1,006 results
All reviews shuttle boat art suite boat service imperial suite boutique hotel apple tv complimentary mini bar overlooking the river beautiful hotel beautiful pool an oasis of calm the hustle and bustle small gym bustling city quiet area no lift late check
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

The Villa Song is a beautiful colonial house, tastefully renovated with all modern amenities. The neighbourhood is full of expats so there a lot of cafes and restaurants to walk to.
A few drawbacks make us rate the hotel as "very good" instead of "excellent".
1/ Distance to the main part of town. The high speed boat is great and there are shuttles often enough, the boat ride is a superb way of seeing and feeling the city, the ride is shorter by boat than by car, however the ride is still long (about 30'). The point is that it is quite far from the city centre for those wanting to visit HCMC.
2/ Our toddler fell on the terrace and bleeded from the lip. We asked for ice cubes and they didn't have any (!!!). So we requested a small spoon of sorbet to put something cold on the lip. They brought it but charged us a full scoop of ice cream.

However, the hotel manager seems to genuinely care about the guests' comfort and well being.
And if you are aware of the distance, you can organise yourself accordingly.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Yega T, General Manager at Villa Song Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Dear Des A,

Thank you for the review! Am very glad that you liked our Villa and the lovely neighborhood as well as the boat shuttle into town, which normally only takes 15 minutes. Not sure why your boat ride took 30 minutes unless it was during bad weather conditions, but even then, it should not have taken 30 minutes, I will follow up with my team here.

Please accept my apologies for the miscommunication about the ice cubes. We do indeed have ice cubes, from our very own filtered water ice cube machine, and am not entirely sure why this was not given to you. I am also very sorry that we charged you for the sorbet, which should not have been the case. We offer a complimentary mini bar which is replenished daily, a complimentary breakfast which is served all day long long, as well as free wifi, so nickel and diming our guests is definitely not part of our standard operating procedure. I am sorry that you experienced this.

I will improve on the training here, especially on language skills and comprehension and sincerely hope that we have an opportunity to make it up to you.

Yega Thiyagarajan
Villa Song Saigon

Reviewed August 24, 2016

The river is just beside the dinning area. The building, I feel there's a french romance in it. I found so many corners of it can make good seats. With some drinks and nice food, I had a perfect afternoon here!

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016

This Hotel is a surprise in the big city of Saigon, or Ho chim Minh City (as you like)!
Far from downtown, and at the same time near by water, it's the perfect place to visit Saigon!
Staff very gentle!
Food with very nice options!
Rooms just need some more attention on the amenities.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear COliveira33,

Thank you very much for your review and we are pleased to note that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comment on the amenities in the rooms but would appreciate it if you could kindly please contact me at yega.thiyagarajan@villasong.com to let me know where we fell short on your expectations.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back!

Best Regards,

Yega and the Villa Song Team

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

Location is a bit away from downtown but still accessible by short taxi rides. The upside is the area is quiet and relaxed. Nice to have a beer and a meal next to the river, soft breeze throughout the day. There are pretty good restaurants nearby but a bit more than walking distance.

Service was pretty good, no complaints. Food was pretty good for breakfast and dinner. The spa is very nice, well worth the cost.

There is a small but nice pool and fitness center. Jogging outside is popular but not much to see.

Rooms are just ok, has some charm but not very modern. The ground floor rooms are bigger but don't have a verandah.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Hotel has everything you need. Shuttle boat into city and an all day breakfast. Hotel is a nice place to relax after a day in the city using the pool. Staff were very helpful. There is even a free mini bar in the room.

Missing a few tweaks to really make it stand out but overall we were very happy.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauren K,

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that overall, you enjoyed your stay as well as the shuttle boat and the all day breakfast. I would be very grateful if you could please email me at yega.thiyagarajan@villasong.com to let me know the missing tweaks so that we can improve on our services and facilities here.

We are actually closing for renovation from 5 to 30 September 2016, and hope for an opportunity to welcome you back after that, to the new and improved Villa Song Saigon.

Yega and the Villa Song Team