2,242 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter connecting rooms food tour sales manager fruit platter special thanks the hotel staff excellent hotel visit hanoi again buffet breakfast rose petals airport pickup star service hoan kiem lake via email highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed January 15, 2017

We arrived at the Golden Suites hotel just after New Year for a couple of nights. Eric the manager had managed to negotiate a really good deal at Halong Bay so the first night was spent on a junk travelling around the bay "unbelieveable and is a must". We had travelled to Vietnam for Christmas and Hanoi was one of the stopping points. Hanoi is completely different to HCM, there are 10 times as many mopeds and considerably a lot more to do. The shops and markets create a hustle and bustle making the city considerably more exciting. Eric and the staff at the hotel are more than accomodating, they are extremely helpful and friendly recommending places to visit and restaurants to dine at. The Golden suites hotel is situated right in the heart of the city, its inexpensive and is definitely recommended. The hotel is well looked after, WIFi speed excellent, rooms very impressive and I couldn't wish for a better hotel, far the cheapest during our visit to Vietnam. Well done !

Room tip: All rooms are of a good standard
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lordtintin
Reviewed January 14, 2017

This is really a good find in Hanoi!! I have stayed there 2-3 times !! and each time really enjoyed and thought its super value, great service!! and I like the location etc..
the main thing is Staff are all very friendly and helpful right from check in and good service !!

Rooms are of good quality, clean, AC works well , bed / bathrooms nicely appointed and clean.

Location is real good and can get to / explore anywhere in 5 to 15 mins.. so that was a big plus for me and its off the main areas so much more quiet. rooms in the back are more quiet . go for the higher floors and the breakfast is good ...

Room tip: rooms in the back are more quiet and on higher floor
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank chillNexplore
Reviewed January 14, 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Golden Sun Suites hotel for 9 nights and was highly impressed with the room, staff, food and travel bookings made by the staff. I highly recommend this hotel! Based in the old quarter the hotel is less than 2 blocks away from the central lake. All travel and tour bookings was made by the hotel staff including a trek in Sapa. There was not a single issue with any booking!
The staff are exceptional and speak good English.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Room tip: Try the honeymoon suite!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 760marc
Reviewed January 12, 2017

Hotel is right smack in Old Quarter, and Manager Eric Hoang went the extra mile for us on multiple occasions - for airport transfers, taxis, making sure the room was okay, etc. He was probably the most courteous on-duty manager we had the pleasure of meeting in all of our travels all year, and he single handedly made this visit for us.

Rooms are very spacious and comfortable in this boutique hotel ( which is more or less the norm for Hanoi) and should please most traveler sensibilities. Buffet breakfast had a modest but very good in quality spread. Wish I had eaten more, but we had a conference to attend to.

This place is very much highly recommended, terrific deal on the price as well.

Room tip: We got what I remember was a Junior Suite, pretty modern with nice fixtures.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LuisArcangel
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

This lovely neat hotel has the most friendly and helpful staff. The breakfasts are delicious and varied, the family room was spacious and quiet and the staff did absolutely everything possible to make our stay fun and relaxing. It's in a great location and easy to walk to hoan kiem lake and the pedestrian only markets.

Special thanks to Jessie, Lucia, tom, Helen and Jerry, (sorry if I forgot anyone you were all amazing!)

Trip type: Travelled with family