“Fascinating and inspirational place ”

Vietnamese Women's Museum
Ranked #25 of 287 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Focused on the contribution of women to Vietnam's history and culture, this museum highlights their roles in Vietnam's many military conflicts as well as in commerce, including features on female street vendors, women's role in the family, and more recently, single mothers in Vietnam.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had not looked into the Woman's musuem pre-arrival and left so fascinated and pleased to have visited to have discovered the significance woman played through the Vietmanese wars. Information is delievered clearly and precise and details the importance of its meaning. Women in marriage and the home was very interesting, the number of different societies, tribes and the methods of marriage is an interesting read, with pieces showcasing tradition. The floor which focuses on women in the war is the true fascination and highlight in this museum. The level of detail with the stories, video's, quality of photography and objects on display all combine to give a real meaningful understanding of the importance of women and how vital they were to the Vietnam's success. You leave the musuem with such respect for the women of this country and their actions for what contributed to an independent Vietnam. One of the most drawing and insightful museums I've visited in the world.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,445)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"on display"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a wonderful way to learn more about Vietnamese history but I strongly recommend paying the little extra for the audio guide. There is information written in English and Vietnamese but i felt I took more and different information from the audio guide. We took a break half way through our visit and went outside to the courtyard for a coffee. This refueled us to be able to enjoy all the exhibits. We started with the middle floor on the American war (the more sobering and emotional floor for me) then after our break, visited the other floors which were equally interesting about culture and dress.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Essential place to visit. Great exhibits covering everything from wedding customs, to child rearing, to fashion. One of the best museums I've been to anywhere.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The photography alone makes this place worth it. But it was a lot cooler than we thought. My teenager wasn't happy to visit but my 10 and 11 year old really liked it. They loved having head phones to listen to everything. All exhibits have good English description. Headphones not necessary. A great little museum with more than we'd imagined.