“Consistency may be a problem”
Review of Le Bouchon de Saigon - CLOSED

Le Bouchon de Saigon
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: French traditional food in the heart of Saigon.
Reviewed 23 April 2016

In France "le bouchon" is a type of restaurant (typically in Lyon) providing a convivial atmosphere and offering affordable and substantial food (as opposed to some fine dining options). This is the format adopted by Le Bouchon de Saigon.

I have visited the restaurant several times and I am aware of French people that eat there. I found it a bit hit or miss, the same dish once is good and the next time is questionable. One of their specialty for example is mussels, last time I ordered I got what in my opinion was second grade quality mussels (small and not meaty) and I could not enjoy the dish. They also have a reasonable range of other French classic dishes, both meat and seafood, while they might be good the overall pirce-quality in my opinion is not there.

1  Thank katanankes

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

We stumbled across this place and were nicely surprised. As soon as we sat down we were all given a drink. The kids food was served super fast. The desserts - especially the creme brûlée were delicious. Great food and a relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Food is terrible in this restaurant and I do not understand why they call it " Le Bouchon" this have nothing to see with French cuisine, the salad was terrible and the grilled steak was just a piece of boiled meat half fat and half meat which I couldn't describe, the french fries was horrible... very expensive for what it is... not recommended at all

Reviewed 4 March 2016

I discovered this restaurant during my trip in November 2015. for an expat living in Asia, finding a such a good restaurant is like finding a gold mine !
the food is super delicious, the staff and owners are friendly.
I enjoyed it so much, that I go every time there when I go to Vietnam ! Yummy westerner (French) food !

Reviewed 29 February 2016

The food was excellent, the service the same. The price is correct, not cheap, not expensive showing the quality of the food and the recipes :)

highly recommended, worth it !