New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of L'Apothiquaire Spa

L'Apothiquaire Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The original L'Apothiquaire branch is ideally situated in the heart of downtown, close to the main hotels and offering the perfect urban sanctuary and spa. Housed in a quaint, lovingly restored century-old French townhouse. L'Apothiquaire features high ceilings, original tiling, an exposed brick wall and wooden stairs. The antique furniture enhances the old world charm which transports you away from the hectic pace of modernity. Upon entering, L'Apothiquaire is a boutique with traditional wooden cabinets - resembling a 17th century French Apothecary. Along the cabinets is an array of the comprehensive range of L'Apothiquaire's beautifully packaged organic body and face oils, scrubs, bath salts, organic soaps and organic herbal blends, from France. An intimate foot-care room overlooks a small courtyard featuring a gargoyle and orchids. Upstairs are seven private & semi-private treatment rooms draped with luxurious, velvet curtains. An elegant suite featuring a private Jacuzzi. Treatments follow the L'Apothiquaire philosophy of using only the finest, natural and organic ingredients to offer a delicate but effective healing process for mind and body. Trained beauty consultants will put you at ease, tailor a treatment to suit your individual needs and recommend an going program to ensure your renewed radiance is maintained. L'Apothiquaire Artisan Beaute opened in 2005 and was voted 'Best Beauty Salon' in the same year. It offers the ultimate in body care and facials, a unique experience not to be missed.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very authentic spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

We loved the location and ambience at this spa even though it's some way out of the ciy centre.

Professional service at reasonable prices. Room decor is ostentatious but this doesn't detract from the experience.

Recommended.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank davina a

Montebello, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Relaxing place to go to after a day of sightseeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

My friend and I went to L'Apothiquaire after we spent the day at the Cu Chi Tunnels. We were feeling rather gross and exhausted and a few hours at the spa was just what we needed. We made our appointment online through their websites. It's a little hard to find because it's behind another building and their sign is small and dim. To get to it you have to walk down a dark scary alleyway, but when we finished they called a taxi for us. I got a facial for my acne and was very pleased with it. They also let us use their showers before we got our treatments which was really nice. If we had known we could shower there we would have taken clean clothes. Overall, it was a great experience.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Kacey B
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

Went to the branch down in district 1. Staff were friendly on arrival and was given a nice tea. Had a facial, products used were great but the therapist was not so good. Was yawning through the majority of the facial and did the facial half hartedly. The facility was ok not very private in a large room with curtains seperating each customer. Did hear some noise from next door which was a little bit distracting but expected this from an earlier review. Was ashame as the products used were great. Not sure if i would go back again perhaps will try the branch in district 3 instead.

Visited April 2011
Detroit, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience I've ever had! Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

It was an wonderful day I was been in a beautiful spa - the most absolutely great spa in Vietnam that I've ever visited. Loved the environment, atmosphere and incredible professional staffs. The first impression was the booker - the one got my appointment - her English was perfect, she introduced me clearly in details many treatments that your spa has (really excited me to come there right away to enjoy) (I took a Gentleman Care package) and she really was friendly helpful to tell me how to get there and how much for taxi fee (it's really helpful for foreigner tourists at the first time coming to VN). I've been taken advance of taxi fee here so I'd regard to thank her again here. (I got her name). And finaly I came there and been treated like a VIP customer all staffs welcomed and served me tasty tea. They were friendly and professional to show me services. I had a good short steam then a wonderful treatments with experient therapists (their hands were good, soft but strong). I really enjoyed that time there and it was absolutely worthy. I'd definately tell my family and all friends about this. Thanks. Come back soon. JS

Visited March 2011
1 Thank jayworldtraveler
Da Lat, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not to my expections”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

They are full n transfer me to their downtown branch. Noisy because of bar next door. Facilities and environments are poor while charging the same rate.