not disappointed when we changed our minds. He literally answered every question we could think of and pointed out everything on a very helpful map. The room was spacious and clean and overall for the price this was excellent value for our money. On top of that on our last day we were allowed to leave our bags as long as we liked with no extra fee. As we walked out I even saw one of the staff attempting to contact a former guest who had left her iPad in the room - this really blew me away since I would think that many places would just keep valuables like that! Can't say enough good things about this place and would definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

For me, accommodation is all about location first as I spend most of my time outdoors when travelling. I went there solo for 1 night and I'm in my late 20s for context.

Location - in an alley in Hanoi's Old Quarter, door-to-door with housing of locals which gives it a very authentic feel that I liked. Immediate surrounding offers Hoan Kiem lake with a bunch of cafes and restaurants, and small local shops. Less than 5min walk to first good street food place and to St Joseph cathedral. 15min walk to the Beer Corner. 45min walk to West Lake district and the memorials/museums there.

Hostel - standard Hanoi Old Quarter building, meaning narrow and high (6 floors feels like 12) but no elevator. Small kitchen downstairs where breakfast (eggs, bread, and fruits) is served. They offer to book your tours from Hanoi but ultimately they probably call the travel agents, who seem to run the show and have the best prices. They're all over town and I doubt there's much difference amongst those offices.

Rooms (I stayed in a private room) - very clean and fairly spacious. Mattresses are thick and comfy. One window, which faced the wall of the next building.

Bathrooms (ensuite) - very clean and spacious for Vietnamese standards and even a shower curtain. Toilet and shower are combined.

Staff - all are very friendly and helpful, especially the girl (terribly sorry that I forgot the name) cares a lot about the comfort of the guests.

Crowd - all ages but mostly 25-35y group. More Western than Asian tourists. A mix of group and solo travellers.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank tezzaventure
Reviewed March 24, 2016

I stayed for 4 nights at this Hotel and was happy with my choice. The room was of reasonable size, not too noisy although close to the Lake. Nonetheless, I also thought that there was not much luminosity. I also had trouble sleeping for one night because of the noises of the other rooms, but overall it was a really good hotel with good isolation from the honking noises outside which is remarkable for Hanoi.

Plus, the hosts were amazing to me with all the troubles I had while staying there (forgot things in a cab and they made everything for me to get these back, which worked).

I might just say that the breakfast was a little bit disappointing for the price of the room and the internet was not of equal power in the whole room so I had to move closer to the door to get a decent connexion.

I think a better price would be around 15 USD.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms (5th floor) are better because you can see a bit of the Lake!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2016 via mobile

Great place to stay in Hanoi and very warm attention from the staff, specially from Anh. She was really kind with us. She has recommended us excursions and places to visit that made our staying in Hanoi and excellent experience. Thanks a lot!!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2016

The staff at Little Hanoi 2 are fantastic, they are so friendly and go above and beyond to help you. They stored our luggage for us for 2 nights while we were in Sapa and let us have breakfast and tea/coffee when we arrived back and were waiting for our room.

I highly recommend this hostel and would definitely stay again. Don't be put off by the dodgy looking alley way when you walk in... once you meet the people you will see it in a different light!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple