2,555 results
All reviews old wing rooftop bar breakfast buffet swimming pool dong khoi street opera house lovely hotel reception staff star hotel tour desk post office egg station central location within easy walking distance location is excellent stayed nights pho
Reviewed December 22, 2015

We stayed here for four nights at the end of our holiday and it was our fifth hotel, so we had a lot to compare it with. We had a comfortable room on the sixth floor, nice and spacious as was the bathroom, where there was both bath and separate shower. The only negative comment I have about the room would be that the hanging space was extremely limited. The view was just onto other buildings, but then this is more or less what I would expect in a city hotel, so no complaints there.

The hotel is located just a short walk from the river and lots of places of interest. Those places that were a little further can easily and fairly cheaply be reached by taxi, of which there are always an abundance.

We were on a bed and breakfast basis but there are lots and lots of places to eat close by with an large choice of cuisine. Try Jaspas just opposite, in the main road, for a good choice of both local and western food.

Very good selection at breakfast. Free wifi. Staff helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen P
Reviewed December 21, 2015

We stayed for a brief weekend back in January. The hotel was the choice of a friend who we were meeting up with and probably not the usual type of hotel we would choose, however having said that we were very impressed.
Our river view luxury suite had a huge bathroom, good size bedroom and living area, a second loo near the front door and was immaculately clean.
The room was very quiet with a beautiful view. The hotel is in a great central location with a very nice rooftop bar. The pool area was small but pleasant with ample sun loungers and all of the staff we encountered polite and helpful.
The breakfast buffet whilst having a reasonable amount of choice was average in quality but overall I found the hotel extremely good value for money and would return.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bertyboy78
Reviewed December 21, 2015 via mobile

The hotel has a policy that couples (with Vietnamese female, whom I am) need to show the certificate of marriage. The receptionist littlerally looked down on me as a prostitute since I was going with a Western boyfriend (and yeah reservation for 2 people under his name). The room welcomed us with not very pleasant and fresh smell, like the window had never been opened and they hadn't used any air freshener. We spent the whole day outside, came back and were about to go up. The other receptionist ran to stop us at the door, asked where we were going. My boyfriend said "we're going to the room", got a follow-up question, attached with a disgusting glance at me "you bring your friend?". "Girlfriend, we stay together", said my boyfriend. The man asked us for the room number and left, no "thank you". And yeah we have actually never got any "thank you" from the hotel staff! With all experiences interacting with the staff, I found it humiliating and we both were very pissed.
This is the worst hotel service I have ever experienced in my life and besides great location, I am not convinced why this is a 5 star...

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine D
Henry_T1930, Người quản lý at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2015

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay at Grand Hotel Saigon and please accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointment experienced during your stay with us.

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations and excellent services. However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service which was unacceptable. Your comment has been shared to Front Office Manager to train the attitude of our staff on guest serving and we are confident the necessary this will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction.

Again our apologies and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Henry Tran
Duty Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Traditional in style and comfortable well proportioned rooms. The Grand Hotel is a good place to stay to explore the city on foot. It is close to the river and some of the lovely old colonial buildings such as the French built opera house.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast deal and the variety of the breakfast buffet was amazing. Something to suit all nationalities.
There is also a pleasant rooftop bar which also serves meals. Lovely views of the river and city. Beautiful to sit there at night.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2015

We staid from 11 till 16 December in the ‘ Grand Saigon’ (Old Wing). I regret to write that despite the friendly service of the hotel staff this part of the hotel does not deserve a 5 stars rating in my view. I would rather give it a 3 ½ stars rating. Although the hotel dates from 1930 and still has its original French ‘ fer de fonte’ staircase and elevator as well as the original marble floors with beautiful inlay work it lacks the quality and luxury one may expect from a contemporary luxury hotel. We had a room on the second floor at the swimming pool side. The room (no. 218) although spacious had an unpractical layout.
The room had a good bed but everything else looked run down. The dark brown bathroom was rather small in comparison to the size of the room and had only a bathtub with a shower curtain. This could be rather inconvenient for older or handicapped guests. The dark brown not very refined furniture and dark brown wooden floor combined with cheap looking curtains made the room dark and cheerless and consequently did not contribute to a luxury hotel experience at all. Unfortunately we had to clean the top shelve of the built in cupboard as ‘house keeping’ had not noticed the rather thick layer of dust for quite some time. It is a pity that the ‘ Old Wing’ was not professionally restored in its former glory with a touch of contemporary luxury and technology.
However, the location of the ‘ Grand Hotel Saigon’ is good and at walking distance from major historical and interesting sites. In the area are also other 4 and 5 stars hotels.
The breakfast buffet was by all means good and with enough variety of local, other Asian and intercontinental dishes. The hotel has a roof top bar with life music and a nice view over Saigon.

Please note that my review only refers to the ' Old Wing' as I cannot judge the quality of the rooms in the other wing of this hotel.

Room Tip: Check a few rooms before accepting the keys!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Henry_T1930, Người quản lý at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2015

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued feedback.

It is great to hear that you were pleased with our location and with the service that our staff provided. However I do apologize for for the inconveniences experienced during your stay at Grand Hotel Saigon.

With all things from your review are great value for us. Please rest assured that your comment have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our service and facilities in "Old Wing Since 1930"

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hotel Saigon.

Kind regards,