“Worth seeing if you are there”
Review of Ancient House

Ancient House
Book In Advance
More Info
US$38.00*
and up
Private Hanoi Sightseeing with Electric Car Tour...
Ranked #39 of 301 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This house in the Old Quarter was restored in 1999, as an example of an ancient Hanoian home. It represents the architecture of the Old Quarter, and is decorated to reflect ancient houses of Hanoi.
Reviewed February 9, 2018

Fairly small house and little signage but we went with a guide (on our way to somewhere else) and found it interesting.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"interesting place"
"walking tour"

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Interesting if you're into old houses (I am). A small entrance fee (10,000 Dong). It's a small house, so even with strolling around & peering at every picture & piece of furniture, it'll take about 15 mins.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

15-30 minutes is the maximum time you need to check this place. It's worth it if you're staying around Old Quarter.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

I loved historical homes and this one was very interesting. It was beautifully restored, yet it's pretty small and doesn't take too long to visit, Don't let that stop you. I visited it with my guide from Hanoi Free Tour Guides and she told me that it reminded her of her grandparents' house (but fancier).

I also visited the Enthnology Museum with a guide from Hanoikids who also told me that one of the homes we visited was like her grandparents' home. It was difficult for me to picture but later on I visited some villages and the residents still lived in traditional homes like toe ones on display.