“CHEATED BY AVA HOTEL”
Review of AVA Saigon Hotel

AVA Saigon Hotel
Ranked #309 of 986 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2015

A month before we arrived, I went to check on hotel location and to ensure our bookings are in order. It was. Mr Leon assured me everything would be ok. Ok for everything.
Upon arrival, we were told there are no rooms for us. That the previous guests have extended their stay. Then 5 mins later, it was another story - flight delay so guests have to extend.
Bad story teller !!!!!!!
THIS IS A VERY COMMON STORY TOLD BY VIETNAM HOTELS.
AIM - to get you to stay at another of their group hotel away from central so that they can rent your room to walk-in customers at higher rates.

We were offered rooms in AVA 2, which is further away from Ben Thanh. It is at backpackers' lane and cheaper area. Also there are much drinking and singing. Not quiet to sleep. 20 minutes walk to Ben Thanh Market.

I had to raise my voice and show our anger. Yes, you have to do this or they win. And you get cheated.
We told the staff that they should not allow extension since they know we were arriving that day.
She insisted on taking us to AVA 2 hotel by taxi. We refused.
I told them I will book into the hotel that I normally stay and they have to follow me there to pay. And since she cannot decide, we wanted to see the boss or manager.
Within 5 minutes, they offered us the hotel next day.
Not until we see the hotel and rooms. We took the hotel next door which is better. Clean and friendly.
We will never go to AVA Hotel again. CANNOT BE TRUSTED.
And will advise all my friends against it.
The purpose of writing this review is to bring to the attention of would be guests.
Also breakfast area is in lobby. 3 tables !!!! Each table for 2. No wonder they prefer you to take breakfast in your room. Breakfast is only bread and coffee or tea.

Room Tip: Pick hotels around Ben Thanh Market
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank LCcheatedbyAVA
Ava S, Owner at AVA Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your chosing AVA hotel.
First of all, as the Owner of AVA hotel, I would like to apologise you for the inconvenience which you have got in first nite.
We had a fault in this case.
Earlier in your booking date, I did to close all rooms because of fully booked. But I could not because of broken international cable in the sea and all of connecting to international internet lines were interrupted. These situations are sometimes happened in Viet Nam., especially in Ho Chi Minh city. We can not control. You could read the problem in the news .
Anyway, This is our fault. In this case,we usually offer to upgrade the room for my Guest into the higher grade hotel than ours. Certainly, We have to pay much more than I have got from you. We did with our best in order to make you feel be happy. I think that this is the best way which is used by all of hotels which were overbooked but out of control.
In your review, I feel glad because you were satisfied with the hotel which we move you to there. I do with my best for the Guest and you had a good accommodation for your holiday.
Thank You again for your staying in our Hotel.
Best wishes and regards,
Trang Trinh ( Ms.)

Reviewed 1 May 2015

This hotel was fine. Great location near attractions like Ben Thanh Markets, war museum and palace. Adequate size. Freindly, helpful staff. Breakfast was good with reasonable selection. Free same-day laundry service was great. On the down-side the hotel and rooms are very dated and the bed was not very comfortable but passable.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish N
Reviewed 7 March 2015 via mobile

Clean.
Quiet.
100m from the Ben Thanh Markets, lot's of great food in the neighbouring streets, 15min walk to bar areas, but some nice local ones too.
A little rough around the edges, but nothing at all inconvenient.
Also, it has free laundry.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Mikedwashere
Reviewed 20 December 2014

I never actually stayed at this hotel, but I stayed at one on the same block on Ly Tu Trong street where the price for laundry was ridiculous as they charged for every single item.

So I went across the street to AVA Hotel instead to do my laundry there, and it was perfect. I handed in my laundry in the morning and got it back the same afternoon, all folded and smelling wonderful.

AVA hotel charged 25.000 VND (about 1 EUR, or slightly more than 1 USD) per kilo, not per item. As a comparison, my hotel charged 15.000 for one pair of socks or 45.000 for a single T-shirt, so AVA Hotel is very good value for your money.

The staff was very nice and it seems like a good hotel too. The location is very good.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Nick O
Reviewed 3 December 2014

This was my 2nd time at the Ava Saigon 3 hotel, and I will return in The staff were very helpful with good communication skills. The hotel and my room were both very clean. The location is good. The prices are very reasonable. The breakfast is pretty much standard but still very good. Free international calls Free washing I would recommend the Ava Saigon 3 hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank peter m
Reviewed 30 November 2014

A great budget hotel in a great location. The Ben Thanh market is a couple of minutes down the road. Other attractions are all quite close. The staff are very friendly and very accommodating. They helped us with booking tours and for our onward journey.
They have a free laundry service which allows you to have a top and a lower item of clothing cleaned every day. This helped us tremendous.
Breakfast was very good and can be taken in their small dining room in the reception or in your room.
The rooms were clean, but our room had no window which is a shame, but as we were hardly in the room didn't bother us to much. Great value for money.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bryan61
Ava S, Owner at AVA Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write review for AVA Saigon Hotel.
Your truth words make my staff be happy and it is very useful for other traveler.
Hope see you in AVA Saigon Hotel again.
Trang Trinh
Ava Hotel Chain Owner
avasaigon.com

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very helpful & friendly staff. I think his name is mr. Tan.. He ran to us when we're going on the wrong direction to the daun restaurant. The rooms was nice, wifi is good & breakfast also very nice.
We used their transfer airport service & it's cheap!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank b3nzy

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your good review of AVA Saigon Hotel.
Your kind words make my staffs be Happy. Mr Tan ( Owner) is very happy if he know that his advice is useful.
Hope see you next time .
Regards,