1,099 results
All reviewsshuttle busthe executive loungeshuttle servicebuffet restaurantfourth floorrooftop poolhotel gueststhe hotel offersbooked this hoteltour deskan excellent hotelclub roommekong deltaben thanh marketdistrictcityvietnam
Reviewed February 10, 2016

When arrived at this hotel to the 4th floor reception area we were really impressed at how lovely it was, we were told that it had been recently renovated - little did we know what was to come...
Halfway through our check-in procedure the person who was dealing with us just walked away and we were left waiting until someone else attended to us. then, despite check in being 3pm and us arriving after that time, we were made to wait in reception area for 45 minutes before being given a room key.
We went up to our room and were very disappointed to find that it was very dirty – the carpet had obviously not been vacuumed for some time.
We were hungry as it was late afternoon and we had not had lunch whilst travelling, so asked where we could eat, only to be told that the rooftop restaurant (the all-day restaurant) was “closed for renovations” but we could eat in the Chinese restaurant. We went to the Chinese restaurant – only to find that it was closed and would not open until 5pm. While we were there we checked the menu and were disgusted to find that there was a large picture of a dismembered sharks fin advertising that they serve shark fin soup (an archaic remnant of a misinformed and ill-judged history – as a civilised population in the 21st century we now know better than to cut off sharks fins to make soup).
We then decided to go out on the streets to find somewhere to eat – however it soon became apparent that there was nowhere in the vicinity to eat, and after wandering the grotty, dirty streets surrounding the hotel we went back to our room and ordered room service. What could go wrong with that?... We ordered a vegetarian pizza, a veggie burger and some fries, after waiting for a very long time (I didn’t time it but would say at least 30 minutes) the pizza and fries came but no sign of the burger, we asked where it was but did not get a satisfactory answer and so had to wait again for that to be made and brought to us.
Whilst we were eating there were lots of children running up and down the corridor shouting and slamming doors, we politely asked them to be quiet however the noise continued.
We asked to be moved to a different room as we wanted to have a relaxing stay here, however we were told that the hotel was full and there was no room available to move us to. However, we were assured that the school party would be asked to be quiet and would not disturb us further.
We decided to go the spa to book a massage, however the lift would not go to the correct floor for the spa, so we went to reception to find out about booking it and were told that the spa was “closed for renovations”. We then enquired as to what time to pool closed and thought perhaps we could go for a swim later that evening.
At 10.15pm we received a note though our door telling us that as from the following morning the pool would be “closed for renovations”!!! This was not mentioned earlier when we asked the pool opening hours! What kind of a hotel closes all its facilities at tone time???
By this time we were totally sick of this place and had made up our minds we would not stay here another night and I sent an email to our travel company requesting a move.
We went to bed but the shouting and noise from the children kept us awake until 1am when my husband banged on the connecting wall and shouted at them to be quiet… We were, of course, awoken at 6am by the children in the corridor outside our room slamming doors and shouting and making very loud “shhh” noises.
In the morning we were offered a change to a different room and they also offered to postpose the work to the swimming pool, however we were so sick of the place and moved to a much nicer, cleaner hotel, in a better part of town.
I suggest that you avoid this hotel until all the renovation work has been completed and all areas are fully open again.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Adwin C, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2016

Dear ladybirdseahorse,

Thank you very for your lengthy review.

It is a regret indeed to read that you had such discontent stay with us. While couple of issues are unavoidable including the maintenance of the pool due to safety of the guests where some cracks were detected in the pool during our daily routine checks.

As for other flaws we are rectifying them to ensure we can deliver our best services to our valued guests consistently.

We look forward to your next stay with us still, to have a flawless experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2016

I had 3 nights stay in this hotel. very good location, not quite in the city center , but the shuttle bus they run from the hotel was excellent! You can use it to see all the city because they have fixed routes and stops. The hotel itself is a good 5* (not deluxe), but it has an excellent Spa center recently renovated. Of course is more expensive than the ones on the street but it worth all the money. Me and my wife had an excellent experience. Be aware that they do not accept single men for massage other than foot massage. Good break-fast with a lot of choices. On hotel groundfloor there are a lot of shops and near a market with food -stalls, souvenirs, tea etc. Nearby there are a lot of restaurants, I would recommend one that is just near the hotel (BBQ) for the karaoke performace of the locals :))) and great food.

Room Tip: get the reception to give you a room over 20th floor
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Adwin C, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2016

Dear Radu I,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

We are delighted to know that you and your wife had an overall satisfactory stay and we look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2016

Despite the simple exterior the interior of the hotel (mainly lobby and corridors) is richly decorated and meant to impress. The hotel makes a good first impression but in many places it reminds me of a scenography – everything looks luxurious but when you look closer the details are not there and the materials are sub-par. Nevertheless the room is clean and beds are comfortable. It is also worth mentioning that the hotel offers good price/quality ration.

There are numerous reasons I would not recommend this hotel for your stay in Ho Chi Minh City. First of all the hotel is located in a relatively run down area. There is absolutely no possibility for a nice walk around the hotel – you will need to walk on the street, passing some small workshops.
The lobby of the hotel is located on the fourth floor – this is because there is a market located on the lower floors. The market has a separate entrance but be warned that this is not an exclusive shopping mall –it is a labyrinth of small shops selling counterfeit jeans and other clothes directly from the floor.

The level of service is disappointing. When I was checking out on the fourth floor nobody offered my help with my luggage. Even when getting a taxi in front of the hotel (which required going down the stairs) I could rely only on a help from the taxi driver. I believe that 5-star experience would require a bit proactive approach. Not to mention that when I asked for a taxi at the check-out I was told I would have no problems catching it myself. I would rather expect a confirmation that a taxi will wait for me downstairs.

It is a large hotel that caters without any doubt to conferences and group and if you do not care for location and just want a room in HCMC you should consider it. Otherwise there are plenty of other hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Dear Piotr S,

Thank you very much indeed for your time taken in sharing your review.

The location of our hotel is actually our unique selling point where the tourists can experience the heritage district of Hochiminh city also known as Chinatown.

I had addressed the shortcomings you mentioned to ensure we are consistent in delivering exceptional experience to our guests.

We may not be your preferred hotel in your next stay or recommendation, I still look you would return to witness that we are a more than an average hotel.

Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

Hotel is Ok,staff is helpful but 25th floor rooftop restaurant is terrible, to start with menu is terrible, the Vietnamese rice papers rolls with seafood,which we ordered were dry and old looked like were made yesterday and left out,we send them back,in main course my seafood fried rice came with rotten prawns, the staff was apologetic but its simply not acceptable.I don't think will come here again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Rajeev S,

Greetings from Windsor Plaza Hotel.

First of all thank you for your feedback.

It is a regret that you had not had an overall satisfactory stay especially at one of our restaurants. While I am unsure your description on our menu, we have looked into your comments over our food being served to you as we take food hygiene and safety very seriously.

Nevertheless, I still look forward to seeing you again as we are more than an acceptable hotel and food & beverage is our pride.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 6, 2016 via mobile

Very good hotel with some hidden gems. Roof top pool excellent. Service excellent and friendly. Friday night BBQ on floor 25 extremely good and very good value but happened on it only by chance since it was poorly advertised. Breakfast involved wide choice and generally very good but orange juice is very poor clearly from concentrate and watered down.

The Chinese restaurant on floor 5 was mixed. Food good but service unfriendly and uncaring despite excessive staff.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Adwin C, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2016

Dear Howard J,

First of all thank you very much for your kind feedback over your recent stay with us.

We are happy to know that you had a satisfactory stay while certain flaws you highlighted we will look into in no time.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Once again, your stay with us is highly appreciated.