Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Vietnamese Women's Museum
from US$87.50
More Info
from US$62.00
More Info
4,768 results
All reviews audio guide vietnamese society family life women's lives vietnamese woman women street vendors several floors worth a visit american war interesting exhibits ethnic groups great insight couple of hours daily life few hours on display old quarter
Reviewed April 3, 2018

This is a wonderful way to learn more about Vietnamese history but I strongly recommend paying the little extra for the audio guide. There is information written in English and Vietnamese but i felt I took more and different information from the audio guide. We took a break half way through our visit and went outside to the courtyard for a coffee. This refueled us to be able to enjoy all the exhibits. We started with the middle floor on the American war (the more sobering and emotional floor for me) then after our break, visited the other floors which were equally interesting about culture and dress.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Essential place to visit. Great exhibits covering everything from wedding customs, to child rearing, to fashion. One of the best museums I've been to anywhere.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

The photography alone makes this place worth it. But it was a lot cooler than we thought. My teenager wasn't happy to visit but my 10 and 11 year old really liked it. They loved having head phones to listen to everything. All exhibits have good English description. Headphones not necessary. A great little museum with more than we'd imagined.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I've visited this museum a number of times over the past ten years, always a pleasure. A particularly good selection of women fighters and guerrillas, insight into the lives of women during war times. I hope the collection will continue to expand and grow, it is one of the lesser known attractions of Hanoi which open eyes without trying too much.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Visited this afternoon.

Many parts to this museum including the multi purpose hall on the left as you approach the building. Presently an art exhibition there by Van Duong. Not exactly to my taste but modern / contemporary to say the least.

Top floor (5th) holds a display of contemporary art - disappointing and undynamic and to make matters worse - no aircon. Can be given a wide berth.

Good display of those women who sacrificed themselves for their country. That fought against the US aggressors and defeated them- those who followed the vision of Uncle Ho who put nationhood before all else and sent the Americans home with their tails between their legs.

Pro independence and pro nationhood - it confirms my thoughts that war is futile but that peace must be the way forward. Interesting to see so many women who have followed Uncle Ho in the fight against the aggressors. Many interesting anecdotal stories displayed.

Good selection of ethnocentric diversity and a good documentary on same. Occupation and religion are also reflected. Allow a couple of hours to go around.

Date of experience: April 2018