See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I think this was a very nice resort in it's glory days, now it's old and needs a lot of work! We went here on our trip to have lunch which was good (seafood and fish).

The pools are nice but need work and the sunbeds are from wood which is broken and old and does not have pillows.

Lunch yes, stay here..... big NO!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Erc P
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I came 3 times to Phuong Nam Resort and everytime I have many problems with the service.
First time, in the morning it was raining a lot, so I called reception to ask if its possible to have breakfast in the room (because the restaurant is 200mts away from the rooms and have to walk outside). The receptionist answers me yes OK. I wait for 20mn but no news, I call again the reception, they tell me no sorry, cannot bring breakfast in your room. So I ask them for an umbrella to go to the restaurant; after waiting another 10mn I still dont receive the umbrella so I run under the rain to the reception to find an umbrella.
Second time, I give some clothes to the laundry, and one of my top comes back with 2 holes in front. Very angry, I ask for sewing kit at the reception, they tell me its in the room with the toothbrushes. Coming back to the room, impossible to find the sewing kit. I come back to the reception again, they tell me sorry, we bring one for you to your room, which I also wait for at least 15mn.
Third time, at 5am in the morning suddenly a radio switch one very loud outside of my room. I call the reception, they inform me that they cannot stop it because its outside of the hotel, and today the manager will talk with the people to stop this radio. The day after, 5am the radio switch on again, impossible to sleep, I ask to transfer to another room to sleep. At 7am I have to leave for work so I ask them to transfer my things from the old room to the new room; they need to help me do it because I will be back very late after midnight. At midnight when I come back, my things have not been transfered to my new room, I have to go and pack it and bring it by myself.
Not mentioning the breakfast which is mostly for Asian taste, but nothing for westerners taste except sandwich bread, jam, and cereales which are so wet from starying outside too long. No internet in the rooms.
I would not recommend anyone to go there even if they need to work in Binh Duong, its preferable they take hotel in HCMC.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Coralie R
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The grounds and restaurants are very beautiful and well-kept. Reception and house-keeping staff friendly and helpful. Room clean and very spacious. Unfortunately, the restaurant service and cooking were pretty bad. The breakfast buffet was fine, but go elsewhere for lunch and supper. There are two clean swimming pools. nicely situated, but the loungers are wood, with no pillows. We went down the road to the Metro and bought our own. I think we paid $30 per night, dirt cheap for a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank agatestreet
Reviewed January 8, 2009

What a great place to stay just outside Ho Chi Minh City limits. We booked through their website and had one of their taxis pick us up at the airport. The location of the resort is through an alley which looked deceiving but has around the clock security guards. We stayed with our two kids, had fun in the two pools and using the lounging and fishing pond. The food was excellent and fresh and would try to cook waterever you wanted. Enjoyed the nice strolls at night around the resort. The staff was terrific in helping with our needs. Check the website for pictures. Very relaxing except we were there when they had lots of rain. You have mulitple areas where you can seat for a meal or a drink and relax in the open air. We were there for both Christmas and New Year, where they had lots of activites and food for both the guests and people from outside. The price is right and is listed as a 3 star hotel/resort. I'll definitely return on our next trip over.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Schooner88
Reviewed July 9, 2008

If you have planned to do a stop over in Ho Chi Minh (more commonly known as 'Saigon') for more than 2 days, then take the opportunity to stay at this excellent resort located about 15 km outside CBS. I stayed there in July 2008 for a full week and it was a decision i don't regret since Ho Chi Minh CBD can be extremely, and i really mean Extremely, noisy. If you just in town for a day or two, it might be a better idea to stay in the city since it takes about 40 minutes to travel (one way) in to the city.
A taxi cost about $10-12 one way.
There are 4 room categories:
a) Standard (320.000VND, b) Superior (350.000VND, c) Deluxe (400.000 VND) and d) VIP (750.000-990.000VND). I stayed in the VIP for 750.000 which was very spacious and perhaps more than i needed but well worth the money. Most of the rooms are actually cottages so you really gets that 'resort' feeling.
I had fresh fruit delivered daily to my room and free breakfast was included in my deal and it further had an electronic safe in it.
The resort is surrounded by a high wooden wall which further increases security.
There is a huge fishing pond in the middle, approx 150x75 feet,
which have tables along the edges where you can have your meals. There are further 2 big swimming pools and various other leisure areas with pools table tennis, free wi-fi etcetera.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank topboxAustralia