1,699 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter a la carte breakfast top floor vietnamese coffee parting gift boutique hotel amazing staff welcome drink rooftop restaurant fresh fruit junior suite hoan kiem lake breakfast was delicious the hotel staff train station star service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Held off writing this review as it was my first stop off the plane in Vietnam. Solo female traveller. I needed a few hotel comparisons. Firstly, the front of house staff, Rosie, Hannah, Julie, Dan and the rest of this smiling, engaging professional team make this place. Greeted warmly and as a new arrival furnished me with drink, spot on map and information on how to navigate busy noisy Hanoi. No hard sell. Told about the tours on offer and was never pressed to do. I ended up doing the walking tour, early morning market tour and 1 night at Halong bay booked through the hotel. All fantastic no regrets. Everything seamless and easy. Room with a balcony (noise not a problem)neat and tidy as per other travellers pictures. Everything you need for a comfortable stay. Highlight is the breakfast. I know this for a fact after sampling a few other hotels which have been very average at best compared to La Selva. Order what you want from the menu. Fresh and yum. Must is the mango juice and coffee best so far I have experienced in a hotel in Vietnam. Lots of lovely extras that made me feel holiday special. Staff all remembered what I was up too, always polite enquires never intrusive. Lovely personal touches. Noted my birthday from passport —surprise cake, room decorations and parting gift. These lovely gestures never felt contrived. Before you plunge into the crazy essence of Hanoi take a moment turn left when you exit the hotel. On the corner is a coffee house, can’t remember name. Don’t be shy, climb up 2 flights of winding stairs and take a seat looking down onto the street and watch the amazing streetscape whilst enjoying a cold smoothie before you plunge in. Good way to find out how not to cross the road!! I ate at the Gourmet corner restaurant across the road a couple of times for a bit of upmarket dining. Great food option to escape hurly burly of Hanoi. Had a peek inside the hotels along the street. Knew I had got it so right with choosing Hanoi La Selva Hotel. This hotel will make your Hanoi visit a joy. Great location step out the door wander a couple of minutes and then your in the heart of it. Will return! Special thank you to the lovely staff member (sorry I forgot your name) who gave me the egg coffee receipe and encouraged me to visit a couple of museums. Just perfect!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Trip283638
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent our first 3 nights in Vietnam here. It was perfect. We had s beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the street life below. Through some magic, the balcony doors, once shut, blocked all noise from outside. The location is ideal, and The hotel staff went out of their way to assist us with our planning, airport shuttles, and anything we needed. It was perfect!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jml632015
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed 3 nights in Room 801 at the top of the hotel - with a big terrace (or small garden).
Room was well equipped with all amenities and clean with easy access to the breakfast room on 9th.
What makes this hotel special is their service and attentiveness and we had a very smooth stay from booking - pick up from airport - to their valuable help in finding good food, nightspots and beauty parlour.
And it is in the heart of the Old Hanoi only 5 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank larsen25

Good location.
Fantastic staff willing to go the extra mile.
Extensive breakfast menu (amazing food).

Sorry about the repition but tripadvisor has a 200 character minimum!

Good location.
Fantastic staff willing to go the extra mile.
Extensive breakfast menu (amazing food).

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcmpgm
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We picked this hotel on great reviews and good location, however, the stay far exceeded our expectations. The hotel was lovely, particularly the staff who were all incredibly helpful. They went above and beyond to help us during our stay- from welcome drinks on arrival to a takeaway breakfast for our early departure to the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel to others staying in Hanoi.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple