All reviewstop floorwithin walking distanceopera housebuffet breakfastwalking streetdeluxe roomnotre dame cathedralmekong deltacitysaigondistricttours
Reviewed March 31, 2017

This hotel is a bit rundown but worth the money since it is located within Union Square where Uncle Ho's statue is. The location is one of the busiest in HCM and it is packed with the locals every single night. It is just right opposite REX hotel which is one of the oldest but nicest hotel in HCM. the best part is the hotel rate is affordable and within walking distance to most of the tourist spot in the city. Uber and Grab is available every at every corners of the city.

Room Tip: Choose the ones with Windows
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2017 via mobile

In need of desperate refurbishment

We booked it for one night on our way to Bangkok. It was on a good offer so we didn't bother reading the reviews. It was a mistake. Apart from the good location and clean sheets to sleep the hotel doesn't offer much if you are looking for the real 4 star experience.

The reception staff cold, the hallway to the room with an old carpet, the room in desperate need of refurbishment. Dated furniture, dirty walls, faults on the ceiling. Breakfast is served on the 11th floor with a view overlooking the city but don't hold your breath. Dry croissant, warm juices, flies on some of the sweeties.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2016

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Upon check in, the receptionist told me that my 2 rooms are not available. So they transfer me to another hotel with the promise will be the same as this hotel. But at the time of arrival, the other hotel is old, hard bed, terrible smell...The next day, they transfer us back to Oscar hotel. Good location but the hotel is extremely noisy. Our room is on the 10th floor. Every night there is a party on the 11th floor past midnight. We can't sleep until 1 am and around 6 am it's start to get noisy again because they start breakfast. The room is clean but the water in the bathroom is super slow. It takes forever to take a bath. The elevator is so small which only fit 4 people and slow. The room have no window which is not mention in the booking. Breakfast was horrible. My advice would be to avoid this hotel. There is a better hotel The Palace 50 yards away.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank vuvivian77
Reviewed December 17, 2016

I really loved the location of this hotel. The staff were also very helpful and approachable. Our room was big, and had a nice view of the city. Everything was clean.

We had booked 2 nights there, but upon arrival was told there had been an issue with the booking and we were to stay in another hotel close-by. We were provided with a free transfer. We paid the same rate as what we were going to at the Oscar Saigon, for what was in my opinion an inferior room. This was the only negative experience of the say. I really enjoyed our night at the Oscar Saigon otherwise.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adele L
Reviewed December 16, 2016

On the last day of my vacation, I booked online in advanced to stay at Oscar Saigon Hotel for one night before flying back to the US. I was at the front desk getting ready to check into my room when the receptionist promptly asked for payment and I complied. She then told me that there were unfortunately no more rooms available because the hotel was fixing the water pipes. She apologized for the inconvenience and then told me she actually already had booked another room at another hotel that was on the same street as Oscar Saigon Hotel (Nguyen Hue) and assured me that the hotel was also an equivalent 4-star hotel. I thought it was a bit sketchy and was a little annoyed at the inconvenience but I understood and complied. I trusted the integrity and professionalism of the staff, but little did I know, the receptionist thought I was stupid, charged me the price of a 4-star hotel and ended up sending me to a 3-star hotel. Additionally, the hotel wasn’t even on the street Nguyen Hue as she indicated previously. I was insulted that she lied to me with a straight face. How stupid do you think I am?

Before I left to the other hotel, the receptionist from Oscar Saigon Hotel acted like she was doing ME a favor.

The room at the other hotel that was booked for us smelled disgusting (it smelled musty and like mold). The room was also humid and the loud air conditioner which ventilated air very poorly didn’t help make my stay any more bearable. I even have a sound recording of how loud the air conditioner was as evidence should it be asked of me to show proof. Because of the temperature and environment in the room, mosquitos and insects were rampant and my husband got bitten multiple times, 8 times to be exact. He didn’t get bitten at all during our entire vacation until our stay at this horrendous hotel. My uncomfortable and unaccommodating stay made me suspicious which prompted me to check if the hotel that I was sent to was really a 4-star hotel as the receptionist at Oscar Saigon Hotel claimed. That’s when I found out that I was deceived.
When a hotel burdens a guest with such an inconvenience, you’d think that the hotel would at least give you what you paid for, a 4-star hotel. If they aren’t going to upgrade you, at least don’t try to trick you and downgrade what you paid for, a 4-star hotel for a 3-star hotel. I am a frequent traveler, so I am quite comfortable with searching for hotels online. If it were someone else, maybe they wouldn’t have known that they were being deceived.

The worst part is that they were aware that they were fixing the water pipes yet they still decided to take on customers to send them off to another shady hotel. Had I known earlier, I would’ve just booked somewhere else myself so I wouldn’t have to deal with such an inconvenience and to be slighted like that.

The receptionist of Oscar Saigon Hotel was so conniving, it wasn’t until I confronted her about her lies that she apologized. I said either you knew that the other hotel was not 4-stars as your promised, or you’re trying to say that the Oscar Hotel Saigon is equivalent to the other hotel in that it isn’t actually a 4-star hotel like it is advertised. There’s no excuse. She was well aware and knew what she was doing. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism that I encountered by the staff and receptionist at Oscar Hotel. I have stayed at Oscar Saigon Hotel previously, but after being treated like this, I will make sure to never come back and to make sure I never to refer anyone here.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple