See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The street is too narrow for cars, but I had requested an airport pickup, so the driver offloaded me, and we walked down a short street to the hotel. Very stylish and helpful hotel. Upgraded me to a family room with a small balcony, which could be interesting to view nightlife below. Computer in room and many, many items both for sale and some free in room. Since I got a very discounted room, it was a great bargain, but would be a good deal even at the regular price if you want 3 stars rather than 2. They carefully stored my luggage for four days while I went to HaLong and Sapa, then offered me breakfast when I came to pick it up and move elsewhere. (I had only booked one night here.) I regretted that I had tours booked most days, because I didn't really have time to enjoy a quite lavish breakfast.

Sightseeing/Attractions Tip: In the Old Quarter, which is full of local and tourist life mingling relatively happily, motorcycles make walking difficult, but lots of interesting shops and fun to just get lost a bit. Sinh Cafes are everywhere, but these are the imitations. Look for Sinh Tourist for very nice tours. Green Tangerine restaurant near the Puppet Theatre offers an excellent, gourmet lunch for about 250,000 VND.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor; even though there's no traffic, the crowds gather on the streets until late at night, eating, drinking and socializing. Unless you don't mind.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our stay here got off to a bad start.prior to our arrival in hanoi i emailed the hotel asking to be picked up at the airport. I received an email stating we would be picked up at the airport and we would not have to pay until we checked out of the hotel. We arrived at the airport around midnight and there was no car waiting for us. We did not have the address to the hotel handy and we asked the tourist information booth to google it. The information booth gave us a false address to the hotel and the taxi did not know where the pearl suites was. So my wife and i were left wandering hanoi after midnight with our luggage looking for the hotel. Luckily we found a very nice hotel who was more than happy..for a tip..to walk us to the pearl suites. When i confronted the pearl suites about this they blamed me stating that i should have written them again after they had already confirmed our pickup. Next the room was tiny. It was possibly smaller than the rooms typical of japan. This was only made up for by the fact that in japan rooms are over 100 usd and the pearl suites was less than 25 usd. The walls were also extremely thin and we were woken everyday by other guests leaving their rooms and the cleaning staff. There was also the issue of a fighting rooster across the street from the hotel that began crowing every 5 minutes after dawn. This was not an issue to us as we are used to that sort of thing but the noise from guests was very distracting. We were never able to sleep past 6 am. The bed being very hard and only having a thin bedsheet. The heat made it so that we had to run the a/c constantly but it was pointed directly at the bed. The nights were very cold. On the upside, the hotel staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was great every morning. The location was good in that it was off of the noisy mainstreet. The rooms were also very clean. We had a late flight and they only charged us half price. That was good of them.

Room Tip: Don't get the smallest room. Make sure you triple check with the hotel to confirm airport pickup!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night and then returned for another night after the trip organised by the hotel to halong bay with the hotel director Alex. Hotel room was beautiful, well equipped and bed extremely comfortable.the bathroom was extremely modern and with a shower cubicle rather than a shower that soaks. The breakfast is very good with a good choice of both vietnamese and international dishes. the two girls looking after breakfast are very friendly and always smiling. We leave for Halong Bay cruise after 1 night at Pearl Suites hotel with the wonderful arrangement from the hotel. It was all very nice journey with good price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tamie K
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The first hotel we chose in Hanoi was a dud so when we returned after a trip to Halon Bay, we chose Pearl Suites. WOW is all I can say. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful and the room was exactly what we needed. Clean, modern with a great enclosed walk in shower. Breakfast is included and is lovely. There is a buffet of fruit and breads and then a menu to chose your hot entree.

The hotel is located down a small alley near the beginning of Ma May street. So it is very well located, but off the main drag.

We were only able to stay two night since they were full, but would have stayed a week if we could. I can't say a bad word about this hotel!

Room Tip: High floors will be quiet for sure.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed 4 nights, 11 april to 15 april and was astounded by how great this hotel was for the price we paid. Anny, Anna and all the other staff were most friendly and made our stay extremly enjoyable, they even invited us to have lunch with the staff whilst our room was being made ready as we arrived before check in time. There were a dozen roses and a bottle of wine for us in the room plus a bowl of fruit. Freee internet in the room and anna lent us a laptop so we could email home whilst we were there, we had the laptop for the 4 nights. All of the staff were kind and considerate and would go out of their way to help us. Well done Pearl Suites

John and Louise from Australia

Room Tip: get the balcony room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple