“Attractive Price”

Ramana Hotel Saigon
Ranked #148 of 467 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Good hotel with good rooms. It reminds me of typical structures of the 90's,From this point there is no updating of the present life !Room cleanliness ok ! Abundant breakfast offer,I would only recommend paying more attention to table cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cirellone

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Other reviews seem to be quite consistent. We stayed here simply as a transit stopover and it felt more like a roomy 3 star then anything 4 star.

Best part of the room is the bathroom; shower is fully enclosed with great pressure. Room itself was large. That's it for the positives. Nothing really more to say.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
RamanaHotel, Giám đốc bán hàng at Ramana Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Phorte,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We hope you had a comfortable stay with us.
We are glad that you had positive feedback about our room. We will share your kind words to the team.
Many thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon .

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Terrible place!!!
Bad breakfast. Terrible service, when we checked in we had a small dark room on the 4th floor, we complained and got a room on the 9th. The pool was old and in bad condition. The spa was horrible.

Stayed: November 2016
Thank Christina Wilck... B
RamanaHotel, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Ramana Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Ms. Chrisina,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.
We truly regret to learn that we did not meet your expectation.
Comments such as yours allow us to take an honest look at our services and make necessary improvements.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I had only a daytime transit at this hotel and wonder who granted the 4 stars???
The spa smelt like the 'smoking room' at the airport and people walking down the hallways smoking!!!
They served Western food to us when the Asian guests has pho which looked great!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Jenny,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and bringing this issue to our attention.
We are so sorry to hear that our spa service were not up to your expectation. Please rest assured that this will be looked into and we will try to make necessary improvements wherever possible.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We had a 6 hour stopover at Ho Chi Minh City, so we're fortunate to be offered a transit stay in this hotel a few Km from the airport.

The best part for us was the opportunity for some exercise by swimming laps in the outdoor pool on level 5. The pool grouting could be cleaner, and the shallow end a little deeper (my finger tips scrapped the bottom when swimming backstroke at this end).
Also nice to have a shower halfway through 22 hours of flying.

We also had a meal in the downstairs restaurant. Average meal. European and Vietnamese food options. We chose the latter.

Rated sleep quality as very good, despite not staying long enough for a sleep. The room was quiet, bed looked comfortable. No noise from others walking along the corridor.
Clean towels. Toiletries provided.

Free WiFi.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Colin,
Thank you so much for your review of Ramana Saigon Hotel.
Regarding your above comment, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this situation at pool may have caused you. Your comments have been recorded and we have shared them with our team to fix the issue you experienced
However, we really appreciate your positive comments about our rooms. As you might know, beds are always kept in good condition to make sure the guests feel comfortable. We are delighted to hear our facilities have met your expectation.
Many thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

First time to try this hotel and was disappointed with the check-in service. They do not allow local friend to stay over even after paying for it (via Online booking Agoda).
Breakfast spread was moderately acceptable. Good selection of food.
If you like gambling this is a right hotel for you. Location is quite a distance from downtown. Taxi service is easily available.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
RamanaHotel, Giám đốc bán hàng at Ramana Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear Mr. Tony,
Thank you for your review. Regarding your above valuable reviews, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.
Please be understanding, The Vietnamese Government sets a regulation that all hotels are not allowed to accommodate in the same room a foreigner guest and a Vietnamese Lady, unless there is proof of marriage, where a marriage certificate is required. We always strive to provide the highest level of service, however we need to obey the law.
Also, we truly appreciate your words about our breakfast, our location.
Your comments have been recorded and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Good quality hotel about 2 miles from airport. Uber motorbike to airport cost just $1. If you will go to the left from the main entrance in 5 minutes you will get to the local market. If you continue to walk in about half an hour you will get to the center of the city. Had bad experience with hotels spa.I recommend avoiding the spa on the 4th floor as it is run by crooks. You will pay for a massage or another service lasting a certain amount of time and they'll try to steal some of your time. There are many places around that are 30-40% cheaper, but I came to this one because it was in my hotel and I thought the service will be better. I signed up for a 30 minute foot massage and a 90 minute massage. At some point, I was told that the massage was done. The clocks in the spa were not working mind you. When I got back to my room, I realized that it had only been 60 minutes. They tried to steal an entire hour from me. I returned to the spa and asked to speak to the manager. She tried to convince me that everything was OK. Since the amount (they charged me 15% more that the price we agreed in addition) was charged to the room, I had to argue with the spa manager to reduce it to the one-hour price. She wouldn't budge, insisting I pay the full amount. So I had to call the manager of the hotel and continue arguing with him until we agreed on a price. Pretty much everyone in our group who came here had 15-20 minutes less time than they paid for. In the beginning, they'll also tell you that the price they charge only goes to the spa and hotel and that the masseuses only get tips, so be ready to pay more. During my check out hotel's front office manager apologized for the incident but the spa never did.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
RamanaHotel, Giám đốc bán hàng at Ramana Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Evraso,
As we strive to provide the highest level of service everyday, we truly regret to learn that you have had a bad experience in our spa service. Comments such as yours allow us to take an honest look at our spa team and make necessary improvements.
Please rest assured that such a thing will not happen again.
Once again, we hope you can forgive this inconvenience and not let it stop you from staying with us in the future. We do really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, so that we can provide a better experience.