“Restaurant clearly on the decline”
Review of Le Bouchon de Saigon - CLOSED

Le Bouchon de Saigon
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: French traditional food in the heart of Saigon.
Reviewed 15 May 2016

I use to enjoy this place, maybe before 2 years ago when they had a different chef.

After the change in chef, food is horrible and inconsistent. Lost the love and care that you could taste in the food. Seems like amateur chef throwing things together trying to pass over as same good dishes as his predecessor.

Good ambiance, but clearly falling apart. Not sure if owner is even aware.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

The price is acceptable but the meals are just not good at all. Only the "moules frites" was ok, the rest (steak, fish, salade) were terrible. The restaurant looks really like a bistro in France.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Surprised us with a champagne when we came in which was great! Service was overall great too. Escargots were very nice and fresh. My wife had the medium duck which was nice but my beef tenderloin to was unevenly cooked and inconsistent with some parts medium while other part well done even though I ordered a medium.

Ended the night with a huge cockroach that was crawling around my wife's chair that the waiter couldn't kill it. That was a bad way to end the night and the impression of the restaurant

Reviewed 23 April 2016

In France "le bouchon" is a type of restaurant (typically in Lyon) providing a convivial atmosphere and offering affordable and substantial food (as opposed to some fine dining options). This is the format adopted by Le Bouchon de Saigon.

I have visited the restaurant several times and I am aware of French people that eat there. I found it a bit hit or miss, the same dish once is good and the next time is questionable. One of their specialty for example is mussels, last time I ordered I got what in my opinion was second grade quality mussels (small and not meaty) and I could not enjoy the dish. They also have a reasonable range of other French classic dishes, both meat and seafood, while they might be good the overall pirce-quality in my opinion is not there.

1  Thank katanankes
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

We stumbled across this place and were nicely surprised. As soon as we sat down we were all given a drink. The kids food was served super fast. The desserts - especially the creme brûlée were delicious. Great food and a relaxed atmosphere.