All reviews washer and dryer self service laundry hhonors points using points nha hang ngon laundry room old quarter free laundry opera house omelette station small gym pho french quarter business center upgraded to a suite nice hotel room service is
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

There is no shortage of accommodations for Hanoi.

The rice noodle restaurant is nearby, and the coffee bar right in front of you is fine.

But a price comparison with the Hilton Hanoi Opera is essential.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Cuong N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Dear Ilollsean,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share experiences after your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi

Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi

Reviewed April 28, 2018

Unfortunately only got to stay here for one night on the way to Halong Bay, but truly enjoyed the hospitality and service at this hotel. The Garden Inn's are on the lower end of the scale of Hilton properties, so services and amenities are fairly basic. I was also surprised though that they do not employ a bell man, at least not after 8 PM or so when I arrived so I was made to carry my own bags up the set of stairs to the front desk and up to my room. Not a big deal, and would be expected at a garden inn in the U.S., but not an international property. Check in was seamless and as a Diamond Hhonors member, was upgraded to a very nice suite on the top floor. Room was very comfortable, wi-fi worked well and the TV had sufficient English channels. Bathroom was large and the room had a separate half-bath and a living room with another TV. Wish I was able to stay longer but sadly no. Breakfast was not included in my room rate, which was a very reasonable USD $78, but as a Diamond, was provided complementary breakfast, which I expected to be continental, but was so much more with a Pho station, egg station, and all the usual hot and cold breakfast staples. Hotel is on the edge of the old quarter, not right in it, but the location was very convenient and even the in-house restaurant we ate at that night was very good and served one of the best Bun Cha's we had in Hanoi, albeit at 3 times the price but they threw in a free beer which made it worth it considering most restaurants in Hanoi close at 9 PM. Hats off to this place for taking care of their Diamond members. This is how all Hilton properties should be run.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cuong N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Dear The_Doode_Abides,

Thank you very much for the detailed reviews after your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, so glad to hear that you found our hospitality services, location and also foods were at your expectation.

We look forward for the opportunity to be able to welcoming you back in near future

Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi

Reviewed April 18, 2018

We arrived at the Hilton Garden Hanoi on a cool rainy afternoon in early April. Upon check-in, the staff offered us an upgrade to a one bedroom suite with balcony for a very nominal charge. We had some concerns about street noise since the room was on the third floor but took the risk – and the risk was rewarded. It was one of the quietest rooms in which we have ever stayed. Hilton Garden Hanoi has clearly designed the rooms with superior soundproofing. With beautiful teak floors, a comfortable King-size bed and two bathrooms, the room was a relaxing oasis during our busy stay. The breakfast buffet was a nice selection of western and Asian cuisine with eggs cooked-to-order. We also ate at the first floor restaurant and had a bowl of Vietnamese Pho that rivaled other places in the city. We were travelling lightly, so another great feature of the hotel was their self-serve laundry room. The only downside to our stay involved a tour to Ha Long Bay booked through the hotel. It was, to be blunt, an awful experience. We did discuss our displeasure with the hotel manager; he intervened with the tour operator and; the tour operator made amends. As a tip however, I would advise to shop around for tours. Tour pricing in Hanoi seems very “fluid”. Some people on our tour paid fifty percent (50%) less than we did! All-in-all this hotel is a great place to stay for business or holiday, and we would stay here again without question.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Jfor151066
Cuong N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Dear Jfor151066,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi.

So glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality, comfortable room and bed and also breakfast quality. However, the recommended Ha Long tour was brought you a disappointed experience from its price and quality. This is not a hotel service but I am working with Front Office team to review all tour providers to ensure that every recommendation given to our guests are all the most satisfaction

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi in near future

Reviewed April 9, 2018

I stayed for only 1 night on March 3rd and loved the hotel. I couldn't stay longer as I was meeting up with other travelers at another hotel. The staff were very friendly, and the room was spacious and clean. The washer/dryer onsite is great and easy to use. As a gold member they provided an upgrade even though this brand doesn't have to do that. Thanks again!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Cuong N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear Michael Porreca,

I am very happy to read that we met with your expectation, especially as a Hilton Honors Gold Member. Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Due to the reviews, I was uncertain if I should stay in this hotel or the Hilton Opera. I am glad I decided to stay because it was the best 10,000 points per night I have ever spent. I stayed 5 nights in this hotel. I was in room 605 with a balcony.

Comfortable: The bed was very comfortable, just like all Hilton beds. Though my room faces the front entrance next to the street, it was quiet once I closed the balcony door. The room was very clean. Wish the shower has more pressure though.

Service: the staffs at the front desk was nice and so are the staffs in the breakfast area. All of them can speak English fluently.

Dining: The only meals I have in this restaurant were the breakfasts (free for Gold members). I came in with very little expectation due to the reviews. However, breakfast was awesome! There was a pho bar (either chicken, beef, or both) with all the condiments. There were also many items such as bacon, sausages, omelette, chow fun, dim sum, egg rolls, pastry, cereal, etc. Too many to list. Asian hot dishes varied from day to day.

Convenience: On the map, it seems like the hotel is far from the old quarter. It is not. It is at a walking distance - very easy to get to and very safe. You could also take the taxi to/fro for $1-2 dollars, if you absolutely must. Really, there is no need. Its a 10-20 minute exercise walk. There is also a main bank right next to the hotel which will give you the maximum exchange. Near the hotel are many dining places. My favorite is called "Nha hang Ngon".

Totally recommend for anyone staying at Hanoi using points.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank NinaM4000

Dear Nina M,

I am delighted that you found our location to be a convenient access to the Old Quarter and surrounding closed dining places. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed hotel breakfast, in room bedding and hospitality services of the hotel staff

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi in the near future.

Until time permits,