1,702 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter a la carte breakfast top floor vietnamese coffee parting gift boutique hotel amazing staff welcome drink rooftop restaurant fresh fruit junior suite hoan kiem lake breakfast was delicious excellent location the hotel staff train station
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Hotel is centrally located with easy walking to any where in the Old or French Quarters, busy street but quiet at night. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Excellent breakfast choices, very good personal service. The hotel sent my laundry out for same day cleaning. The staff happily confirmed tour arrangements I made even though I did not make the tour through the hotel. The room was clean, lots of space for two people, a big bath tub. I would recommend staying here. I only wish I had discovered Hanoi La Selva Hotel sooner and stayed longer.

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T N
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed with the service standards of the staff, particularly Rosie, Hannah and Dan who provided us with every information within the vicinity.

The following contributed to our wonderful experience during our stay at La Selva.
1. Hotel was centrally located. We could walk to anywhere for good food. Excellent restaurants nearby include Duong and Red Bean.
2. Breakfast was simply fantastic, ranging from western food to local delights. Mango juice and fruit yogurt were lovely.
3. Room was spotlessly cleaned.
4. Quiet location, away from the bussle of traffic provides a good night sleep.
5. Massage service was available within steps.
6. Staff were most helpful. From restaurant and transport bookings to tour arrangements, they went out of their way to make our stay pleasurable.
7. Daily complimentary fruits and nightly chocolates together with a note on the following day's weather outlook provided a lovely and personal touch.

We will be returning to the same hotel after our Sapa trip, and definitely look forward to staying at La Selva.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank alphabeta888
Reviewed October 11, 2018

From the first day I corresponded with Julie, the hotel Executive, I have had very fast and informative replies. My friends and I (4 of us) booked the Halong Bay Cruise and Hotel transfer to/from airport from Julie and were very pleased with her recommendation.and assurance of good service. The Water Puppet Show was also booked through the hotel, so that saved us time in having to go personally to the theatre.

When we arrived at the Hotel we were greeted with pleasant smiles from the GM, Jason and his staff Emily and Dan and offered welcome drinks and fruits. After which
Emily gave us a briefing on what to do/not to do, when we were there. We were also warned of tourist snares and how to bargain for goods. Traffic is horrendous and a nightmare for tourist, especially in crossing roads. However, we were also told how to cross roads and what to be aware of. We found all the information to be very concise and helpful since it was our first visit to Hanoi.

On the first night, we had the Junior Suite(booked through Booking.com) and was pleasantly surprised to find roses on the bed. It was a welcome sight. The room was
of a good size for 2 of us, very clean and beds and pillows were comfortable.There were also fruits and chocolates on the dressing table as well.

The A la Carte Breakfast was great as we had a choice of either Vietnamese or western menu, inclusive of coffee/tea, fruit juice and yoghurt. The breakfast alone energised you throughout the day.

Since we could not get the Junior Suites on our return trip from Halong Bay, we had no choice but to book 2 Executive Twin Bedrooms. We were informed that we were unable to have rooms on the same floor. We then spoke to GM, Jason and informed him of our preference and requested for his assistance..

Upon departure to Halong Bay we were given some fruits and upon our return from Halong Bay, we were informed by Emily that one room has been upgraded to Junior Suite and the other remains as per our booking, so that both rooms can be on the same floor. We were pleasantly surprised and very grateful with the outcome.

Dan and Emily were very patient with us, when we requested for the invoice to be reprinted in US$ instead of in Dong. Dan went the extra mile to change an "old version" of dong for my friend, to save her the trouble of going to the bank to do so.

The places of interest and restaurants recommended by the staff members were
excellent as the food at Duongs Restaurant was simply yummilicious. We went there again for dinner on our last night. The location of the hotel is pretty good as quite a number of renowned restaurants, e.g.Red Bean Restaurant, were within walking distance from the hotel.

Throughout our 5 days/4 nights stay at La Selva, we enjoyed the pleasant camaderie with the staff members. It was always a pleasure to see their smiling faces early in the morning and later at night. All the staff from front office, porters and the restaurant were simply amazing, always willing and ready to be of assistance.

Another kind gesture from the hotel, was a gift packet of Vietnamese coffee and filter, upon our departure.

Kudos to GM, Jason, Julie, Emily, Dan and Hannah, the porters and restaurant and other personnel whose names have been left out, for excellent and friendly service and in making our stay a most enjoyable one. It felt like "home away from home" for us.

Will definitely recommend friends/relative who will be visiting Hanoi in the very near future. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Room Tip: Junior suite has a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Phantom5488
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with friends back in September. We had flown straight after work on Friday and were a little tired. We were all blown away on arrival by the overwhelming friendliness of the staff. The rooms were spotless but not sterile and had a lovely atmosphere with lovey touches like the daily note from the hotel and fresh snacks. We booked our tours through them which again was a top notch service. Most impressive was there service after I left. I had accidentally left my sunglasses in the van during the day trip and asked (thinkin in vain) on leaving if they could ask the driver had anyone handed them in. No only did they locate them but they couriered them back to me in HCMC. Perfectly wrapped to protect them. It just says it all about the quality of service you receive in this place. Can’t recommend it enough!!

P.s the location is amazing bad is the breakfast!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gar_Clarke
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

My family and I absolutely loved our stay in this hotel. The staff go above and beyond to help you without being over the top.
They even transferred our bags to another hotel as we stayed one night in Halong Bay.
The breakfast is delicious, with many wonderful options. The breakfast croissant with an omelette was delicious.
The beds and pillows are the best we found in Vietnam. An absolute gem of a hotel.
So close to everything as well while being in a quieter street.
When i come back I will definitely stay at La Selva!!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family