1,728 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter a la carte breakfast top floor parting gift vietnamese coffee amazing staff welcome drink fresh fruit boutique hotel western options rooftop restaurant junior suite breakfast was delicious hoan kiem lake french quarter the location is perfect
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Found this little, but well appointed hotel in TripAdvisor when I was researching hotels for my trip. Decided upon La Selva, and I'm very glad I did. It was further from the airport than I expected, but met all of my expectations when I arrived and stayed a night.

The front desk staff ladies were charming, efficient, and helpful. When I checked-in, one (Emily) sat with me and briefed me on the local restaurants and coffee shops and warned me about walking in traffic and with pickpockets at the night market. I was checked-in 1.5 hours early and I needed a good rest from my international flights.

Even though I expected street noise in my room, there was none. I think most of the rooms face away from the street and my room and floor was very quiet. It's a narrow hotel (see pictures) so there are eight floors of rooms, maybe six or seven rooms on each floor. There is a breakfast restaurant on the 9th floor.

Breakfast was free - and it was filling and great. There's western menu items along with a Vietnamese section. I had pho for breakfast - and I ordered a toasted baguette with butter in addition. Food came out quickly.

Rooms are basic, but sufficient. WiFi was available on every floor and provided plenty of steady bandwidth for most needs.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank mahatma101
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived the staff were very helpful informing us of what to see and do during our stay. The shower was amazing! Water was really hot and pressure was really strong. The beds were so comfortable and sheets immaculately clean. We got a little note each day with the weather predictions for the following day which was so sweet. Location was perfect, only a minute or two to the lake. WiFi worked really well. Breakfast was delicious. Would absolutely recommend staying here!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahf79m2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night after arriving from Sapa. The service staffs were helpful and very friendly. Ms Hannah recommended bun cha ta and egg coffee for our dinner! Hotel is beautiful and clean. Location is excellent and I managed a jog around the lake the following morning. They also served very good breakfast at the highest floor of the hotel. Value for money hotel! Thank you!

2  Thank Lee Mei Ling M
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while exploring Hanoi. Excellent location right in the heart of the old quarter. The rooms were decently sized, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was included with our stay and was excellent with Vietnamese and Western options to choose from. The croissant omelette, pho, and fried egg noodles were tasty, as were the fresh juices. What really stood out, though, was the staff. They were attentive, accommodating, incredibly friendly, and helpful. All for a reasonable price. Highly recommended!

1  Thank ccarbone22
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in a great spot in the old city, in walking distance for most attractions. We got a great welcome when arrving including fruit and beverages, and a detailed explanation about important things tourists should know (eating, sites, getting around, things to be ware of). The rooms are comfortable and beautiful. Breakfast is great. The staff is very courteous and would gladly help with any request including booking tours, arranging transportation and so on.

1  Thank yochaig2015