“Perfect! Totally satisfied!”

Vietnam Discovery - Private Day Tours
Ranked #232 of 908 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Our development team is a family of young and passionate members who wish to bring true values of Vietnam to the world. Save yourself hours of searching and let us assist you on arranging your trips with candid and practical recommendations tailored for your needs.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I do not hesitate to recommend this agency as your best, secure, reliable and efficient travel partner agency for your visit to Vietnam. I was honestly surprised at the efficiency and speed at which they reply to your questions and/or requests.
To be honest, I was initially sceptical about entrusting an unknown agency to handle my requests. But it turned out that Vietnam Discovery are a very reliable AND HONEST agency. I entrusted them with a fast-track visa, which worked perfectly! Sadly, I only booked one tour in advance with them, as I had already booked a hotel on my own. But the price they charged me was the same as if I booked it myself with any other agency on the spot.
Heartfelt thank to all at Discovery Travel, with particular mention to Ms Jessica, Ms Rosie and Ms Leo for their endless patience and assistance.
I do not hesitate at all to recommend this agency. Perfect in every way!

VNDiscovery, Người quản lý at Vietnam Discovery - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear Mr. Mario,

Thank you so much for entrusting us right from start and now leaving us such sweet words.
Hopefully that we will have the opportunity to assist you on your every further trip to Vietnam.

Wishing you both happy, healthy and also successful.
You are always welcome back to Vietnam.

Sending you love from Vietnam Discovery Travel

in 5 reviews
"travel"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

This service was on point! The staff was always ready to assist us via call or WhatsApp. They checked on us every single day, even after we left. Super friendly and helpful. The organization was flawless, drivers always on time. This made our trips to Ha Long Bay and Sapa Mountains very smooth and enjoyable. Visa application process was smooth and fast as well. Will definitely use them again and highly recommend!

Wow, so thankful to you for your use of our services and also recommending us here.
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your trips with us.
Hopefully that we will have opportunity to accompany you in your further trips to Vietnam.

Wishing you all great time ahead.

From Vietnam Discovery Travel with love!

Reviewed December 26, 2017

Never been in Vietnam before so I rely on Mr Trung Nguyen, also known by Steven, to organize my, and my family, tours in Hoi An. Im glad I did that. There was 4 tours and all of them exceeded our expectations, starting with the guides (the lady Quy was far beyond the excellency) the quality of the organization, the information provided and also the prices which was little for so much we got!! All went well and smooth and according with planned, leaving a "cry for more" feeling !! Thank you Steven, Leo, Quy, Kayak guide, thank you Vietnam Discovery, highly recommended !!

VNDiscovery, Người quản lý at Vietnam Discovery - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Hi Joao,

Thank you so much for joining tours with us and also leaving us such a great review. It's our great honor to work with you right from start, you was so nice :). We also informed that you and your family were also those contributing to great success of our tours.

We are looking forward to seeing you and your family in Vietnam in the coming time and having opportunity for serve you more.

Wishing you and your family a great year ahead.

Vietnam Discovery Travel

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Originally I wanted to avoid writing a bad review, but then a friend asked me about my trip and I remembered all the mishaps that Vietnam Discovery have made which caused a lot of negativity as the vacation no longer felt fun but more tense. Please note that 14 days have cost me 2500$ with this agency, while most people I know who went there would pay around 75-100$ per day on average. So I paid triple!
1- We had to book through them as it was the only way to get a visa to Vietnam.
2- At first they were very helpful in building an itinerary based on the spots I provided that I wanted to see
3- Over time, it felt that they were obliging me to book 4* hotels saying it's immigration that requires them to do so. After I accepted the fact and shared with them the hotels i preferred, they wouldn't allow me to change. Please note that most tours were private for me and location of pick-up would've been very easily integrated.
4- I was never asked on details like what kind of seat I want for train ride, or if I prefer a sleeping bus. So by the time I got to vietnam I was surprised at some inefficiencies (like a night train - which is horrible from everyone who describes it), I had to really fight to change to a sleeping bus which was much more convenient and comfortable - trip to Sapa.
5- Example: I paid around 300$ for a one bed on a cruise to Ha Long Bay, my friend booked separately and did more activities on her cruise than mine, and paid 160$.
6- When you're in Vietnam you realize that there are few things you want to change (specially knowing that you have paid for this service), and they were very difficult when it comes to wanting to change, there was an argument every single time. Claiming that immigration is monitoring my moves and if I choose to spend a day in Hue instead of Dong Hoi, it's not allowed (do you believe them? because I don't), and moreover that it's very difficult to re-arrange with guides, and that I would get no refund (even though it was clear over several instances when talking to guides, that they were extremely flexible to change dates for things, and they get paid way less than what I paid the agency).

Note that I paid for those tours (more expensive that if I had booked myself), in addition to that, I paid around 900$ just for agency fees!

So ladies and gentlemen, do not work with this agency to build a full itinerary. Maybe just for a day, but not 2 weeks. You will pay triple for a below average service and a headache.

1  Thank FunkyOzzi
VNDiscovery, Người quản lý at Vietnam Discovery - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Dear FunkyOzzi,
First of all, from Vietnam Discovery Travel team, we would like to say sorry for any inconveniences that caused along your trip with us!
Regarding to your feedbacks, we would like to have some clarifications as follow:
Firstly, based on Vietnamese Immigration Law, for Lebanese, Turkish, Pakistanian …citizens, when a travel agency works on your behalf to submit your visa application to Vietnam Immigration Department, it is required to submit a full travel itinerary of the applicant booking with the guarantee travel agency along their stay in Vietnam. Once it is submitted, it is prohibited to change as it is the pre-approved routine by Law.
If any changes made during the trip, both the traveller and the travel agency has to cope with the risk as:
+ Traveller will be immediately expelled from Vietnam and no permission to return back.
+ Travel agency will be suited by Law and might lose the Business Operating License.
Therefore, upon your last minute service change requests, to ensure you were confortable, Vietnam Discovery Travel did put our best effort to obtain the risk and change your transportation, yet we could not assist you much on changing the tour schedule, the travelling routine or the hotel as you requested. We really hope for your understanding that we worked on your best interest to protect you from the risk of breaking our Immigration Law by not changing these.
Secondly, it is also a requirement by Law for certain countries’ citizens such as Lebanese, Iraq, Pakistan, the 4-star service is standard and compulsory requirements in travel itinerary. So the price for travel package is certainly higher than the expenses of backpackers even we tried to quote the best rate to you.
All of these had been shared with you before we create your itinerary and you agreed on that. For your next booking if we have other chance to be your companion, we would re-confirm more than once every detail along your trip before submitting the tour schedule to the Immigration to ensure it meets your needs to avoid any changes and inconvenience.
After all, Vietnam Discovery would like to thank you for your feedbacks, that help us to review our service and operating procedure to support you and other customers as the best as possible for the coming trips.
Thank you so much!