“5 days Northwest & 14 days Laos/Vietnam ”
Review of We Ride Vietnam

We Ride Vietnam
Ranked #26 of 558 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Ride Vietnam is a custom motorcycle tour company whose focus is on original experiences in Vietnam and Laos. We are ready to show you the best of Vietnam with the most modern fleet of bikes including new Honda XR150cc and more powerful Honda CRF 250cc for the serious adventure rider, and a collection of classic Minsk 125 motorcycles, to take you to the remote places in Vietnam and Laos. Join us for an unforgettable adventure on our Vietnam motorbike tours.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We rode with We Ride Vietnam a few years ago and loved it so much, we came back again. This time we did two trips. Our first was 5 days in the Northwest region ex Hanoi. By far my favourite region of Vietnam. You have the option of Honda crf250s or xr150s. We chose the 150s and they were great. The bonus is, a mechanic rides as part of the group so the bikes are always good to go without any issues. Huy the mechanic was a great laugh and was always keen help us try new food. We were lucky that the more adventurous of our group were able to do a few off road detours without holding up the rest of the group. We stayed at some great homestays with amazing food and views. The tour ended in Lao Cai then an overnight train back to Hanoi which was a cool experience.

After a 2 day break in Hanoi we started our second tour which took us through Laos and finished in Hoi An. This trip was mainly on good sealed roads with bigger miles per day. We saw a lot of the country in the 8 days we were in Laos. Hai, our guide and the owner of We Ride was awesome as usual. We had some great laughs with Hai and his awesome support crew.

If you are wanting to tour Vietnam by motorbike but want all the hassle taken out of the equation, or you want to try a bit of off road without the worry of breaking down in the jungle, We Ride Vietnam is for you.
The tours can be adjusted for all skill levels so don't be afraid to give it a go.

Until next time, Thanks very much

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"picnic lunch"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I enjoyed all aspects of this tour arranged by the local company WeRideVietman. We took 5 days to ride from Hanoi to Lao Chi on the Chinese border via a large variety of roads from main highways to outback trails; much of NW Vietnam is mountainous providing interesting trails and spectacular scenery. I'm in my mid-60s with many years of road bike experience but with no off-road experience. Apart for a couple of short stints, my biking skills were not especially challenged and for those who wanted extra challenges - there were alternative diversions on offer. It was a great itinerary: from my time in Hanoi, to the small mountain villages, to the tourist mecca of Sa Pa, the overnighters in "home stay" accommodation, the overnight train trip back to Hanoi from the Chinese border - and too many other features to mention. WeRideVietnam organised the tour exceptionally well and our guides Thuan and Huy did all that was expected of them and much more to make out experience enjoyable. Finally, the cost of the tour proved to be excellent value with the bikes (Honda CRF 250), equipment, accommodation, meals and petrol all covered. We are planning another trip next year.

1  Thank RossFT
Reviewed March 25, 2018

This trip was great. The things that were out of anyone's control were excellent, no wet days, no mechanical failures, a good bunch of Aussies and a couple of agreeable Kiwis.
The things that were the responsibility of the organisers were well taken care of without any fuss or complaint.
In particular I would like to complement Huy for his quiet and fuss less manner with which he went about his tasks in making everything happen on the tour.
To do this ride you don't need to be a dirt bike expert, just be competent and confident. You will enjoy this great country.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

This was my second trip with Hai and once again he didn't let us down for a minute.
He took over 1000 km's through South Vietnam without worry or incident.
We rode through coffee plantations, across rivers, through rice fields and small towns.
Hai's knowledge of Vietnam is second to none and takes you off the beaten track to places you would never normally see without a professional guide like him.
The motorbikes were nearly brand new and were a dream to ride for hours and hours each day.
If u want to see the real Vietnam, 'We ride Vietnam' is the way to go!!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Hey all,

Normally I don’t write any recommendations on trip adviser. But in this case, there is no other opportunity because this motorbike trip is an absolutely brilliant way to explore Vietnam far away from any tourists. Hai is a great guy and is trying everything to show you the brilliant landscape with its local poeple. The bikes and also the equipment are in very good condition. I did a 2 day 1 night trip up to Mai Chau. I felt at every second on this trip safe with him and really this is true I never had such a good tour guide on any trips before. I am still speechless about this amazing tour. Thank you so much. I will definitely come again as soon as I can. Good Job.