“A Great Stop in Hanoi”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$38.00*
and up
Private Hanoi Sightseeing with Electric Car Tour...
Ranked #41 of 303 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This house in the Old Quarter was restored in 1999, as an example of an ancient Hanoian home. It represents the architecture of the Old Quarter, and is decorated to reflect ancient houses of Hanoi.
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I loved historical homes and this one was very interesting. It was beautifully restored, yet it's pretty small and doesn't take too long to visit, Don't let that stop you. I visited it with my guide from Hanoi Free Tour Guides and she told me that it reminded her of her grandparents' house (but fancier).

I also visited the Enthnology Museum with a guide from Hanoikids who also told me that one of the homes we visited was like her grandparents' home. It was difficult for me to picture but later on I visited some villages and the residents still lived in traditional homes like toe ones on display.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"interesting place"
"walking tour"

Reviewed January 30, 2018

Of all the tourist sights in Hanoi, we loved this place best. We spent some time basking in the ambience of the ancient house. Worth engaging a guide if you are interested in the culture and the day-to-day life of Vietnamese of the past.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

If you want to learn about Old Quarter - take a walking tour, or get a self-guide book and walk it. All over you will see a Vietnames flag showing the tourist attraction. Lovely example of an ancient house.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Well restored ancient house with informative panels.
excellent museum shop with very tempting lacquer ware.
Worth a visit at 10000 VND