“One of the Best Hotel Rooms Ever Experienced..!!!”

Royal Hotel Saigon ( Kimdo Hotel)
Ranked #107 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Located at the prime location of Ho Chi Minh City, this hotel is a very good one to my experience..!!

We had a training for all Asia and Pacific Advocacy Leads and all of us from different countries Asia stayed in this hotel from minimum 5 to 6 nights. And, also had our training sessions at their Saigon Hall located at the ground floor.

Airport Pick Up Service: As soon as we arrived we found a staff/ driver waiting there with our names on a placard and took us to a new SUV. The driver was well behaved and smart.

Reception and Check in: We were received warmly with mango juice, the reception staff was very sharp and took a little time to complete the check in process.

Room condition and comfort: An amazingly good suit I got which was furnished with wonderful furniture and smart interior putting minimum furniture. The bed was biiiiig with numbers of cushions of different sizes for comfortable sleep. A study cum living room was adjacent again equipped with great show pieces, furniture and lamps. Bathroom was spacious, with all necessary amenities and, a good sized bath tub.

Food and restaurants: There are few restaurants in the hotel, we used 2, one for breakfast and one for lunch, both were great..!! Staff in the restaurants were amazingly good.. Breakfast had continental, Asian, Vietnamese cuisines.

Service: Prompt service with helpful attitudes all throughout the stay, can not complain about any.

Recommend strongly for your stay for business, family or other purposes..!!!

Feel free to ask me any question about this hotel and, I will be happy assist.

Room Tip: Roadside suits at higher floors..!!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Imrul

Reviewed 30 November 2015

This was the last hotel we stayed at during our trip to Vietnam (out of 6) and it was by far our least favorite. While it is close to many attractions, the restaurants and shopping close by are very expensive. We wish we had stayed at one of the nice boutique hotels in teh backpacker area closer to the nightlife and tasty, cheaper food. The beds were uncomfortable and they only provided 2 small pillows which made for uncomfortable nights. The room was small, but clean. Bathroom was fine. The staff not as helpful and friendly as at other hotels and their lack of english made it difficult to ask questions and communicate. The one plus was that we had laundry done, which was very expensive but it smelled lovely!!

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 26 November 2015

I was there in November for 7 nights. It is very well located (downtown, near all attractions). People at the hotel are very charming and they try to do everything is possible to keep you confortable. Since I stayed for several nights, they were with a limousine at the airport waiting for me, and they bring me back to the airport the last day. Breakfast is wonderful: a cook is there for your eggs and other meals!!! very complete breakfast. I had a SUPER DELUXE room (less than 100 U$ per night with breakfast included), very clean, it was perfect for the price.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcelo G
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

In the heart of the city and few steps from Ho Chi Minh Square. Warm welcome, nice ambience, excellent breakfast buffet, good swimming pool adjacent to sauna and spa. Big rooms with a nice view. I like the place a lot and strongly recommend this hotel. Thank you for all nice staff I met.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2015

"A pleasant holiday ruined by this hotels racial discrimination" - On our recent holiday in Vietnam everything was going wonderfully well until my partner was accused of being a prostitute because I am European and she is Filipina. They automatically assumed I must have paid for her company and stopped us when going to the room at night to ask for our room number to see if they can charge "extra". My friend with his european wife has not been stopped. If you're looking for a hotel that treats its guests this way and barely apologises despite the damage it did to my partner, then look no further. There is no excuse for this behaviour and this hotel is a poor representation of an otherwise wonderful country. It's sad to see that they in fact discriminate their own people.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Reinhard_9876754
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent hotel. The staff made me feel like celebrity from the minute l got out of the taxi when l arrived till the minute l got in the taxi for the airport. The room was spacious for solo traveller. Location was extremely convenient, walking distance to all tourist locations in central area. Good thing the hotel has a pool, cause I made good use of it. Thank you to all staff at Royal Hotel Saigon formerly known as KIMDO.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Peanutson D
Reviewed 20 September 2015

the location was great, services very good, professional staff and helpful. when i need room service, they bring to my room 3 dishes in just 15 minute. this is a great time for me when stay here, we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple