“Good food, nice manager”
Review of Little India

Little India
Ranked #58 of 2,626 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I tried Little India twice. Everytime I came up, take the set of Chapati & Aloo Matar which is a perfect combination. The Samosa is nice too!

Not just the food, but staff are nice, especially the Indian guy, who is the manager of the place. He is friendly, always takin' care & show the best thing to have & combine with. Would definately come back to this place more!

littleindiahn, Manager at Little India, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sir/Madame,

Greetings from Little India

We would like to thank you for choosing to visit with Little India during your recent visit to City and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We were delighted to learn that you had an excellent visit with us and particularly value our Reasturant. Your comments on the service and Food are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Little India Reasturant.

With best regards,
Chandan Shahi ,Reasturant manager Little India.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When I travel, I am a frequent diner in Indian restaurants. They are my culinary thing! I sought out a new one during my first evening on a return trip to Hanoi. Based solely on proximity to my hotel, I serendipitously chose Little India.

Upon arrival at the brightly lit ground level which had three nicely adorned tables, I was politely greeted by a hostess at a reception desk who directed me to the second floor. Navigating the circular stairwell, I was next greeted by the manager, Mr. Chandan, who could not have been kinder to me, or to nearby guests, as I observed. The menu had two parts— one part had numbered pictographs of the offerings and the other had prices linked to the numbers. I ordered by picture. Mr. Chandan took my order on an iPad, repeated it for certainty, and a short wait followed. My selections were the vegetable pakora (62k VND), served with two condiments— spicy green sauce and a more spicy sauce with chilis, garlic and oil, the latter being extra delicious. For the entree, I ordered the Indian special vegetarian thani (170k VND). It was outstanding. Of the five items, the eggplant was the best I’ve ever had. I wanted more. The carrot dish was delicious too— slightly sweet with a rich flavor. The potato curry was fine too, adequately tasty and slightly spicy. The rice and corn selections were standard fare. The cost of my meal, with a large bottled water(40k VND), was a reasonable 272k VND.
The restaurant was very clean and sanitary. It was nicely appointed and well lit. The ceiling lighting on the second floor was appealing with its blue hue. The tables were stable, the chairs were comfortable and a linen napkin was provided, along with paper napkins(not tissues!)
The staff on the second floor was very friendly and did their best with the wifi, which was not functioning during my visit. As I departed, one if the staffers sought me out to give me my unfinished large bottle of water, which was considerate. The same young lady who initially greeted me on arrival also gave me a smiling, polite farewell.
The food at Little India was exceptional, the people were customer-focused and made the dining experience a comfortable one; and the physical facility was fine. I’ll likely return.

Greetings from Little India
We are delighted to know that you had a splendid experience at Little India. It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with superior services and we are happy to note your appreciation. Thank you for your kind words.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again
Chandan shahi ,Reasturant Manager Little India

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food and service here were both faultless. My partner is Indian and can vouch for the authenticity of the food served here. The portions are generous, and the owner is extremely attentive to the customer’s every need.

We had:
• Paneer Pakora: beautiful, crispy, and light. I could easily have bags of these.
• Chilli Potato Bhaji: has a gorgeous crisp batter, and a fresh capsicum within filled with a delicious potato mixture.
• Chicken Chettinad: very flavourful sauce that packed a punch, the chicken pieces were moist and tender.
• Garlic Naan and Butter Naan were both good. The garlic one was especially fragrant.
• Vegetable raita: quite refreshing but interesting spin on the traditional raita as this had green beans, carrot and capsicum. Nice crunchy texture
• Mango Lassi: fresh and delicious, big serving.

We loved dining here and would definitely return if we had more time in Ha Noi.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again
Chandan shahi ,Reasturant Manager Little India

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here because the reviews were raving about it! Soooo delicious! Went for dinner one night loved it and then headed to Ha long bay for a night and decided to drive all the way back to Hanoi to finish our stay in Vietnam on motorbike! The only thing that I could think of was the chicken tiki Masala, jeera pulao rice and garlic naan for the 3 hour drive! Service is always super lovely! Food amazing!

Greetings from Little India

I am very pleased to learn that you had a memorable experience. It is heartwarming to read such wonderful feedback. The entire team joins me in thanking you for your kind comments on the food and service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again
Chandan Shahi ,Reasturant manager Little India

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing food at this establishment with care for quality. Server provided good recommendations and spoke very good English.

Dear Sir/Madame,

With best regards,
Chandan Shahi ,Reasturant manager Little India.