All reviews rooftop bar old town great location hang buom terrace suite halong bay street food the hustle and bustle lovely hotel early check free upgrade central location special thanks busy street banh mi highly recommend this hotel french quarter
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

This is my second version of our review, as I requested the first one to be deleted.

I’ll start with saying the culture in Vietnam appears to be very different to the rest of the world that I’ve visited; America, Europe, other parts of Asia etc, in that the people seem obsessed with receiving positive reviews on Tripadvisor. I’m entirely comfortable with that, but I prefer to have experienced the activity/ accommodation etc beforehand!!

We’d just arrived from Scotland to the MK Hotel, after about 16 hours of travelling, for the first part of our honeymoon, and were met by the team at the front desk. Everything was indeed fantastic and the place looked ideal, the driver who met us from the airport was great too, but upon check-in were told we had been upgraded, on the condition that we left a 5* review before our stay. Never had this before, and he insisted on checking what I had written before confirming our upgrade to a huge suite. Maybe it’s just a bit different over there, but as you can see I’ve given a 5* review anyway as our experience was amazing, from the room, to the rooftop bar/ restaurant, spa was incredible (and cheap!), breakfast plentiful and staff were so so helpful.

Just a bit of advice to readers of other reviews that some of these may have been written in advance of stays (they’re quite easy to spot with mentions of early upgrades).

Anyway, would highly recommend to others!

1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed May 27, 2018

The staffs very helpful. The breakfast was good with many choices. The bed was comfortable and the room is clean but a bit small and dim, the wall is thin so we could hear all the noise from outside. Overall it was an okay stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Clean and Good Smell hotel. Moderate breakfast. Various kinds of foods both Asian and Western. Location shows good classical and special characteristic of the city. Concept of boutique hotel, yes it is.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Very conveniently located, great reception service especially from Eric and Anh. I had made some adjustments to my booking and they were very accommodating. Would definitely recommend staying here. Very close to central lake, night market and there are many good restaurants nearby. I’d definitely stay here again!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

In a bustling part of old quarter. Easy check in. Clean and spacious room. Huge bath and balcony. Complimentary upgrade and friendly staff - thanks to Du! Rooftop bar has amazing views. Both viet and western bfast.

1  Thank Samantha1000