All reviewsearly departurenear airportrooftop poolone nightbreakfast was includedgreat hotelreception staffclean roomstaxivietnamcitycleanlinessfacilitiessaigon
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Very clean room. There was an issue at about 2:30 in the morning when another guest was checking in — at least that’s what the front desk said was going on when i called. It sounded like construction right outside my room, banging and loud talking. That was my only complaint. FYI, keep the cabinet door where the refrigerator is located open if you want to keep it cold. If it’s closed, heat really builds up around the fridge and things don’t get cold. There’s a guard posted at the entrance to the hotel rooms, which made me feel safe. And their breakfast buffet (you can also order off the menu, I think) is better than any I’ve had at a hotel in Vietnam — it’s included in the room rate — and they even allowed my friend to eat with me each morning when she’d come to get me. I would definitely book here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

The hotel room I stayed in was average size and new (across the street from check in desk). My room was clean and comfortable and I had a large soaking tube in my bathroom. Nothing spectacular but I would recommend if in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolina R
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

This hotel isn't old.
Standard rooms are in a separate building, with only a bath tub, no shower head, the tub is installed in the middle of nowhere, no handle, no toiletry holder, no shower curtain. And I don't think there's an elevator in this building too.
After upgrading to a better room in the main building, the facilities look better. However the bidet is loosely installed and moved all these time.
Good sized room. Breakfast ok. Cleanness ok. Service ok. Location near the airport, but you wouldn't get a taxi to this hotel from the airport since it's too close. no shipping center nearby.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2018

The worst experience at any hotel ever in my life.

My girlfriend (who is Vietnamese teacher) and I booked a room at Ciao Saigon for a weekend. At check-in, receptionist said that because we are not married, we cannot stay in the same room. However, the receptionist said an exception can be made but we need to show her photographs of my girlfriend and I traveling around Vietnam together so we can prove to her that my girlfriend is not a BAR GIRL or a PROSTITUTE!

I was shocked. To make sure I wasn't hearing things, I asked, "Do you think my girlfriend is a bar girl!?" The receptionist replied, "Yes."

She said that if I cannot show her photographs to prove my girlfriend is not a bar girl or a chicken (the Vietnamese term for a prostitute), then we cannot stay!

The receptionist and the part-time (?) manager said it is the hotel policy that guests need to show photographs to prove that the Vietnamese woman is not a prostitute! I was incensed! I asked the to show me this policy because I wanted to see it. They said they could not find it to show me. I said that if it is hotel policy then it should be very easy for you to show it to me. But they could not.

Ciao Saigon, how is it acceptable to tell a guest that she is a prostitute when she is checking in?

I have never had a worse experience at any hotel ever in my life.

The rudest receptionist and manager I have ever met. In fact, the manager started laughing when he called my girlfriend a bar girl! He quickly changed his tune when I challenged him.

Absolutely disgusting staff.

We found another hotel and had absolutely no problem checking in at the new hotel. We both gave our IDs at reception, and it was absolutely fine - just as it has been for the past 5 years that we have been together.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joe B
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

A hotel that understands its guests needs/concerns and acts promptly... after change of plans needed to extend stay and top management ensured our happiness/requests.
The breakfast manager here is one of the top assets ensuring our continued stays here with his dedication to quality food/service.
With my extended stays here regularly up to a month at a time, I highly recommend this establishment.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple