All reviews studio suite great location old quarter hang gai street piano bar halong bay busy street no window without windows other hotels hoan kiem lake central hanoi walking distance buffet breakfast the hotel is clean water puppet theatre stayed here for nights
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

I’ll keep this short! Lee and the entire staff at GS went the extra mile to make sure I was taken care of 100% of my stay there. I would definitely return and stay here. The rooms are very nice and it’s central to so many things.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank George S
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Dear George S,

Thank you so much for sharing your satisfy experience about your recent stay with us & your excellent review has been shared with our team & special to Lee.
It was always our pleasure to serving you & We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

Small hotel located in the Old Quarter. Walking distance close to pretty much everything you will need/want including not far from the lake so an ideal location. The hotel is clean & comfortable. There is no pool in the hotel, which seems to be the case for many Hanoi hotels from what we were told. Also, very small restaurant for breakfast became quite squashy. Putting these aside, this is still a good place to use as a base to explore Hanoi.

Stayed here twice – before & after a trip to Halong Bay. On our return we had a luxury suite which was much bigger & nicer than the previous studio suite room. No opening windows or balcony the 2nd time unlike the 1st room though. Be mindful when booking rooms at this hotel as many standard rooms have no outside windows (Hanoi style).

Staff are very friendly which is a plus.

Room Tip: get a room with outside windows
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Borneo50
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Dear Borneo50,

Thanks you for spending time to update such as details review, we very much appreciated.
We hope that have a chance to serving you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Great service and super location near the lake and restaurants.
The people make the difference. The friendly staff goes beyond to make your stay comfortable.
Reasonably priced with nice breakfast. This is my go to place to stay in Hanoi.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Donald B

Dear Donald B,

Thanks you for choosing Golden Silk like your place to stay whenever in Hanoi & sharing satisfy experience about your recents stay with us.
It's always delightful to have a loyalty customer like you.
We look forward to serving you again & again.

General Mnanager

Reviewed April 23, 2018

We spent two nights the Golden Silk in a different room type on each night. The hotel was booked as an alternative by our tour operator, as our original hotel was overbooked. We were pleasantly surprised to pull up to its beautiful exterior - the lobby and reception area is really stunning, and the porter and reception staff very friendly.

Our first room was a studio suite which was spacious and lovely, with a balcony overlooking the city. We were very happy with this room, and I loved the sunken bath. Our second room, a deluxe room, was very small and had absolutely no window to the outside which, if you are staying for more than one night, could definitely become a problem. It was good for one night though. I loved that both rooms had HUGE beds, and we were never bothered by noise from the bustling street below.

The hotel is very centrally located - we walked everywhere. Hoan Kiem Lake, great restaurants, etc. - everything is nearby and exciting to walk to. Breakfast was average, but still perfectly acceptable.

Room Tip: Definitely a room with a window to the street or with a balcony. It can get claustrophobic in the the Deluxe Rooms. Studio Suite was ideal!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa K
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2018

Dear Lisa K,

Thank you for sharing experience about your recent stay with Golden Silk hotel.
We always highly appreciate customer's feedback as it helps us to improve both service & facilities.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here several times before. This trip have a leaking toilet in my room and can’t access the wireless router on my floor (3rd). I spoke to the guy at the desk about this today. He said “maybe it’s your phone”. I told him my phone would connect in the lobby, in the restaurant, etc. All of these locations use the same password.

The folks here are pleasant enough. But they are fairly uninterested in my issue.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear A tripAdvisor member,

Thank you for you feedback.
Firstly, I do apology for the inconvenient caused to you in your recent stay with Golden Silk hotel. I had a serious meeting with front office team & make sure that they must pay attention to customer's issue.
Again, thank you for always choosing to stay with us & looking forward to your next visit.