Ranked #99 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before -- in fact I opened the property in 1999.
I just came from the Sheraton in Saigon so this hotel was a downner.
Rooms need renovation
Food was just OK
Service was OK
My issue was that I asked for a late checkout and hotel refused. They gave one to my colleague who was not even a HH member.
The only good thing for this hotel is the location. For better service 00 stay at the Sofitel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Radarman123,

Thank you for updating your recent stay experience on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you found our location to be ideal. And also, I was very happy to read that you found our food and service met with your expectation.

I was disappointed however to note the comment that we appear in this instance, to have been unable to extend a late departure, but I do hope that we will able to make amends in future, subject to availability and Hhonors benefits.

Radarman123, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hilton Hanoi Opera

Write a ReviewReviews (2,338)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed here for 1 night, checked out for Halong Bay and re-checked in again for 2 nights. The hotel is located approximately 10 minutes (or less) away from the Old Quarters. There are 2 entrances to the hotel. Hilton Hanoi no doubt is located next to the Opera House and is diagonally opposite the designer brands like Gucci, Cartier, Mont Blanc and Longchamp, to name a few.

The room is spacious. There is a bathtub and a separate shower area. The staff are courteous and they smile all the time! There is a heated pool but I did not use the facilities as it was winter when I visited Hanoi. Once I checked in on the first day, I was given a map of the area and a little book on Hanoi and Halong Bay (where to eat, what to see and what to do). These materials were very helpful for leisure travelers like me to know more about the city that I am in.

The Concierge staff also advised us to take only the big sedan taxi (like Toyota Vios, Innova or Daewoo) instead of the smaller ones (like Hyundai). I did not encounter any taxi scam by using the hotel taxi. They charge the same price that is VND12.000 as the starting price. I've never paid anything more than VND38.000 for a taxi from Hilton to Hang Dieu at the Old Quarters. Besides, the Concierge staff is able to recommend authentic restaurant for food. Bravo! We enjoyed the food very much at a reasonable price

There is free WiFi at the lobby. The speed is OK. Sufficient for me to get in touch with my family and friends back home. For business travelers, I would suggest to use the internet in the room. I believe it would be faster. It is, however, chargeable. Currency exchange service is available too. The rate was good - approximately USD1 to VND 21.000. It is good to carry some VND with you to kick start your days in Hanoi

Breakfast starts as early as 6am which is awesome as we need to leave for a walking tour as at 6:30am. Ba Mien (the name of the coffee house) has the best bacon and ham. I enjoyed these 2 items everyday without fail and I truly enjoy them. The pork bacon ain't too crispy and the honey ham is perfect to go with local chilli sauce. There is an extensive pastry corner and menu varies from Indian curry, Japanese sushi and miso soup and udon, Chinese porridge and dim sum, Thai green curry and seafood fried rice, local pho (ga & bo) and a wide selection of fruits, cold cuts and cheese.

This is the place to stay when you are in Hanoi. I look forward to stay at Hilton Hanoi again!

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the main street. You can definitely have a good slumber every night without...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BudgetPaik
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear BudgetPaik,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts & comments on-line with TripAdvisor following your recent stay at our hotel, Hilton Hanoi Opera, Vietnam.

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your overall experience while staying with us. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back “home” in the not distant future.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

My stay at this Hilton surpassed others ! The hotel is in a clean safe area in Old Hanoi and ...yes youve heard this before...the staff were great !
Seriously ;if the hotel were dreadful,i would visit again to recieve the personalized genuinly friendly service..every client feels VIP from what i saw.
Rooms are typical Hilton,the business centre charged for sundries which seemed a bit stingy but the lifts are lovely,the ornate staircase ballastrade is shiny,the carpets are typically regal red (did i mention the staff are 1 out of the box?)
Bravo to all and the management.

Room Tip: Use the staircase and chat with the staff,they are delightful.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank alloz

Dear Alloz,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website subsequent to your stay at Hilton Hanoi Opera, Vietnam.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our Team to be “genuinely friendly”. I will be sure to share your comments. I hope we will have the honor of welcoming you again should your travels bring you back this way.

Until then,

Reviewed 2 February 2012

This place is absolute bliss and I would highly recommend to all travellers. Beautiful location and the best service ever. Rooms absolutely beautiful and all staff extremely friendly and welcoming. I would definately return again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank debv59
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Debv59,

Greetings from Hilton Hanoi Opera, Vietnam!

Thank you for your most generous review subsequent to your visit in November 2011.

While we strive hard to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is always a delight to receive such positive comment.

We look forward to welcoming you “home” upon your return to Hanoi.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Centrally located and convenient to reach all the key city spots. The food at the VIP lounge is excellent. In line with the best Hilton standards

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Global_Tes
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Global_Tes,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

Thank you for your additional compliment on our ideal location which is convenient for visiting the key city spots. Also, your feedback on our food on the Executive Lounge will serves as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera very soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We have been there for 3 nights with the family and has been a great experience The service is 5 stars

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Zorz65

Dear Zorz65,

Thank you for taking time to share your comment on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera, Vietnam

I was delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and found the experience to be 5 stars.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 January 2012

The Executive Lounge was under renovation (August 2011) and is now working in the restaurant. A good thing when you can get free drinks and order food from the restaurant. Standard rooms and a small swimming pool area. Center location. The level of service varies according to situation and person.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear BO777,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on to the Trip Advisor website subsequent to your stay in August 2011.

Your comments and suggestions are most appreciated and will assist to enhance our offer and service to ensure that we continue to improve and better serve the needs of our discerning travelers.

Once again thank you for your comments. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera in the near future to experience yourself our changes.