All reviews washer and dryer self service laundry hhonors points laundry room old quarter free laundry opera house omelette station small gym business hotel french quarter pho nice hotel upgraded to a suite breakfast buffet fitness center within walking distance
Reviewed April 18, 2018

We arrived at the Hilton Garden Hanoi on a cool rainy afternoon in early April. Upon check-in, the staff offered us an upgrade to a one bedroom suite with balcony for a very nominal charge. We had some concerns about street noise since the room was on the third floor but took the risk – and the risk was rewarded. It was one of the quietest rooms in which we have ever stayed. Hilton Garden Hanoi has clearly designed the rooms with superior soundproofing. With beautiful teak floors, a comfortable King-size bed and two bathrooms, the room was a relaxing oasis during our busy stay. The breakfast buffet was a nice selection of western and Asian cuisine with eggs cooked-to-order. We also ate at the first floor restaurant and had a bowl of Vietnamese Pho that rivaled other places in the city. We were travelling lightly, so another great feature of the hotel was their self-serve laundry room. The only downside to our stay involved a tour to Ha Long Bay booked through the hotel. It was, to be blunt, an awful experience. We did discuss our displeasure with the hotel manager; he intervened with the tour operator and; the tour operator made amends. As a tip however, I would advise to shop around for tours. Tour pricing in Hanoi seems very “fluid”. Some people on our tour paid fifty percent (50%) less than we did! All-in-all this hotel is a great place to stay for business or holiday, and we would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jfor151066
Cuong N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Dear Jfor151066,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi.

So glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality, comfortable room and bed and also breakfast quality. However, the recommended Ha Long tour was brought you a disappointed experience from its price and quality. This is not a hotel service but I am working with Front Office team to review all tour providers to ensure that every recommendation given to our guests are all the most satisfaction

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi in near future

Reviewed April 9, 2018

I stayed for only 1 night on March 3rd and loved the hotel. I couldn't stay longer as I was meeting up with other travelers at another hotel. The staff were very friendly, and the room was spacious and clean. The washer/dryer onsite is great and easy to use. As a gold member they provided an upgrade even though this brand doesn't have to do that. Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Cuong N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear Michael Porreca,

I am very happy to read that we met with your expectation, especially as a Hilton Honors Gold Member. Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Due to the reviews, I was uncertain if I should stay in this hotel or the Hilton Opera. I am glad I decided to stay because it was the best 10,000 points per night I have ever spent. I stayed 5 nights in this hotel. I was in room 605 with a balcony.

Comfortable: The bed was very comfortable, just like all Hilton beds. Though my room faces the front entrance next to the street, it was quiet once I closed the balcony door. The room was very clean. Wish the shower has more pressure though.

Service: the staffs at the front desk was nice and so are the staffs in the breakfast area. All of them can speak English fluently.

Dining: The only meals I have in this restaurant were the breakfasts (free for Gold members). I came in with very little expectation due to the reviews. However, breakfast was awesome! There was a pho bar (either chicken, beef, or both) with all the condiments. There were also many items such as bacon, sausages, omelette, chow fun, dim sum, egg rolls, pastry, cereal, etc. Too many to list. Asian hot dishes varied from day to day.

Convenience: On the map, it seems like the hotel is far from the old quarter. It is not. It is at a walking distance - very easy to get to and very safe. You could also take the taxi to/fro for $1-2 dollars, if you absolutely must. Really, there is no need. Its a 10-20 minute exercise walk. There is also a main bank right next to the hotel which will give you the maximum exchange. Near the hotel are many dining places. My favorite is called "Nha hang Ngon".

Totally recommend for anyone staying at Hanoi using points.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NinaM4000

Dear Nina M,

I am delighted that you found our location to be a convenient access to the Old Quarter and surrounding closed dining places. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed hotel breakfast, in room bedding and hospitality services of the hotel staff

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi in the near future.

Until time permits,

Operations manager,

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Decided to stay here as my Hilton points were due to expire. The stay turned out to be very pleasant. The hotel is located in the business district and 10min away from the old quarters by taxi. While the rooms are slightly dated, they are well maintained. Breakfast is decent and I would consider staying here the next time. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank VyshakMV
Cuong N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear VyshakMV,

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Very clean & tidy Hotel . Food was good and staff very helpful all speaking and understanding of English . Room excellent and very spacious . Well situated for walking to city centre and lake . Plenty of restaurants nearby

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael m,

Great comments, thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedbacks after recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi. We look forward to be able to welcoming you back in near future

manhcuong.nguyen@Hilton.com