“Best view, perfect coffee with inspiring people.”
Review of QV Coffee

QV Coffee
Price range: US$17 - US$27
Description: QV is a specialty coffee roaster and opens to RESERVATION and by SET MENU ONLY, please book at least 1 day in advance through our Facebook page. We pick only premium ripe Arabica from famous mountainous Dalat of Vietnam, at 1,700m above the sea level, process all steps naturally from picking, de-pulping, fermenting, washing, sun-drying, milling, roasting and crafting each Espresso and Latte...We also delicately bake QV madeleines to pair wonderfully with our premium homemade coffee. Besides our exquisite coffee, we are also famous for our specialty QV Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef Noodles without MSG.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The one and only coffee shop where the barista is also the server aka chef aka coffee bean expert aka a typical single Saigon gentle-man.

If you come to Saigon as a visitor, visit him for a cup of coffee, you will understand how passionate and dedicated yet crazy but friendly a Saigonese can be. You may not only fall in love with Saigon through his stories, but also Dalat, where his best Arabica beans were selected, or Hoian, Danang, Phu Quoc, etc.

If you are a local, tired of this noisy city, come for a cup of coffee and a bowl of Bun Bo, to bring back all your missing pieces.

If you are an ordinary human being looking for some motivations in life, find this man and let him inspire you.

Quang V, Owner at QV Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Nhu,

This is Quang Vinh (QV). Thank you so much for your kind review. I am extremely happy for friends around the world to have an opportunity to enjoy marvellous Arabica from Dalat mountain of Vietnam that is hand crafted from Each Ripe Cherry To Every Cup by myself...

The amazing coffee, the delicious food and the silky madeleines themselves are not enough to win people's heart but the intimate human connection and conversation also make friend's experience at QV special!

I look forward to your next reservation!

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

The owner also serves as the cook, and also the picker of the coffee beans, he selects and grinds it and handles the coffee to the customer. He was so special and different, so it was the best coffee I've ever had. I will go back with my friends who also love càe !

Quang V, Owner at QV Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Na,

Thank you so much for your review. I will try my best to bring QV as a very special place NOT ONLY to share superior Arabica coffee from Dalat mountain of Vietnam (that I personally harvest, process and roast), the food that I delicately cook, the madeleines that I meticulously bake, BUT ALSO to maintain QV as the second home for worldwide friends to look forward to return.

I will see you soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2017

If you want to be spoilt please go here you will walk away very happy.
The personal care and attention with the explanations and his love for his craft is second to none.
Please try

Quang V, Owner at QV Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Dear Yen,

Thank you so much for making reservation all the way from Australia and your kind review. I will continue with my strongest passion to craft exquisite Arabica coffee from Dalat mountain of Vietnam and homemade food for friends around the world to enjoy!

I look forward to seeing you during your next visit. Please say "Hello" to Peter and Harry for me!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

An evening in Mr Vinh’s exquisitely decorated and spacious dining room is an experience not only unique to Saigon, but possibly the world. You see, when you book in, this experience is only for you and your group - whether it be only you and your partner, or perhaps you and a small group of friends. No one else. And you will be served only by Mr Vinh, who prepares all the food and then serves to you his high quality Q.V. Coffee in the form of your choice (I tried his aromatic espresso and perfect Caphe Sua Da).

Only one dish is served, but what a dish! The most delicious Vietnamese beef noodle in broth I’ve ever had, with the freshest homemade ingredients: handpicked greens, homemade sausage, tender beef and a broth lovingly prepared and simmered for eight hours to produce a flavoursome treat with just the right balance of flavours. It is a dish both satisfying and filling.

It is then time for Mr Vinh to prepare you your coffee. Another unique aspect of the evening’s experience is that the coffee is not only prepared by Mr Vinh, but also harvested and processed by him from start to finish. On the night I was there, he had just returned from the coffee growing mountain of Dalat, where he had spent the previous fortnight handpicking the very finest Arabica coffee cherries.

A review cannot be written without mention of the man himself. Of all the unique qualities of the Q.V. experience, perhaps the most charming aspect is the host. Mr Vinh is a fascinating and accomplished man: previously a TV anchor and investment banker, now turned chef and coffee maker for the pure love of Vietnamese food and coffee. It is this genuine love for everything that makes up the evening’s experience that makes this an absolute must on a visit to Saigon. (And, very surprisingly, this entire experience will cost you less than $30 per head.) Enjoy!

1  Thank Milton N
Quang V, Owner at QV Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Milton,

WOW!!!

I don't know what to say when I read your review. I almost cried! I just want to keep it short:

It is a valuable reward to me personally and to Vietnam generally that international friends around the world have been appreciating QV Coffee from the finest Arabica of Dalat mountain that I have been working so hard for. Without the strongest passion and diligence, I would NOT be able to craft the coffee because it requires so much love and intensive labor to make it happen. People often consider Vietnam as a country that only produces Robusta and don't know that Vietnam does also has superior Arabica if you know how to nurture, reserve, pick, process, roast and pull each espresso shot passionately as the way I do to my roasted bean brand:

QV Co. Reserve, A Blend of Red & Yellow Arabica Bourbon from Dalat Mountain of Vietnam.

For the dish, QV Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef Noodles (Bún Bò) without the use of MSG is a signature dish in Vietnam but I take it to a much higher level with the quality and my personalized recipe and of course cooking from the heart always gives the best result. I even refuse to buy pre-picked and pre-chopped greens and have to pick and chop it myself to maximize the dish's natural and exquisite taste. Moreover, you cannot even find the beef salami in the noodles anywhere else because it is also created by my own recipe and this is praised by many Vietnamese guests as well.

Once again, thank you so much and I look forward to greeting you again during your next reservation!

Please take good care!

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Here is Vietnamese coffee at its best. It is helmed by a passionate guy , a chef who cooks with his heart, and genuinely out to inform and entertain guests in a cozy environment. Our family of five from Singapore could not but heaped praises on his delicious pho and dessert, and kept delighting ourselves by continual requests for the exquisite coffees. It was a most pleasant experience, entertaining and educational, and we would recommend it highly.

Quang V, Owner at QV Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Dear Swee L,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very happy to hear you describe my coffee as "Vietnamese coffee at its best" and "exquisite". That is a huge reward to me because I work so hard for QV Co. Reserve, A Blend of Red & Yellow Arabica Bourbon that I pick each ripe Arabica cherry on Dalat mountain top and process all steps delicately to create each exquisite cup as you have mentioned. Vietnam does have superior Arabica from Dalat mountain if someone has enough passion to reserve the plants for them to produce ideal fruits, after that, processes and roasts the right way as I do.

In addition, thank you so much for loving my cooking and baking as well. I hope to welcome Sarah, other family members and you again in the near future.

Please take good care!